WJC SF: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtino224

May 12, 2005
Long Island
NYR2 said:
Not saying it has to be fun, you can pick apart parts of the game, stuff you liked, stuff you didn't, stuff you thought each team could work on. But people here can't do that. No, let's just rip apart the big bad Americans. BS.

I'd rather talk about the game, too.

Dislike: Where the hell was the offense?

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Beach Boy said:
so what..still doesn't make them athletes or make it a real sport. Some of the most difficult things to do on this planet are not sports. Shooting an arrow in the bullseye from 300 feet away is also very very difficult...still doesn't qualify it as sport in my book. Hockey, soccer, basketball, rugby..these sports require real athletes!

You go out there and try and even make contact on even a 90 MPH fastball right down the middle. Thats hard enough. Now throw in a pitch that drops a foot right as it reaches you, or flies away from you right as it reaches you, and tell me its not a sport.

joe_shannon_1983*

reidy said:
Fern, you've made remarks about the "stacked" reputation this team had.

Seeing as how two Americans have the top 2 picks basically locked up, shouldn't they have that rep?

Of course. Of coruse they should have had that label entering the tournament.

And honestly? Even though they looked like crap, they still are stacked, in terms of talent.

But their chemistry, cohesion, and teamwork was completely brutal.

They reminded me of the 1997-2004 Rangers, or 2004 Avalanche, out there.

Puck33

Aug 7, 2005
Lakewood
Checker said:
I'm rooting for Canada in the finals as well.
Their team is classy on the whole, with the exemption of one player who got what he deserves. The Russians on the other hand are bush league.

If Americans root for Russia because of the attitudes and actions of a few select Pejorative Slurs from Vancouver, we're just as bad as they are.

I have to go with the russians i can't imagine the canadians heads getting any bigger than they already are and might i suggest they quit serving booze after the 1st period the canadians clearly can't hold there booze worth a squat. :biglaugh:

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Bryanbryoil said:
Yet when **** goes down everyone runs to us for help. With your growing middle eastern immigrates and your poor immigration laws, it's just a matter of time before there are major terror cels in Canada. And they'll hate your freedom just as much as that of the US,Britain,etc.

Hahahaha............

Can't wait till I see a Spanish mayor in place in Canada....

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
NYR2 said:
Not saying it has to be fun, you can pick apart parts of the game, stuff you liked, stuff you didn't, stuff you thought each team could work on. But people here can't do that. No, let's just rip apart the big bad Americans. BS.

That doesn't sound like much fun either. Maybe we should cry about what some fans in the arena were doing instead. :clap:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
nyr5186 said:
I've sat here and read over the last 6 pages in this thread, and I have concluded only two things:

1. U.S. lost.
2. Americans are unhappy with the anti-U.S. treatment of some Vancouver fans over the tournament.

Not one mention of the score. Not one review of the game. Not one scouting report of prospects.

Thanks alot.
:clap:

And why this thread is closed.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Lou is God said:
:clap:

And why this thread is closed.
thanks for closing the thread Lou ... do you like sleep over there? :amazed: LOL!

anyways, to the board mods here, i haven't checked the last 5 pages of this thread as it is late and i'm going to bed...be my guest if you want to check it out and hand out warnings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad