Seravalli: Wonders if the Leafs will; buy out Brodie

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
The Canucks would/should pay to get Brodie. He's one of the best defensive defensemen in the NHL.

Buying him out is incredibly stupid.
He is NOT one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL.
He however is a good quality 2nd pairing Dman and not really overpaid.

Talk of a buyout has to be made up. … or maybe planted by the team to see what offers come in if the new mgmt wants to move him.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He is NOT one of the best defensive defenseman in the NHL.
He however is a good quality 2nd pairing Dman and not really overpaid.

Talk of a buyout has to be made up. … or maybe planted by the team to see what offers come in if the new mgmt wants to move him.
Yes, he is. Someone help me. Is this good defense?

1687390850701.png

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Yes, he is. Someone help me. Is this good defense?

View attachment 719834
Playing on the same ice as AM and MM creates good regular season numbers because the pucks in the offensive zone often.
When the offensive push dried up as games got more physical those numbers changed.

Note many pointing out HIS PLAY suffered late season and playoffs. That’s (to me) from having to defend more and neither he nor Rielly is really built for top pairing playoff competition (in their own zone).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I love TJ Brodie, this chart is a lie It's fake.

If he truly was in the 99 percentile for defense he'd be in the running for the Norrix every year.

But he's not and never will be.

Doesn't mean he's not very very good he absolutely is but he's not 99 percentile

Norris trophy doesn't really care about actual defense. If it did, Erik Karlsson never would have been seriously considered even with his offense.

Reactions: Ciao

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Norris trophy doesn't really care about actual defense. If it did, Erik Karlsson never would have been seriously considered even with his offense.

I don't know if that's true this year because 100+ points for a D man does not happen.

But if TJ Brodie were truly 99 percentile for defense he'd be what? top 5 in the league? He'd have to be in the running for the Norris They'd have no choice.

But that's not going to happen

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Playing on the same ice as AM and MM creates good regular season numbers because the pucks in the offensive zone often.
When the offensive push dried up as games got more physical those numbers changed.

Note many pointing out HIS PLAY suffered late season and playoffs. That’s (to me) from having to defend more and neither he nor Rielly is really built for top pairing playoff competition (in their own zone).
Lmao man. When Brodie’s on the ice, his team gives up fewer chances and fewer goals. That’s what a top defensive defenseman does.

You call him a 2nd pair guy and not elite defensively. Alright, then name 64 defensemen who are better than him defensively.
I love TJ Brodie, this chart is a lie It's fake.

If he truly was in the 99 percentile for defense he'd be in the running for the Norrix every year.

But he's not and never will be.

Doesn't mean he's not very very good he absolutely is but he's not 99 percentile
Is this a joke? Lmao. There’s an obvious reason he’s not in Norris contention: He doesn’t have any offense. Please show me a Norris candidate who scored 20 points or less, but was elite defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad