WJC SF: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

I just remembered that iihf might award the wjc 2009-10 to Montreal because it will be the Habs 100th aniversary. Better get ready americans, cuz the booing you heard in gm place aint gonna be nothing compared to what you'll hear at the bell center. Ouch, I can already see the havoc that it will cause on this board.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
KingofCrunk said:
I don't think that the fans taunts were necessarily the opinion of those in BC, but rather those of a few drunken idiots in the arena. IMO, it was just a bunch of people that had way too much to drink and had no place being in the building. Besides, I can't cheer for Russia.

I can't either. I love Canada. That is why I said cheer half heartedly for Russia.

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
nyr5186 said:
I've sat here and read over the last 6 pages in this thread, and I have concluded only two things:

1. U.S. lost.
2. Americans are unhappy with the anti-U.S. treatment of some Vancouver fans over the tournament.

Not one mention of the score. Not one review of the game. Not one scouting report of prospects.

Thanks alot.
omg thank you! that's exactly what i'm thinking

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
NYR2 said:
Great, we get to deal with more classless, arrogant morons. Excellent. :rolleyes: :shakehead

As a classless, arrogant, moronic Vancouverite, I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is heckling the Special Olympians. :yo: It'll be more fun than throwing kittens off of Lions' Gate Bridge.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Frank the Tank said:
I agree. On a side note, I have a Russian friend who likes to joke that the Russians are countering 'Miracle' with a movie of their own called 'As Usual' featuring them winning every other game against the USA.

HAHA! Best one tonight! I almost woke up the family with my laugh.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Frank the Tank said:
I agree. On a side note, I have a Russian friend who likes to joke that the Russians are countering 'Miracle' with a movie of their own called 'As Usual' featuring them winning every other game against the USA.
LMFAO.

joe_shannon_1983*

nyr5186 said:
I've sat here and read over the last 6 pages in this thread, and I have concluded only two things:

1. U.S. lost.
2. Americans are unhappy with the anti-U.S. treatment of some Vancouver fans over the tournament.

Not one mention of the score. Not one review of the game. Not one scouting report of prospects.

Thanks alot.

Hey Bob Saget (just a tease on your avatar)!

The game was a 5-1 score for Russia.

It was pretty evenly matched, although the Americans looked tired throughout the game. The game only started to get ugly on the scoreboard in the 3rd period, once the Americans basically quit with 7 minutes left to play.

Full-scale goonery from both sides took up the last 5-10 minutes of play in the 3rd period, with several cheap shots and dirty hits coming from both sides.

Erik Johnson looked really strong, as did some of the Russian skilled forwards (Radulov in particular).

Kessel was disappointing, as he has been for the better part of the tournament.

All in all, it was a decent game, up until the last 5-10 minutes of the 3rd period, when the game started to get out of hand. It certainly wasn't your typical 5-1 game.

Randall Graves*

Americans were very overhyped! They didn't play as a team, and only half the players got to show how good they are! Kessell was practically out every other shift.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
reidy said:
CAN-RUS is a rivalry? News to me.

Red Sox - Yankees, now THAT's a rivalry.
Right, because having to turn the lights off and call the gold medal game a wash because of a massive fight is nothing.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Devonator said:
Yeah I find it REALLY funny Canadians daring to complain about American arrogance???? Talk about pot....kettle......etc etc.........I live here in Canada (well Alberta) and I cannot stand the smugness on Canucks who incredibly think they are better then the Americans in every area....believe you me, it is disgusting too be sure!!

AS for the Tourney, it should be a great final as you can never go wrong with Canada and Russia...........Russia wins 4-2..........

Go Mother Russia.........except for Steve Downie........I am a Flyer Fan first and foremost so if he scores a bundle, I will be cheering for Canada!!! :yo:

Alberta is USA .. stop crying. They only copy the same "we're the best pattern".

Anyways, everybody hates the US... welcome into the real world! The used to hate us (soviets) because of US propaganda.... now they hate you (US) without any propaganda... You did it yoursleves!!! Bravo! :)

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Chaos said:
And yet the most difficult thing to do in sports is to hit a baseball with a bat.
so what..still doesn't make them athletes or make it a real sport. Some of the most difficult things to do on this planet are not sports. Shooting an arrow in the bullseye from 300 feet away is also very very difficult...still doesn't qualify it as sport in my book. Hockey, soccer, basketball, rugby..these sports require real athletes!

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
djtino224 said:
Talking about the game would be no fun, though. lol

Not saying it has to be fun, you can pick apart parts of the game, stuff you liked, stuff you didn't, stuff you thought each team could work on. But people here can't do that. No, let's just rip apart the big bad Americans. BS.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
loudi94 said:
Aussies boo the US too? (The next sentence is a joke) What's the running total of countries that boo the US? ;)

Yet when **** goes down everyone runs to us for help. With your growing middle eastern immigrates and your poor immigration laws, it's just a matter of time before there are major terror cels in Canada. And they'll hate your freedom just as much as that of the US,Britain,etc.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
nyr5186 said:

1. U.S. lost.

Thanks alot.

Quoted because it's true - and shameful.

amazing_oilers

Dec 3, 2003
shekki said:
I'm sick of what's "best for hockey".. I could care less if the US ever likes the game. They have proven en-masse they don't care and the NHL has been trying to cater to them for years without success. Time to end the experiment and focus on places that actually enjoy the sport.

1972.. 1987. It's just a classic rivalry. Remember Bure giving the Canadian team the finger? or Kovalchuck taunting? Beating Russia is sweet, losing to them sucks. It's a true rivalry.

Are you surprised. The kid can do it in junior, but I wonder about the real thing at a world class level.. i.e. the NHL.

If you actually care what Don Cherry thinks, then I have wasted my time responding to you.

You're correct, I do remember the taunting, and that's why I didn't cheer for them and can't believe the love Vancouver gave them today. What a disgrace. You can hope the Russians win if you prefer them to be in the final, but don't show them that kind of respect, they don't deserve it.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
nyr5186 said:

1. U.S. lost.

Thanks alot.

Good point...
So, here are a few observations. Jack Johsnon is the real thing on defense. If I had a high draft choice, i think I might choose Erik Johnson over Kessel in the draft. Still, Kessel is an excellent player though he needs to learn to play within a team's scheme.

Malkin is tremendously skilled and physically gifted. He needs to exercise more self control if he moves to the NHL.

I'm surprised Khdobin is not starring in the WHL. He certainly looked like the better goalie tonight.

Schneider as wonderful reflexes but needs to work on rebound control on low shots.

Does that help?

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Ovechkin8 said:
Dude, it's not so much the fact that the USA wasn't cheered for as the fav. Moreso, it was the hostile treatment given to them in all their games by the fans. If the Russians beat the crap out of us I would not feel bad if USA rubbed it in.
We dont have the offence to win so that wouldnt surprize me, USA were billed going in as heavy favorites with the Russians second and us third. If we win i will be more surprized.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Slick Nick, your last post made very little sense there pal.......you want too tranpose that into another key????

I'll be pulling for Mother Russia Vs. Steve Downie.........my 2 fav teams played each other tonight and Russia won.......kudos too them and not really a big surprise...

Now when Alberta gets it's own team, then I will be cheering for them.... :yo:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bryanbryoil said:
Yet when **** goes down everyone runs to us for help. With your growing middle eastern immigrates and your poor immigration laws, it's just a matter of time before there are major terror cels in Canada. And they'll hate your freedom just as much as that of the US,Britain,etc.

Wow.

You really buy all of the BS.

Hating freedom. LOL!

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Bryanbryoil said:

:biglaugh:

George W, is that you?!

Kramerica2

Aug 2, 2005
CT
Den said:
Ppl, stop taking it to the Russian players!!! From what I saw, the Americans are as much to blame as the Russians! Watch yourself first!!!

Homerism at its' best. Maybe, you missed last years tauntings, or the fact that Malken and a bunch of other Russians were just trying to take American players heads off. But, nonetheless it was enjoyable to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad