World Championship 2016

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Some random scrubs are better at protecting a star player then ours

Far from random scrubs. Do you even watch hockey?

They did the right thing, Dats was in a bad spot there and I can't believe he wasn't hurt. Can you imagine what Abby would have done though? They let the guy off light.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Far from random scrubs. Do you even watch hockey?

They did the right thing, Dats was in a bad spot there and I can't believe he wasn't hurt. Can you imagine what Abby would have done though? They let the guy off light.

Yeah, these players are far from "random scrubs." Watch a few KHL games, you might learn something.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I didn't see the his name. I just saw the other guy. Couldn't make out his name. Could be wrong. He might not be a scrub

He plays on the Russian national team. There are no "random scrubs" on that team.

Meanwhile, Dats has looked just awful. I can't see him coming back at all.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He plays on the Russian national team. There are no "random scrubs" on that team.

Meanwhile, Dats has looked just awful. I can't see him coming back at all.

Pretty much anyone not playing in the nhl or isn't an ahl star is like a random scrub to me. Since I never hear about them

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hope that's true :nod: But worlds are no indicator of that with the top teams icing their B teams (at best).

Worlds are not probably an indicator... but why not winning also World Cup with better defencemen? :nod:

Laine - Barkov - Jokinen
Granlund - Koivu - Donskoi
Filppula - Lehterä - Aho
Korpikoski - Haula - Komarov
(Rantanen, Teräväinen, Salomäki, Pulkkinen)

Määttä - Ristolainen
Jokipakka - Vatanen
Juolevi - Pokka
(Lindbohm, Lindell)

Rask
(Rinne, Niemi, Lehtonen)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don't like the forward core. The dfence and goaltending are good though

Edit; outside of the first line for the forwards

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Looks like Team Finland is the new BOSS in the Hockey world. For the next decade.

Just watch out. :nod:

I'd be good with that. I've always liked The Finns scrappy style. They've been my fall-back team as long as I've been watching international hockey.

They need to get it done in the medal rounds.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Finns are second only to Canadians when it comes to hyping up their young players as the second coming.

That said, Laine does look highly impressive. I don't see any reason to think Finns will dominate international hockey anytime soon though. Team USA has probably an even brighter future and it's not like Canada will go away. Crosby-Toews-McDavid down the middle in the World Cup MIGHT be better than Barkov-Koivu-Lehtera.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Finns are second only to Canadians when it comes to hyping up their young players as the second coming.

That said, Laine does look highly impressive. I don't see any reason to think Finns will dominate international hockey anytime soon though. Team USA has probably an even brighter future and it's not like Canada will go away. Crosby-Toews-McDavid down the middle in the World Cup MIGHT be better than Barkov-Koivu-Lehtera.

Might be and there always will be and edge for other countries.

But our bread and butter... system play and teamwork... No one can match that. :nod:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Might be and there always will be and edge for other countries.

But our bread and butter... system play and teamwork... No one can match that. :nod:
Finland can keep up their superior system play and teamwork and Russia, Canada, Sweden and USA will keep winning more medals :naughty:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
until another country wins back to back olympic golds and 3 of the last 4 when its each countries absolute best on best then canada stands alone at the top

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
until another country wins back to back olympic golds and 3 of the last 4 when its each countries absolute best on best then canada stands alone at the top

Good claim to start making if you're a Canadian hockey fan since there looks to be almost no chance the best on best happens in 2018... I do have a difficult time seeing them sit out China though so I guess in 2034 we can hopefully have a good discussion about this...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad