Injury Report: Wolanin torn labrum, out 4 months (UPD: Skating, Returning in February)

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
they were saying on 1200 that he's targeting a Feb 14 return against the Marlies. You figure from there we are probably looking at a March 1 return here

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
maybe we should just keep him in Belleville, better for the tank no? :sarcasm:

I'm not expecting much of him. Look at Pageau last year after missing a similar amount of time. He's not going to be himself all season so it's more about giving him reps to find his game than helping the team imo. Whether that's up with the sens or down in Belleville, well, it affects his wallet, but that's about it.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm not expecting much of him. Look at Pageau last year after missing a similar amount of time. He's not going to be himself all season so it's more about giving him reps to find his game than helping the team imo. Whether that's up with the sens or down in Belleville, well, it affects his wallet, but that's about it.

I'm not sure a shoulder is the same thing as an Achilles. Pageau's injury resulted in him not having the same jump. We've seen a very different Pageau this year and way more jump from him. Actually we've seen a bit of the same thing this year with White, him having a mobility impairing injury. Wolanin should have been in the gym keeping the legs in shape the entire time. You might even think it was an opportunity to increase his lower body strength. Anyway, it's going to be interesting seeing him return and the tank implications of it. I presume he'll head to Belleville for the playoffs

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not sure a shoulder is the same thing as an Achilles. Pageau's injury resulted in him not having the same jump. We've seen a very different Pageau this year and way more jump from him. Actually we've seen a bit of the same thing this year with White, him having a mobility impairing injury. Wolanin should have been in the gym keeping the legs in shape the entire time. You might even think it was an opportunity to increase his lower body strength. Anyway, it's going to be interesting seeing him return and the tank implications of it. I presume he'll head to Belleville for the playoffs

I really don't think it's possible to be in game shape without playing in competitive games.

A lot of it is psychological.

I never run as fast as I do when I give the ball away in soccer and have to chase some guy down.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Ok, look at Nylander after he missed 30 games to a holdout. Wolanin hasn't played a game in over half a year. Is it possible he steps in without missing a beat? Sure I guess, I'm just saying I wouldn't expect it.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I hope he just stays in Belleville beyond a token couple of games if things go well.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I like Wolanin. He's not the most exciting player but he seems steady and reliable. I don't remember him making a lot of gaffes. His return bodes well for next season.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wolanin is an nhl player who is going to be 25 in march

I would have him in Belleville for a few games then call him up and let him develop further in the NHL

Reactions: Larionov

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3