Post-Game Talk: Woll/Devils 5 plus EN, Leafs 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Now 16-16-7 against the East. I predict they will be below .500 vs. East by season's end.

Can we move to the West Bracket for the playoffs?

• Wow
Reactions: PromisedLand

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Its no real secret.. You can't build a successful NHL team in a Salary Cap World by paying 4 X forwards and using up 1/2 your salary cap.

Full stop, end of story.

This team is built for "Entertainment purposes" first and foremost based on high priced talent bringing in high end revenue to be the most profitable NHL team not the the most successful.

Simply sit back and enjoy the ride !!!
this is only a talking point because the cap froze for years.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Honestly losses like this may be a blessing in disguise. Work through this adversity now and get it out of your system

We're already locked in at 3 as is

I don’t think the Leafs are improving as the season goes on. They just struggle with consistency, identity and commitment. They show no discernible progress from one week to week but just show up whenever they want or when they think the opponent is worthwhile and then throw all the standards and positivity out the window.

This group is not serious about winning. They are capable of being an elite team and often are great, have great individual stars. But they are not advancing towards anything. Evolving towards anything. They are just a directionless, up and down team and they are getting buzz sawed in the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Shirley Marner's maturity and leadership would have helped turn things around last night.
Beer league teams don't win in this league, serious teams do.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Its no real secret.. You can't build a successful NHL team in a Salary Cap World by paying 4 X forwards and using up 1/2 your salary cap.

Full stop, end of story.

This team is built for "Entertainment purposes" first and foremost based on high priced talent bringing in high end revenue to be the most profitable NHL team not the the most successful.

Simply sit back and enjoy the ride !!!

Can’t wait until One of Toronto, Colorado, Vancouver or Florida prove this stupid theory wrong. Because they are built very similar to Toronto and about to enter the same cap situation Toronto is in.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Shirley Marner's maturity and leadership would have helped turn things around last night.
And that's why this team is 1-7 in the playoffs, and the observant student will notice that Marner has been present for all those series.

Reactions: rumman

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Can’t wait until One of Toronto, Colorado, Vancouver or Florida prove this stupid theory wrong. Because they are built very similar to Toronto and about to enter the same cap situation Toronto is in.
It reminds me of the old "no team has won a Cup with a $10 million player".

Reactions: francis246

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Leafs have had a TOUGH TOUGH season. with injuries starting early in the season and continuing to today. Reilly, Edmunson, Marner, Jarnkrok, Samsononv all hurt light night. Liljegren injured 2 times this season. Leafs lost Klingberg early.

Leafs are still a 100pt team.

Lets hope they get healthy come game 1.
With all these injuries? I wouldn't expect them to win as much.

But I still expect a high level of compete. I would be "happy" losing if we put in a good compete and fell short; whereas what we have seen for the last 8 years is sleeping and showing up for 10 minutes a game (if lucky).

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't know about the future, but as of right now. Colorado, Vancouver and Florida have cap structures completely different from ours.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I don’t think the Leafs are improving as the season goes on. They just struggle with consistency, identity and commitment. They show no discernible progress from one week to week but just show up whenever they want or when they think the opponent is worthwhile and then throw all the standards and positivity out the window.

This group is not serious about winning. They are capable of being an elite team and often are great, have great individual stars. But they are not advancing towards anything. Evolving towards anything. They are just a directionless, up and down team and they are getting buzz sawed in the playoffs.
1711552419387.png

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

The Leafs ups and downs Saturday-Tuesday look the same with Marner as without.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Honestly losses like this may be a blessing in disguise. Work through this adversity now and get it out of your system

We're already locked in at 3 as is
We've been playing like this for years. How many more years do you figure it will take to get it our of their system?

We're not locked into 3rd, TB is looming large in the rear view mirror, all you have to do is look.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

I mean we've had so many injuries, which includes our Goaltenders. No top teams have faced as many injuries as w have

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We've been playing like this for years. How many more years do you figure it will take to get it our of their system?

We're not locked into 3rd, TB is looming large in the rear view mirror, all you have to do is look.
Im sure we'll beat New Jersey next week and get them back

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

Don't think it surely would have. Maybe it would have, maybe not.

Having him back is obviously a upgrade though. This team has put out pathetic efforts against non-playoff teams all season long with Marner in the lineup as well.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I mean we've had so many injuries, which includes our Goaltenders. No top teams have faced as many injuries as w have
This team has always struggled with consistency.

This team was very healthy when they lost to a bunch of bottom feeders earlier in the season.

If some players are injured, is that an excuse for the guys who are healthy to play like AHL'ers who don't know how to play defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad