Post-Game Talk: WJC U20 Championship Game

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I really didn't think this team had the weapons to keep up offensively.

Really didn't think they'd beat Canada after losing to them earlier and Russia.

I love being surprised, though. And yes, McCabe really came through. I felt Miller (not because I'm a Rangers fan) deserved the C, but McCabe really came through.

Swedes are going to be really tough. If this game was an indication of the team's "metal" (John Carter reference), then that game is going to be exciting.

He's been the epitome of a captain this entire tournament.

Man, I said I've felt the US has been good all tournament, but they took it up a notch this morning.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Just finished watching. Great game. USA is red hot. Couldn't ask for better circumstances heading into the gold medal game.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
THEY WON!!!

Wow what an effort. Miller's best game of the tourney. Skated and moved the puck real well - transition game and in the zone.

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
I'm 2 periods in and this game could easily be 6-0 without Barrington making some great saves in relief.

Canada looks soft in front of their goalie (suprisingly so) and USA is dumping everybody on their ass.

That Ryan Strome mini breakaway has been the only breakdown in 2 periods.

JT Miller setting guys up has been great, just wish he'd hit the net more when he shoots.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I'll regret saying this but it's all about Rangers Hockey.
USA or Canada, bananas or oranges.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This game felt like my own 1980.

Obviously not as huge an upset or as huge in terms of political tension, but the statement of "**** you, we're the United States of America" was just as resounding.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Congratulations to the Team USA juniors.
They played an amazing game. Once they opened the taps on goal scoring a few games back, their speed, discipline and aggressive (confident) play payed great dividends. Gibson has been in a class of his own in this tournament.

My team lost, but they didn't deserve to win. Good luck to Team USA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad