World Cup: Aug 30 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Finland (0-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
SectionX said:
not good. the czech will come fired up for the sweden game :shakehead

Yeah, they will. I'll be a great game. They certinly have an advantage in goal, but it feels we have a better defense and a more deep and harmonical offense, although the czechs may have more pure snipers/goalscorers.

And you, get Viasat ;)

Vic Rattlehead*

Was an intersting game. First period had some excitement, second period was dull, and the third period was a real eye opener. Great way for Finland to start the tournament. The Czechs did not show up at all, well, Vokoun atleast tried, but that's it.

SChan*

Robertsson 4-ever said:
Yeah, they will. I'll be a great game. They certinly have an advantage in goal, but it feels we have a better defense and a more deep and harmonical offense, although the czechs may have more pure snipers/goalscorers.

And you, get Viasat ;)

I refuse to pay for viasat just for a few hockey games ;)

I wish it all was on tv3.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Ah, a good game, but the Checks :toothless were horrible. Ugh. Disgusting. They didn't even try. But maybe they will wake up and give a really bad beating to both Germany and Sweden. Oh well, we'll see...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Stupid lines by the Czechs, Reichel as the captain. No letter on Jagr's jersey. What is going on here. They went with 4 even lines no power lines whatsoever. This is what they started off with.

Vyborny Straka Jagr
Elias Vasicek Sykora
Rucinsky Reichel Hejduk
Havlat Dopita Dvorak

What the hell

Havlat and Jagr were dynomite in the olympics why arent they together.

Does anyone know what the D combos were?

On the other hand the Finns played extremely well, they were flying. Hitting everything that moved forcheking hard crisp passes shots from everywhere. They are going to be extremely hard to beat. I also really liked the makeup of there lineup. Even if Neiminen is out.

Lehtinen Koivu Selanee
Peltonen Jokinen Ruutu
Hagman Kapanen Hentunen
Ruutu Koivu Eloranta

They were just flying out there.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
SergeiK said:
The second assist cannot be assigned to Saku, because it was his little brother who passed it to Timonen.

What does NHL-rules say? If a goal is scored on rebound, can there be two assists?
Answer: yes

Mikko Koivu would not have gotten an asssist on that goal if the game was sanctioned by the IIHF. Perfectly OK in the NHL though, that´s why we see some defensemen with 200 assists every season...

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Douggy said:
I think we could take him. :thumbu:
Keep dreaming that Viivi will take Playboy's offer.

About the game... A mediocore game imo but the results are what count afterwards. A clean 4-0 victory from the Czechs is a very good result for us since the Czechs will improve their game after that display. They just plain and simple have to if they are about to keep the fans happy. That shows to us later on if they manage to beat the Swedes. Of course, Finland - Sweden matches are always intense but it would clearly put more pressure to the Swedes.

Jokinen was simply the best player imo for Finland. He did alot of work and was an example for the other guys. Kipper was solid but he didn't have to do miracles to help us win.

Vokoun was the best for the Czechs. He tried to do his job the best way he could. The other just weren't there. I don't why they didn't even try. On with the show tomorrow.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Douggy said:
Thanks for the video. I'll take the anchor-woman's phone number now please.

Older posters may remember that video I posted a link to, where she was dancing with a girlfriend at some Finnish night club. Not sure if it's still around.

Badman

Jul 10, 2004
Stavanger, Norway
kissmeimasensfan said:
What the heck's a fartsbot?

I'm so immature. :p:

It's norwegian and it means "speeding ticket". But I can see that it is funny to english speakers. What the article says is that this Jussi Salonoja-character received a world record speeding ticket of 1.5 million norwegian kroner (approx. 215 000 US $). The fines in Finland are based on what you earn... :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad