Woodcraft for Jack Adams?

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Saw some crazy stat that for over 100 games he has #2 win percentage of all time.

When he arrived last year Oilers were out of playoff spot, took them to Western Finals and again this year posting a great record.

Should he be a nominee at all? Hard to vote against Montgomery but imo Woodcraft should be second or up there at least.

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
All good options in this thread. Lindy may just take those Devils to the greatest single season point swing in history. (most point difference from one year to the next) Might have to account for something there.

Reactions: egelband

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Montgomery gets it but guys like Evason, Brind'Amour and McLellen should get consideration too....

Canes and Kings are slumping lately but those teams were money most of the year (especially Carolina).....

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Should get some consideration, but I have to think it will be Montgomery or Ruff this year. A lot of people had both NJ and Boston pegged for a wildcard spot. Both have exceeded expectations by lightyears. I'd put Woodcroft in the same tier as McLennan.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
He’s not bad, but the oilers spent much of the season looking very pedestrian even with McDavid going off. Much of that team is still McDrai and the powerplay

Montgomery is the guy. Brind’Amour continuing on with an excellent defense team, Lindy Ruff and the devils have looked amazing. I like the idea of him getting booed by his own fans and winning the Adams in the same year

There’s a few other guys on teams that have improved this year over past seasons that also aren’t near front runners, but about even with Woodcroft imo

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
He’s not bad, but the oilers spent much of the season looking very pedestrian even with McDavid going off. Much of that team is still McDrai and the powerplay

Montgomery is the guy. Brind’Amour continuing on with an excellent defense team, Lindy Ruf and the devils have looked amazing. I like the idea of him getting booed by his own team and winning the Adams in the same year

There’s a few other guys on teams that have improved this year over past seasons that also aren’t near front runners, but about even with Woodcroft imo
They are 3rd in even scoring...

Edit: sorry forgot about todays game they are tied for second, right above Boston.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Too many huge turnaround teams and Bostons epic season for Woody to get a sniff. He’s done a good job but simply, no.

dwonger

Feb 25, 2023
Where are they in goals against

Where were they in the standings much of the year? Awards voters look at the whole season
Let's be honest, the Award voters don't look at anything except for stats. They don't even know what position most players play as shown by Ovie winning 1st team all star RW and LW one year.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad