Woodcraft for Jack Adams?

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Saw some crazy stat that for over 100 games he has #2 win percentage of all time.

When he arrived last year Oilers were out of playoff spot, took them to Western Finals and again this year posting a great record.

Should he be a nominee at all? Hard to vote against Montgomery but imo Woodcraft should be second or up there at least.
Coach's for, New Jersey, Boston, Seattle, Minnesota, Vegas, Carolina (not in that particular order) would be just as deserving if not more so. So not sure why you decide rank them second other than being a bias fan.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Connor McDavid is the best player in the world by a whole lot

That doesn’t mean Woodcroft is a bad head coach, but I don’t think he should win the Jack Adams either.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
People writing that having the best player in McDavid makes Woodcroft ineligible and yet Boston having an absolutely stacked roster somehow doesn’t have any effect? Ok.

Both coaches certainly deserve to be in the conversation imo.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
All good options in this thread. Lindy may just take those Devils to the greatest single season point swing in history. (most point difference from one year to the next) Might have to account for something there.
if he is responsible for the turnaround, he was responsible for the disaster last season. i think fitz is more diserving than ruff.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Montgomery should win it unanimously tbh. Woodcraft after that is fine if he gets 2nd or 3rd i guess

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't see it at all. He hasn't really done an amazing job of "coaching" for the most part. He's just had the two best players in the game and let them run. I think Ekholm's impact really highlights how much of his success as a coach is just about the personnel, rather than the coaching.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
Oilers fan chipping in. Dont think he should win. Maybe 2nd or 3rd but at that point who cares?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad