Post-Game Talk: WJC U20 Championship Game

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i guess team usa didnt do such a bad job putting together a team afterall lol...

and i know we were disappointed that miller didn't get the C but big hats off to jake mccabe stepping up big time with the 1st 2 goals today.

how the f did we not draft Gaudreau after watching him play with kreider at bc?

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
i guess team usa didnt do such a bad job putting together a team afterall lol...

and i know we were disappointed that miller didn't get the C but big hats off to jake mccabe stepping up big time with the 1st 2 goals today.

Gaudreau was drafted before he got to BC.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Sweden - USA for the gold. Should be a good one. USAs very solid D vs Swedens small speedy skilled fwds. Goaltender duel imo, slight edge to US in my opinion.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Just caught up on the DVR, what a great game. Despite what EJ and the play-by-play guy were saying on NHL Network towards the end of the game, I really DO think Gibson stole one there. He made four or five saves that he had no business making that really could have turned the game the other way for Canada.

I can't believe Gaudreau does what he does at only 150lbs. Kid is fearless.

Jake McCabe has all the tools to be a VERY good two-way defenseman in the NHL.

Thought that was Miller's best game today.

All in all, I can't believe that Canadian team isn't playing for gold or silver. Huge disappointment for Canada, IMHO.

SupersonicMonkey*

The team stepped up big.

They were not good against Russia or Canada earlier in the tournament. They got lucky to have another shot at Canada, and they stepped up big time.

Hopefully the same team that showed up today shows up again in final.

SupersonicMonkey*

Margin for the tournament thus far is 31-8. Pretty impressive. 5.17 GF/G and 1.33 against.

That's deceiving though.

Look at the scores against the weak teams.

2-1 losses against Canada and Russia.

What a big game for them today. Sweden won't be a cake walk. Hopefully they show up big again.

SupersonicMonkey*

Did NOT expect them to score like this.

Love watching Hockey Canada be embarrassed by USA Hockey.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That's deceiving though.

Look at the scores against the weak teams.

2-1 losses against Canada and Russia.

What a big game for them today. Sweden won't be a cake walk. Hopefully they show up big again.

It's somewhat deceiving, but not entirely. We blew out the Slovaks who hung around with Russia and Canada, and wiped the floor with a solid Czech squad. The Swedes are the only team that's yet to play a bad game.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Easily Miller's best game.

No bad decisions either. He was just brilliant all around. Fantastic passes, amazing defensive hockey and he was an ace in the faceoff dot. I was very very impressed.

Really not a smart decision for the US to sit Galchenyuk though. Not sure what Housley was thinking with that decision, but luckily it didn't matter.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
From November 24th

Anyone wanna hire me?

Jacob Trouba: 9th overall pick by the Jets.... Wow! By far the best player on the ice. A few times I thought I was looking at McDonagh in disguise. This guy was the last man back on defense, and the guy skating past defenders attacking the net. He's gonna be a stud.

SupersonicMonkey*

It's somewhat deceiving, but not entirely. We blew out the Slovaks who hung around with Russia and Canada, and wiped the floor with a solid Czech squad. The Swedes are the only team that's yet to play a bad game.

I really didn't think this team had the weapons to keep up offensively.

Really didn't think they'd beat Canada after losing to them earlier and Russia.

I love being surprised, though. And yes, McCabe really came through. I felt Miller (not because I'm a Rangers fan) deserved the C, but McCabe really came through.

Swedes are going to be really tough. If this game was an indication of the team's "metal" (John Carter reference), then that game is going to be exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad