World Championship 2016

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
Finland can keep up their superior system play and teamwork and Russia, Canada, Sweden and USA will keep winning more medals :naughty:

Lets see last 10 years:

Finland: 3medals from Olympic and 5 world
Russia: 0 from Olympic and 7 world
Canada: 2 from Olympic (both gold) and 4 world
Sweden: 2medals form Olympic and 6 world
US of A: 1 medal from Olympic and 2 world

yeah, full superior success, specially US

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
If I am the Leafs I am picking Laine in the draft, that kid is going to be amazing. I would not be at all surprised to see him threaten 50 goals every season in his prime.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
If I am the Leafs I am picking Laine in the draft, that kid is going to be amazing. I would not be at all surprised to see him threaten 50 goals every season in his prime.

They need a top C, they are harder to find. That being said, I agree that Laine is going to be a goal-scoring machine.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sweden has 1 gold medal in last 10 years. Just like Finland. Superior success. :handclap:
Lets see last 10 years:

Finland: 3medals from Olympic and 5 world
Russia: 0 from Olympic and 7 world
Canada: 2 from Olympic (both gold) and 4 world
Sweden: 2medals form Olympic and 6 world
US of A: 1 medal from Olympic and 2 world

yeah, full superior success, specially US
Finland Olympic gold medals all time: 0
Finland WHC gold medals all time: 2

that's what matters. I'll take Sweden's 1 gold + 1 Silver at the OGs over Finland's 1 Silver+2 Bronze.
Finland is on the same level as the US though, true. I'm simply predicting the US will be winning more in the next 10-15 years than Finland does.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Finland Olympic gold medals all time: 0
Finland WHC gold medals all time: 2

that's what matters. I'll take Sweden's 1 gold + 1 Silver at the OGs over Finland's 1 Silver+2 Bronze.
Finland is on the same level as the US though, true. I'm simply predicting the US will be winning more in the next 10-15 years than Finland does.

Success matters. If Finland won freaking bronze in football it would be miracle. Anyhow I'll take 2 golds in Sweden against Sweden over Sweden's medals (WHC WJC).

You realize how big it is for a small country like Finland to contend for gold against huge countries like Russia, USA, Canada or even our lovely neighbour Sweden? Hell even London has twice the people of Finland. I don't get why you are trying to down play Finland so hard, maybe it's the little brother getting bigger syndrome? ;)

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
kind of ridiculous that nobody in the states is showing these games on tv and I have to resort to streams

and people wonder why nobody cares about hockey

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Success matters. If Finland won freaking bronze in football it would be miracle. Anyhow I'll take 2 golds in Sweden against Sweden over Sweden's medals (WHC WJC).

You realize how big it is for a small country like Finland to contend for gold against huge countries like Russia, USA, Canada or even our lovely neighbour Sweden? Hell even London has twice the people of Finland. I don't get why you are trying to down play Finland so hard, maybe it's the little brother getting bigger syndrome? ;)

From my, albeit limited to only a couple, knowledge of Swedes, they'll downplay Finland for anything. A Finnish scientist could find the cure for the common cold and there would be some Swedes that would rather keep the cold than take something a Finnish dude made.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

Finland actually has more registered hockey players than Sweden so it can't really be argued that they're "tiny" in the hockey world. I'm not really downplaying Finland, just keeping it real. They're good but a bunch of silver and bronze medals really is nothing to brag about and while they're always a tough team to beat, it will still be a long while until they're a favorite to actually win in a best-on-best tournament.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I haven't paid any attention until now, but it looks like Larkin only has 1 assist in 10 games? Why so mediocre?

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
kind of ridiculous that nobody in the states is showing these games on tv and I have to resort to streams

and people wonder why nobody cares about hockey

go on iihf youtube channel. All games are live there and free :)

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Larkin was player of the game, but not one of the three selected for best of tournament for USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad