Post-Game Talk: WOLL Stands Tall gives Leafs the Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
1) I am a huge Willy Styles fan. That being said, holy cow has he ever been leading this team this year in terms of sheer tenancy.
2) Joey Woll showing his small sample size last year was no fluke. This guy is for REAL but still, we need to ease him into a stater role as he has NEVER played 40 games in a season, anywhere. Sammy, love him or hate him, is ABSOLUTELY necessary to this team this season.
3) Anybody else noticing Knies "get up and go" so far? I don't think anyone has been more noticeable stride for stride while hunting pucks this year. Blows me away. Not saying his high end speed is the best, but off the block he absolutely jumps out at you.
4) I know I have mentioned Woll already, but it's a Woll thread, so he gets 2 mentions. Domi threw out the Price comparison and I hate to agree this early but I see it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a goalie this composed this early in his career. He always seems calm. Always in position. Nothing squeaks through him. Kid has real potential and I hope to God he reaches it and does so in the Blue and White.
5) Oh yeah, and people crying about Bert....Relax. He is coming along. It's hard playing with players who think the game waaay above what you do. Each game he seems closer and we are only 7 games in. By the time the playoffs come along, y'all will be fighting for room to swing from his n*ts haha.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I don't think there is enough good that can be said about Woll at this point.

He's quickly becoming the early story of the year. I don't think I've seen him play a bad game yet. His stats are outstanding.

I really hope this guy steals the net.

Bertuzzi had a good game. Glad to see him finally getting rewarded for all his efforts. I'm hoping he has a good year and the Leafs re-sign him.

If he sticks around he has potential to be a fan favourite.

The Leafs are off to a better October than they have in years. I'm glad to see the team performing well. I don't think there is any doubt they will have a playoffs spot locked down by American Thanksgiving.

It's what they do after that matters.

Go Leafs Go.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
some of Woll's saves were out of this world last night. His athleticism is so good. Combine that with his steady nature and composure and you get an elite goalie. which is what we're all seeing right now. The guy is dialed in.

I really hope Samsonov is watching from the bench and learning a thing or two (more about positioning and composure). we definitely need Sammy to bounce back. But guys, clearly Woll is our guy now.

Woll did the splits a couple times like Johnny cage from mortal kombat

yeah i was worried he injured himself on one of those. nope, it's all part of a nights work.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m not saying Woll will be a number 1, but he has the pedigree and the tools so they may as well train him up and see if he can play 45-50 games.

Last edited:

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Everyone needs to breathe about Woll not starting every game. His pro career high is 33 games one season in 4 years. And he hasn’t played more than 37 in a season since before he was drafted 7 years ago.

If we want prime Woll he should probably get no more than half the games before playoffs start.

Reactions: banks

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Kampf the defensive faceoff guy is an abysmal 40 percent on the draw this year. Oof. He’s a zero tool player.

Reactions: Duffman955

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I’m so excited for Joseph Woll. Both for him making a career and for the team to hopefully have a goalie they can ride deep into the playoffs.

If Woll can make it work, this team is SCARY
It feels good to be pumped about a Leafs drafted goalie again firs time for me since Potvin. Top goaltending makes defenders look good all of a sudden.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
You can't just let Samsanov just sit there. You'll need both. Nashville is a good game to get him in
Fair enough but the way he is playing... keep it going. There's no back to backs for a while.

Leafs have had a great road trip. Would of at least given him the Saturday game.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Fair enough but the way he is playing... keep it going. There's no back to backs for a while.

Leafs have had a great road trip. Would of at least given him the Saturday game.
I don't mind Sammy starting Sat.

Woll gets the first game back home after a long road trip. Usually teams play lousy and if that is the case he has a better shotckeeping them in the game.

Woll has never played more than 37 games so I am pretty sure they will hold him to about 50 this year to be ready for playoffs

Reactions: Burnie97

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Woll is playing great. He seems like the kind of goalie who likes to see a lot of action in a game. Some goalies are like that, and do just fine getting lots of shots against. That's a good fit for a Toronto goalie.

I watched the Dallas feed last night, and even their announcers were sayng they thought Woll got in their heads a bit after the 2nd period. Dallas was all over TO for those 20 minutes and had nothing to show for it. Woll deserves tons of credit.

Players I liked: Tavares, Rielly, Liljegren

Players I didn't like: Bertuzzi (yes, even the tip in didn't change my mind yet)

Reactions: HellasLEAF

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Its the nylander i want to see in playoff every game and not just in pp or when leafs are in troible. The guy whos rushing the net and forcing d making quick read/ quick play and not the nylander who trying to avoid contact.

Its the same thing with Marner, when both having succes... they are rushing the net and making thing happen. When they struggling, they staying in perpheric and stay passive like marner right now. When he will have a good streche, you will see him cut to the net and creating thing exactly like nylander right now.

They are no secret to have playoff succes, you need to go where it will pay and its the front of the net where you will need to cut and accept to be hit. Leafs will need both of marner/nylander doing it at the aame time in playoff if they want succes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad