GDT: WJC (Rutger, Salomonsson, Wagner in action today)

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Surprised McGroarty decided to be such a shit disturber at the end. Didn't think he would get into that.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Fun fact(s): Previous US Junior Team Captains to play for Winnipeg Jets

1991-92: Keith Tkachuk
2003-04: Mark Stuart
2007-08: Brian Strait

(not sure I like how that's trending... :laugh: )

Edit: Copp and Trouba were Alternates in 2013-14 and 2012-13 respectively.
Had totally blocked out Brian strait

• Haha
Reactions: Luc Labelle

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Americans were taunting the crowd after Johansson went after the smallest guy on the ice with the score out of reach. I loved it personally, was fun to watch.

Also who cares, these are 19 year olds after playing 60 minutes of the most competitive hockey of their lives and getting booed incessantly. I love McGroarty's charisma and competitive edge. Reminds me of a young Patrick Kane.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Americans were taunting the crowd after Johansson went after the smallest guy on the ice with the score out of reach. I loved it personally, was fun to watch.

Also who cares, these are 19 year olds after playing 60 minutes of the most competitive hockey of their lives and getting booed incessantly. I love McGroarty's charisma and competitive edge.

They were taunting the crowd long before that. It started with the 5-2 goal.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

ello

Jun 12, 2018
They were taunting the crowd long before that. It started with the 5-2 goal.
Fair but I'm sure the Swedish fans were being super polite and wishing all the players a Happy New Year. European fans are wild, who knows what the players were hearing all game.

I want players with that edge and pride, personally. Don't we want more personality in the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad