Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Outgoalied bad. Onto to the next one.

Boston, CBJ, Habs, Tampa, Florida,

We've been "out goalied" quite a bit. We gotta find ways to score. It doesn't always have to be a Picasso painting. The buds will face hot goalie or really solid defense then what are they gonna do?

Time to think outside the box; and play inside instead of perimeter ;)

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Boston, CBJ, Habs, Tampa, Florida,

We've been "out goalied" quite a bit. We gotta find ways to score. It doesn't always have to be a Picasso painting. The buds will face hot goalie or really solid defense then what are they gonna do?

Time to think outside the box; and play inside instead of perimeter ;)
tbf they had chances right infront of the net

domi backhand, bertuzzi tip, bertuzzi backdoor feed

team needs to get the powerplay going, and needs to point samsonov towards the net. Woll just isn't it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Just a terrible game for us tonight. No structure, defensive lapse, after defensive lapse. That blind pass by Domi, giving Hughes the breakaway goal, really summed up our play tonight. Yes, Woll could have been better, but also the team in front of him, did him absolutely no favours at all. It's just sloppy pond hockey BS, that shouldn't be how a team preparing for the playoffs should be.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think, at the point we are at, seedings mean anything to us. We have to start winning series against anyone in the playoffs.

I don't care if we finish 1st or 8th. It's all about the playoffs.

Standings have nothing to do with with ramping up for the playoffs. A competitive team shouldn't go into a playoff season just half assing it like they don't even like the sport.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
tbf they had chances right infront of the net

domi backhand, bertuzzi tip, bertuzzi backdoor feed

team needs to get the powerplay going, and needs to point samsonov towards the net. Woll just isn't it.

just one line though. From my viewing the looks weren't that clean in the front. They were defended more often.

Btw I did miss the first period and half of 2nd period so if those happened then my comment may not be relevant for that period. But the latter half of the game I didn't see much happening in front of the net

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Impotent offense, pre-season level defensive awareness, joke special teams and dogshit goaltending. All on display tonight.

This team is ready to take on the Panthers and Bruins more than ever.

The team that will be taking on the Panthers and/or Bruins will include Marner, Rielly and Samsonov (and hopefully Edmundson instead of Brodie) so I'm not too worried

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I can't wait for the defense to be blamed they got 790 goaltending tonight

You get 790 goaltending that's not a defense issue.

Reactions: arso40

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Liljegren is so bad. You rarely see a pro athlete with so little jam. He's like a nepo baby who just gets force fed a prime time roleb because he's a 1st round pick and a RHD.
Hate to tell you this but he is this team's second best defenseman. Outside of some rotten puck luck today he's been very good recently.

Reactions: arso40

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Standings have nothing to do with with ramping up for the playoffs. A competitive team shouldn't go into a playoff season just half assing it like they don't even like the sport.
Agreed. We've half arsed it for most of the last 5 seasons. I don't see how that is going to change. Maybe a different coach can make it happen?

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
If this game doesn’t wake them up and make them realize how much they need to clean up their game, we’re screwed in 4 against anyone in the playoffs.

We better see a more locked in group the rest of the way if they are learning any of these lessons they keep talking about.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Agreed. We've half arsed it for most of theblast 5 seasons. I don't see how that is going to change. Maybe a different coach can make it happen?
tbh we've had two different coaches and nothings changed, I'm pretty sure the team also collapsed going into the 2018-19 season with babcock too

at some point its the personal, and considering we have only 5 players over the course of that time.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad