Injury Report: Wolanin torn labrum, out 4 months (UPD: Skating, Returning in February)

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Nice to see. He was one of the most exciting ones to follow heading in to camp. Just in time to keep Brannstrom in Belleville where he belongs and keep Goulobef out of the lineup.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Let's hope it heals like that kid in the baseball movie who could pitch 100+mph...and his slapper is now Chara-esque
Funny story, I had a torn labrum in my left shoulder for something like 15yrs until I got surgery 3yrs ago. I went to the outdoor rink last year for the first time since before the surgery and on my 3rd slapper, I hit the goal post and broke the puck in half! Lol

I definitely thought about Rookie of the Year when that happened!

Reactions: coladin

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I rewatched that movie (Rookie of the Year) a few weeks ago, as it's on Disney+ now.

It... Has not aged well. :laugh:
bdb017da188a8095c270c855c72c10f8.jpg

Side note, I only realized a couple years ago that he was in home alone.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't think we'll see Wolanin before February.

I'm curious on contract status....would he be eligible to be sent to Belleville for playoff purposes? Anyone know?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

I'm curious on contract status....would he be eligible to be sent to Belleville for playoff purposes? Anyone know?
He is signed through next season,on a one way...And is still an RFA at the conclusion...Which is good news ,as this season is a wash...Him getting as many reps as he can is the most important thing for him

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

He's exempt for another ~30 games according to capfriendly.

I'm not sure it'll come to that since the team will need to ice an NHL roster and aren't particularly deep on defence, but in theory it's an interesting idea.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He's exempt for another ~30 games according to capfriendly.

I'm not sure it'll come to that since the team will need to ice an NHL roster and aren't particularly deep on defence, but in theory it's an interesting idea.

If he's eligible to be sent there he should be to get the games in.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If he's eligible to be sent there he should be to get the games in.

If White saw time down there on a conditioning stint I'd assume Wolanin will too. Would love to see him (among others) go down for a Belleville playoff run as well, but that seems a little far fetched.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If Wolanin proves that he is an NHL player from feb till the end of the season then I wouldn't send him down. I think there is merit to letting a guy 'graduate' esp at his age if he proves to be worthy

Show him that he isn't a minor league player anymore if he proves it

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
If Wolanin proves that he is an NHL player from feb till the end of the season then I wouldn't send him down. I think there is merit to letting a guy 'graduate' esp at his age if he proves to be worthy

Show him that he isn't a minor league player anymore if he proves it
Depending on how he's feeling though, it might be good for him to just get those extra games in this year because of much time he lost.

I wouldn't do that necessarily with someone who played an entire season in the NHL, but he needs game time.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Depending on how he's feeling though, it might be good for him to just get those extra games in this year because of much time he lost.

I wouldn't do that necessarily with someone who played an entire season in the NHL, but he needs game time.

Ya that's the way i see it. According to cap friendly he is waivers exempt so I'd like to see him get a playoff run in in Belleville

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well if you are going to miss almost an entire season this is the season to miss when the team is playing for a lottery pick. I think Ottawa could have a pretty good 2nd pairing of Wolanin & JBD at some future point & I like Boro/Lajoie & Jaros (for now) on the 3rd pairing. I still think they should trade Brannstrom while his value is still quite high to improve another area of weakness. This is the defence I see in the near future for Ottawa.

Chabot (6'2", 190 lbs) - ??? (Thomson 6', 190 lbs) (Brannstrom 5'9", 181 lbs)
Wolanin (6'2", 185 lbs) - JBD (6', 181 lbs)
Lajoie (6'1", 196 lbs) - Jaros (6'3", 220 lbs)/Boro (6'2", 204 lbs)

Christian Wolanin
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Lassi Thomson
Erik Brännström
Max Lajoie
Christian Jaros
Maxence Guénette

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If White saw time down there on a conditioning stint I'd assume Wolanin will too. Would love to see him (among others) go down for a Belleville playoff run as well, but that seems a little far fetched.

Bellville ain’t too far to fetch him, if he is needed. :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Well if you are going to miss almost an entire season this is the season to miss when the team is playing for a lottery pick. I think Ottawa could have a pretty good 2nd pairing of Wolanin & JBD at some future point & I like Boro/Lajoie & Jaros (for now) on the 3rd pairing. I still think they should trade Brannstrom while his value is still quite high to improve another area of weakness. This is the defence I see in the near future for Ottawa.

Chabot (6'2", 190 lbs) - ??? (Thomson 6', 190 lbs) (Brannstrom 5'9", 181 lbs)
Wolanin (6'2", 185 lbs) - JBD (6', 181 lbs)
Lajoie (6'1", 196 lbs) - Jaros (6'3", 220 lbs)/Boro (6'2", 204 lbs)

Christian Wolanin
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Lassi Thomson
Erik Brännström
Max Lajoie
Christian Jaros
Maxence Guénette

I wish Jaros would develop a more physical game and be harder to play against because he has the size to punish opponents. We need more tough physical players to play playoff hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00