Wondering about Hainsey?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Hehe.

Jets GF% (just +/- placed into a % so equals out people with different TOI)

Pavelec with Hainsey defending 49.6%
Pavelec w/o Hainsey defending 48.3%

Or my favourite one:

When Enstrom and Byfuglien are together:
60.0% GF%
54.9% CF% (just all shot attempts as +/-, approximates possession time)

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Hainsey will not be back with the jets and will have a hard time finding a job anywhere he really disrespected the owners during the bargaining,he is a decent player but there are limited opurtunities for him.I would be willing to bet this is also the reason he wasn't moved at the deadline.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Hainsey will not be back with the jets and will have a hard time finding a job anywhere he really disrespected the owners during the bargaining,he is a decent player but there are limited opurtunities for him.I would be willing to bet this is also the reason he wasn't moved at the deadline.

I 100% disagree.
I don't see how he disrespected the owners.
NHL owners are all extremely proficient business people. They know what happens in a negotiations isn't personal. They may have hated him in that moment, but I'm willing to bet that most owners would admire and relate to what Ron did. It takes character to be a leader, especially when you're taking an unpopular position.

videofarmer

thirsty
Sep 11, 2009
ATL

It's not personal Zhamnov10, It's strictly bussiness.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I 100% disagree.
I don't see how he disrespected the owners.
NHL owners are all extremely proficient business people. They know what happens in a negotiations isn't personal. They may have hated him in that moment, but I'm willing to bet that most owners would admire and relate to what Ron did. It takes character to be a leader, especially when you're taking an unpopular position.
I would love to be able explain why you are 100% wrong but the mods don't like when I use inside information.not sure if that one was left up or not but could check my post about hainsey after the meeting the players had with the owners during the lockout.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
While I agree it's just business, I can't see Hainsey and the Flyers (Snider) or Bruins (Jacobs) being a great fit. I'm sure the feeling is probably mutual.

I would love to be able explain why you are 100% wrong but the mods don't like when I use inside information.not sure if that one was left up or not but could check my post about hainsey after the meeting the players had with the owners during the lockout.

Correction. Mods don't like when information that is 100% unverifiable gets used. There's an exact rule about it:

15) Outlandish claims of inside information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other administrators. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada

I actually would love to hear the inside information.

I know him personally and can corroborate any correct info.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

He wasn't moved at the deadline because we were in the playoff hunt.

Owners might not like him, but I doubt they care who their #4 defenceman is. Besides it is the GM, not the owner who makes these kinds of signings. Owners are only involved when it comes to superstar players.

Jetsman

May 11, 2013
Great White North
Sipowicz and PCanuck are right about Hainsey. Addition by subtraction indeed.

Hainsey is a fish out of water flopping all over our goal crease, getting in the way (whenever not deflecting them into our own net of course) and should have been waived last year.

Don't think for a second Chevy wouldn't unload him for even a 7th rounder if he had been offered it at the deadline.

They also forgot one MAJOR thing. He is a 6'3" puss puss. When the going gets rough in front of our net, he along with Antropov, Miettenen, and Wellwood have something in common... they'll pretend they don't hear the opposing player challenge them and they'll stare at the clock and skate away to avoid confrontation.

Good riddance Ron!

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
A lot of Hainsey-hate came from him being overpaid. And he wasn't very charming during the lockout. You don't get a lot of sympathy when you're the poster-boy for ridiculous NHL contracts and you're at the bargaining table demanding more.

But he was a steady 2nd pairing D during his time here - got thrown to the wolves in terms of tough minutes this year with Enstrom, Buff and Bogo being hurt at various times. He's okay - you'd like him at < $3 million. Not physical - uses position to get in front of shots instead of challenging the man/checking. Not sure where he'd fit on the Preds...they've got decent D depth already. He'd be down on your 3rd pairing - probably too expensive for a 3rd pairing D.

What's he looking for, Lynk? 3 x $3 million or something with the right team?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Hainsey is a fish out of water flopping all over our goal crease, getting in the way (whenever not deflecting them into our own net of course) and should have been waived last year.

Don't think for a second Chevy wouldn't unload him for even a 7th rounder if he had been offered it at the deadline.

They also forgot one MAJOR thing. He is a 6'3" puss puss. When the going gets rough in front of our net, he along with Antropov, Miettenen, and Wellwood have something in common... they'll pretend they don't hear the opposing player challenge them and they'll stare at the clock and skate away to avoid confrontation.

Good riddance Ron!

Yeah, ok. :shakehead Such a serious post. Not sure how we're expected to take you serious when you just want to make up stuff. If he was so bad, he wouldn't have played so many minutes.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Good riddance Ron!

Welcome to HFBOARDS!
Luckily your posts can only get better from here.
You obviously are talking out if your ass regarding Hainsey's value.

Also, I recall on MANY occasion Antro pulling guys our of piles. He was our best agitator, and wasn't one to shy away from physicality.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Hainsey had the highest Corsi Rel. Competition and the 2nd highest QoC on the Jets defense last year.

I would suggest that many of the deficiencies described in this thread are the result of him being played way over his head.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Hainsey had the highest Corsi Rel. Competition and the 2nd highest QoC on the Jets defense last year.

I would suggest that many of the deficiencies described in this thread are the result of him being played way over his head.

Knocked it out of the park.

My opinion has always been that Hainsey is more than capable playing the 3rd/4th toughest minutes. He's not well-suited to playing a shutdown role.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Hainsey had a number of injuries in year 1 of Jets 2.0 - so it was difficult to determine how good he was - or wasn't.

I though that he started off well last year after the lockout then really trailed off...

Get the feeling he really doesn't want to be here - so he shouldn't...

Bye, bye, Ron. I hope you get a goal next year wherever you end up. (against the opposing team)

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
A lot of Hainsey-hate came from him being overpaid. And he wasn't very charming during the lockout. You don't get a lot of sympathy when you're the poster-boy for ridiculous NHL contracts and you're at the bargaining table demanding more.

But he was a steady 2nd pairing D during his time here - got thrown to the wolves in terms of tough minutes this year with Enstrom, Buff and Bogo being hurt at various times. He's okay - you'd like him at < $3 million. Not physical - uses position to get in front of shots instead of challenging the man/checking. Not sure where he'd fit on the Preds...they've got decent D depth already. He'd be down on your 3rd pairing - probably too expensive for a 3rd pairing D.

What's he looking for, Lynk? 3 x $3 million or something with the right team?

Roughly around there yeah.

But this year it's most likely going to be a 1 year deal, picked a bad year to be a UFA.
I imagine it will be some 1 year term this season and then to try for a multi-year after that.

Thank you for using logic and stats over emotion.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Welcome to HFBOARDS!
Luckily your posts can only get better from here.
You obviously are talking out if your ass regarding Hainsey's value.

Also, I recall on MANY occasion Antro pulling guys our of piles. He was our best agitator, and wasn't one to shy away from physicality.

Yeah. but Antro is associated with Russians (even though he's not one himself) so we have to say he's soft despite the evidence otherwise. :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Bingo.

Ron is a whipping boy for many on our board. I had zero issues with him and I thought he was a guy that was asked to do allot, paid to do allot, and he gave it his best shot. Someone will have to fill his role and eat his tough minutes and I will be curious to see how that goes.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Roughly around there yeah.

But this year it's most likely going to be a 1 year deal, picked a bad year to be a UFA.
I imagine it will be some 1 year term this season and then to try for a multi-year after that.

Thank you for using logic and stats over emotion.

Cap will go up next year and Ron will get a longer term deal. 1 year and back into the UFA pool is the route to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad