GDT: WJC (Rutger, Salomonsson, Wagner in action today)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not surprised to see them get eliminated. I have been pretty underwhelmed with team Canada this tournament. Some players really disappointed like the NHL guys and Savoie.
Canada loses good junior eligible players every year to the NHL but this year they seemed to be hit harder. Never mind no Bedard and Wright, but no Benson, Fantilli, Korchinski and Luneau was too much to overcome.

Insane that Bedard is still eligible NEXT YEAR as well :laugh:

Sucks to suck, I guess. Maybe if they brought more skill and less two way grinders, they would have scored more goals. Sweden exposed them a lot.
Yup, just like last year, this was a pretty shittily selected roster. But no Bedard this time to drag them to the end.

And the coaching/lineups was sus too. Jagger Firkus was probably better than half the forwards they iced this tournament and he never dressed.

Reactions: kellhunter

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Anyone else tuning in? Will keep an eye on our guys and hoping for a fun game.

Kicking myself for not thing of the tournament earlier and going in person, since it looks like it's back in NA for a while.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Anyone else tuning in? Will keep an eye on our guys and hoping for a fun game.

Kicking myself for not thing of the tournament earlier and going in person, since it looks like it's back in NA for a while.
McGroarty was outstanding in the 1st.

Salomonsson has been solid, but his high stick created the delayed penalty situation that led to USA's first goal.

They are both really strong prospects, with solid NHL traits.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
McGroarty was outstanding in the 1st.

Salomonsson has been solid, but his high stick created the delayed penalty situation that led to USA's first goal.

They are both really strong prospects, with solid NHL traits.
Chevy has made a point of drafting and trading for players recently that are hard to play against 5-5. Stats don’t always tell the story, these two fit the mold going forward.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I can see why the Jets won't move Rutger, kid is going to be a real leader here

I can already hear Minny fans losing their shit when he runs someone over

Salomonsson is just a very solid defender. Very much in the Demelo vein already at his age. He needs a good solid year in the AHL like Morrissey before he sees the NHL IMO.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Rutger has been a beast this game. So much to like in his game.

Salomonsson has also been solid. Unfortunately, his D partner Sandin Pellika has been pretty shaky with tunnel vision.
Nice to see our prospects increase their value for the Lindholm trade ;)

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Rutger has been a beast this game. So much to like in his game.

Salomonsson has also been solid. Unfortunately, his D partner Sandin Pellika has been pretty shaky with tunnel vision.

Sandin Pellika has been good. He has some Pionk type chaos moment but has one hell of a shot and a great ability to get pucks through opposing d-men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad