WJC SF: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Yeah I find it REALLY funny Canadians daring to complain about American arrogance???? Talk about pot....kettle......etc etc.........I live here in Canada (well Alberta) and I cannot stand the smugness on Canucks who incredibly think they are better then the Americans in every area....believe you me, it is disgusting too be sure!!

AS for the Tourney, it should be a great final as you can never go wrong with Canada and Russia...........Russia wins 4-2..........

Go Mother Russia.........except for Steve Downie........I am a Flyer Fan first and foremost so if he scores a bundle, I will be cheering for Canada!!! :yo:

reidy

@reidjjackson
Beach Boy said:
hahaha are you serious...you think because they get paid more that it makes it a legit sport..you're sad! Baseball is not a sport and you know it..it's nothing more than a recreational activity.

Hm... then it's the most popular recreational activity in the world, seeing as it is considered the #2 sport behind soccer.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Checker said:
Canada has plenty of players that have Canadian fans riding their nuts. This is a natural national pride issue. Using it as an excuse to dislike the US is weak and shortsided.

Honestly I cant remember a team in hockey more hyped then the Americans this year including Canada's dream team last year.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
In the Bronze medal game I'll be cheering for the Finns. It's because I've always liked the way the Finns play and because, as a Leafs fan, I want Tuuku Rask to do well. It doesn't mean that I hate the US. But mainly, as with most games not involving "my" teams, I'll be hoping for exciting, good quality hockey.

And any cheering for the Russians stopped at the 20:00 minute mark of the third period. Moreover, I don't care much if other people choose to cheer for Russia. That's their privilege.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
colonel_korn said:
Anyways, in the meantime I guess we'll just have to settle the 2007 Memorial cup, NHL draft and 2010 Olympics. :( Too bad.

Great, we get to deal with more classless, arrogant morons. Excellent. :rolleyes: :shakehead

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
NyQuil said:
I'm amazed American fans are more concerned with the arena fans, who incidentally, aren't allowed on the ice, than the actual performance of their players.

I guess it's one way to avoid talking about it.
because they wanna take the attention away from the choke-job pulled by Kessel tonight

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
I don't understand why Canadian fans want to face a team who's owned them since 99... Nevertheless, I don't mind that the BC faithful wanted the Russians to win, but they were pretty classless in their treatment of the USA squad. I'm sure if this happened to us in the States we'd all be up in arms, I admire USA fans on this board for atleast keeping it civil, you guys have class. Best of luck in the Bronze guys. :handclap:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Beach Boy said:
hahaha are you serious...you think because they get paid more that it makes it a legit sport..you're sad! Baseball is not a sport and you know it..it's nothing more than a recreational activity.
And yet the most difficult thing to do in sports is to hit a baseball with a bat.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Btw, kudos to my fellow Canucks who are also opposed to this blind idiotic anti americanism displayed by the GM Place idiots.......I just may have too start cheering for the Calgary Flames against the Canucks now that I have such a low opinion of the GM Fans!! Yikes!!!! :eek:

Seriously good too see my fellow Canuck brethren with some good common sense and not defending the rubbish that was at this tourney!!

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
heshootshescores said:
"US Sucks US Sucks..." sounds like fans who just want the "underdog to win....

These people remind me of the Aussies when I was in Cronulla last month. :sarcasm:

Aussies boo the US too? (The next sentence is a joke) What's the running total of countries that boo the US? ;)

joe_shannon_1983*

Players on the ice fighting like dogs. Posters on here fighting like dogs.

THIS IS HOCKEY!!!!!

Checker*

I'm rooting for Canada in the finals as well.
Their team is classy on the whole, with the exemption of one player who got what he deserves. The Russians on the other hand are bush league.

If Americans root for Russia because of the attitudes and actions of a few select Pejorative Slurs from Vancouver, we're just as bad as they are.

Nfumass

Oct 2, 2004
Ma
Beach Boy said:

I love hockey and could care less about baseball(unless its red sox vs Yanks) but not a sport? you trying hitting a ball coming at you at 100mph..

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
syc said:
I'm embarrassed as a Canadian but what else do you expect from a city like that. I guess when Russia beats us in the final they'll burn buildings and riot again or is that only when you blow it in the stanley cup finals?

If the tourney was in America and it was Canada/Russia I'm sure they would all be cheering Canada.

What is wrong with this country when more people are cheering for Russia over the USA.

I sure hope it's just a French/BC thing.

Maybe a softwood lumber vendetta. :o

Randall Graves*

Devonator said:
This is exactly what I have been saying.......outside of Vancouver and Quebec, most Canadian fans are classy and good sports............Have the tourney here in Alberta and the U.S. will be the 2nd fav team in every game...

Your just asking for trouble to have in Vancouver where anti American loons dominate in GM Place and in the public.....that is just the facts...lotsa idiotic hippies in Vancouver..........outside of Vancouver, B.C. is really cool.....

I hope that the Olympics are attended by a better class of fans then the Pejorative Slurs at GM Place over this tourney........shame on them.....
I don't really care about the vancouverites now, it's the fans coming here and going 'ha ha you lost ha ha' are the ones that are lame. US deserved to lose, they deserve to face Finland.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
RallyKiller said:
Little brother? Americans are better in every other mainstream sport.

baseball. check
football. check
basketball. check
soccer. check

great, you're better at hockey and bobsledding!

Check the stats, I'm not sure we're better at bobsledding.

nyr5186

May 12, 2002
New Orleans
Visit site
I've sat here and read over the last 6 pages in this thread, and I have concluded only two things:

1. U.S. lost.
2. Americans are unhappy with the anti-U.S. treatment of some Vancouver fans over the tournament.

Not one mention of the score. Not one review of the game. Not one scouting report of prospects.

Thanks alot.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Who got player of the game? TSN ran commercials forever and didn't show the flag raising ceremony and didn't show the awards

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
Nfumass said:
I love hockey and could care less about baseball(unless its red sox vs Yanks) but not a sport? you trying hitting a ball coming at you at 100mph..

Woo! But really, is this seriously an argument going on in here? Not a sport? Have we run out of things to talk about? :biglaugh:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
ferns8916 said:
Why are American people talking about the "Miracle on Ice", and using it as a dig towards Canadians?

It isn't a dig, because Canada doesn't need to rely on miracles to win hockey tournaments. Canada wins hockey tournaments because they are supposed, not because of some fluke.

So bringing up the "Miracle on Ice" isn't insulting at all to Canadians. The only ones Americans insult are themsevles.

I agree. On a side note, I have a Russian friend who likes to joke that the Russians are countering 'Miracle' with a movie of their own called 'As Usual' featuring them winning every other game against the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad