World Championship 2016

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
That's absurd to me. He's played a ton of minutes and produced a lot. I don't know what else they wanted from him.

I learned a long time ago not to be overly concerned with player awards in IIHF. There have been some decisions in previous Men's and Juniors World Championships that have left me scratching my head. Absolutely no question that Larkin was one of the top three players for the US. I loved to see that primarily he played in the middle, not the wing. He not only played on the PP, but killed penalties as well. Worlds have been a great learning experience for him(probably equivalent to half an NHL season). He is tied with Matthew for team pts. lead at 9.

Todd Richards is a assistant coach for the US and will interview for the remaining asst. position for the Wings. According to some, the job is his for the taking. Should that be the case, I hope he really pushes Blashill to play Larkin at center, his natural position. This means to me that we do NOT have to sign a UFA center(E. Staal/Backes/Richards(either of them)/or Stamkos) to replace Dats. We have Zetts, Larkin, Sheahan and Glendenning not to mention AA.

Hope Team USA beats Russia.

GO CANADA GO!!!!!!

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
A point shot bounced and deflected several times before landing fortuitously on the stick of Derick Brassard, who pooped it into the net. On a later man advantage, Taylor Hall was stopped by Kinkaid on a breakaway.

That gem is from the IIHF write up of the US/Canada game re: the winning goal. I'm thinking Google translate may be the culprit. What a visual.

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
us of a playing like ****. Russians can do whatever they like. Americans are too damn soft, no puck hustle no nothing.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Well I was looking here http://www.iihfworlds2016.com/en/teams/#USA

I see now it says 7 points, but I swear it said 1 when I looked before. .. I guess I found a glitch in the site or something. Anyway glad to hear it's much better than that.

That's because you were looking at last year's WC stats.

Dylan had 1 in 10 last year. 9 in 10 this year.

Kid is 19 and has 20 World Cup games under his belt already.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

Ah, that must be it. Thanks for explaining it.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300

The way we're trending, he'll have many more opportunities to play at the worlds

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
watched the final since it was on while I was on treadmill

1) Peters prepped the game decently. He knew what Finns strength was and did not play to their strength.
2) above all, you need smart, skilled players. Before we even talk about execution, if players win enough battles, everything just sort of works the way intended to. This team needs more Brain, and Skills.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Canada played fantastic, completely killed Finland's offensive game. And did it by playing their own game. It remained tight thanks to FIN's strong goaltending and D but really FIN hardly had a chance. Congrats to Canada.

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
Well that and Talbot had 2 really good saves which could tie a game :) And i don't know why Jalonen kept Barkov line against O'Reilly line, they just dead stoped them

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Lol I was going to ask why then I saw who the poster was. Dude, you are obsessed with taking Larkin down a notch. What else is he doing wrong? His pocket square not match his pre-game suit?

I said he has been USAs best player in every single game thread for team USA (up until this game) and you say nothing

I say he was bad in one game

Last edited by a moderator:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I said he has been USAs best player in every single game thread for team USA (up until this game) and you say nothing

I say he was bad in one game

Sorry, didn't jump into this thread until yesterday. Your post seemed in line with all the other posts *****ing about Larkin sucking, diving, etc from GDTs so I just assumed and made an ass of myself. My apologies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Canada played fantastic, completely killed Finland's offensive game. And did it by playing their own game. It remained tight thanks to FIN's strong goaltending and D but really FIN hardly had a chance. Congrats to Canada.

Gotta "hate" Canada, when they are nowadays so smart and take former Red Wings coaches for these tournaments and always succeed.

Peters, McLellan, Babcock. When is the last time Canada did win something without a former Wings head/assistant coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad