Post-Game Talk: WOLL Stands Tall gives Leafs the Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'm so happy that the Leafs may have finally drafted a young superstar goalie THAT THEY'LL KEEP (Tuukka Rask ring a bell?)
Having an excellent goalie brings a very good team to a different level. Finally????
If Keefe was smart he should ride out the wave and keep him in net for Saturday's game.
And then he gets lit up because the team just ain't up to it, because they're on the end of a long road trip..............

How is that good for the Leafs? If anything that is good for Woll and the Leafs collectively.

Throw Sammy to the wolves on saturday. Don't put that on Woll.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bertuzzi finally had a game where things went his way a bit more. He's a greasy player but he's really good around the net. That 2nd line of him, Nylander and Tavares has been consistently a threat.

Knies also keeps impressing, and playing with Domi seems like a good fit. Kampf can be shot in the sun though... He doesn't hit, win battles or show any sort of IQ or skill. He works hard and can win faceoffs, that's it.

I thought Klingberg had a great game and Rielly keeps having a Norris level season. Without McCabe though, this is gonna get spicy. Benoit sucks really bad.

Woll being great isn't a surprise. A good goaltender will give you these kind of stretches often. Just don't turn on the guy once he cools down, please?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
jb.gif

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Admirable effort by the defence after having lost one of their defencemen. Rielly was terrific but they were all good.

But make no mistake, Woll was terrific again and without him we probably lose. He made so many high danger chance saves. Great stat, he hasn’t allowed a goal in the first or third. Doesn’t put us down early, doesn’t allow a letdown in the third.

Once again Nylander and Tavares were very good. Also liked Jarnkrok’s game. Marner great defensive game.

I’m done with the fourth line. Hemmed in every shift, allowing the goal, and even allowing a breakaway. Reaves is useless on that line.

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Glad Woll is off to a strong start. After a good showing last year, it's nice that he's built off of that.

That being said it's not the time to give him the net full time. Sammy's rope should be shortening but he should be getting some starts. Maybe more strategically though.

While I'm excited to get Knies into the top 6, I like to see his effectiveness on the third line. Some good growth there.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Bertuzzi finally had a game where things went his way a bit more. He's a greasy player but he's really good around the net. That 2nd line of him, Nylander and Tavares has been consistently a threat.

Knies also keeps impressing, and playing with Domi seems like a good fit. Kampf can be shot in the sun though... He doesn't hit, win battles or show any sort of IQ or skill. He works hard and can win faceoffs, that's it.

I thought Klingberg had a great game and Rielly keeps having a Norris level season. Without McCabe though, this is gonna get spicy. Benoit sucks really bad.

Woll being great isn't a surprise. A good goaltender will give you these kind of stretches often. Just don't turn on the guy once he cools down, please?
What kinda cooldown though lol

Are we getting Campbell’s .940 -> .914 where he was a .890 goalie for large stretches or just normal regression

Obviously there will be people who overreact to his eventual cooldown, but normal regression hopefully won’t be terrible and snowball into something worse

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
That’s exactly what I said the other day that he reminds me of a young Price, very calm and covers the net well with the ability to make acrobatic saves

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Why are people upset at starting Samsonov on Saturday.

This is exactly how we were acting when Campbell went on that hot streak in November then slowed down HEAVYYYY after January.

Samsonovs a really good goalie, let him get his confidence back and don't overwork the rookie goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille