World Cup: Aug 30 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Finland (0-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
1-0 Jukka Hentunen (Niko Kapanen, Teppo Numminen)
2-0 Saku Koivu (Jere Lehtinen)
3-0 Niko Kapanen (Sami Salo, Ville Peltonen)
4-0 Mikko Eloranta (Kimmo Timonen, Mikko Koivu)

Last edited:

DanKramerHabs

HFBoards Partner
Moskau said:
(Saku Koivu has dropped about 6 guys much bigger than him with ease).

Hell, I'd take Germany over them.

Don't think that they're soft because little Saku is beating up on them. He may be small in height, but he plays like one of those "much bigger" guys.

Pretty goal by him as well.

GO FINLAND! (well, go Canada first, but they don't play today and Finland's my 2nd team)

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004
1-0 Jukka Hentunen (Niko Kapanen, Teppo Numminen)
2-0 Saku Koivu (Jere Lehtinen)
3-0 Niko Kapanen (Sami Salo, Ville Peltonen)
4-0 M.Eloranta (Timonen, M.Koivu)

Mar 4, 2003
Ottawa
Haha I love that CIBC "unlimited checking" commercial, when Jarome comes in, ah that's awesome.

EDIT: Another penalty for CZE, Malik.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Hagman comes in 1-on-1 against Malik who looks like he's on wooden legs. Can't see him as anything but a healthy scratch for game 2. Hagman turns him inside out but can't finish. Two mins penalty for Malik.

Master Kush

Jan 29, 2003
Visit site
Hello....

Has anybody learned anything from these type of tournaments in the past?

It's pretty simple. The team the starts off the shittiest ends up winning the whole thing. Those who start off great peak too early and fade when it really matters.

You will see...

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
SergeiK said:
The second assist cannot be assigned to Saku, because it was his little brother who passed it to Timonen.

What does NHL-rules say? If a goal is scored on rebound, can there be two assists?

It's been fixed. Haven't slept yet, so I'm just a little tired.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Master Kush said:
Has anybody learned anything from these type of tournaments in the past?

It's pretty simple. The team the starts off the shittiest ends up winning the whole thing. Those who start off great peak too early and fade when it really matters.

You will see...

That's the Canadian way. Us Euros don't do that. :D

Seriously, winning the Euro group is a prize in itself because of the playoffs pairings.

Was that Timonen who just appeared in a Maggi sauce commercial? "Is hugging good"... gosh they should shoot that copywriter.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Fischer serves yet another turnover on a gold platter to Jarkko Ruutu of all people, who predictably enough cannons a shot somewhere in the orbit.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Very disseapointing by the czechs. Not many players looked good.

Not to blame Vokoun though, the help from the defense was poor. Spacek and Slegr did an ok job without shining but the others were lost, especially Malik. Vasicek tried, and Elias flashed now and then but they were very alone. Much more to ask from a player like Hejduk who did absolutely nothing.

The finnish defense looked much more reliable and played a very hard game, and were always first on the puck. Salo impressed, but all were good. Among forwards I mention Jokinen, Peltonen, Niko Kapanen, Hagman, Saku Koivu. They played really great. Miko Koivu also grew into they game, and was very impressive considering it's his firt assignment in the national a-team, and that he has none experience with the small surface.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Does anyone have a link to a complete BoxScore of this game? With shots/player, PP chances, scoring summary ... there's absolutely nothing on WCH04's official site!

It`s amazing that Peltonen has never quite established himself at NHL. He`s is still one of the best offensive minded forwards in Team Finland.

Also Mikko Eloranta was pretty good. I was stunned when I heard that Nieminen wasn`t on the roster and Eloranta would take his place. Great goal and great forechecking from Eloranta.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
SergeiK said:
It`s amazing that Peltonen has never quite established himself at NHL. He`s is still one of the best offensive minded forwards in Team Finland.

Also Mikko Eloranta was pretty good. I was stunned when I heard that Nieminen wasn`t on the roster and Eloranta would take his place. Great goal and great forechecking from Eloranta.

Raimo Summanen said that main reason of scrathing Nieminen/Laaksonen was the speed by Hagman/Eloranta. They skated very hard and got 1 goal and few penalties for Czech.

Eds

Aug 22, 2004
Helsinki
I was expecting a lot more from the Czechs...Finland played well, but not that well. There's a lot of individual skill in the Czech team, but the team effort was close to 0 today. Well, good for us. :hockey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad