GDT: WJC (Rutger, Salomonsson, Wagner in action today)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agree that is a sad way to carry on. Its a game for fecks sake.

Funny story.

This week two fairly shitty teams from U18 A1 league are playing a game and the worst team in the league ties it up late and the player who scores the goal skates by the opposing fans, grabs his groin area, and makes offensive jester at opposing parents. Ref sees this and kids the kid out of the game. Kid turns towards the ref, puts his stick between his legs, points towards the ref and starts jerking off in his direction with the stick.

5 game suspension.

:laugh:

GrassyKnoll

Feb 3, 2015
My one small, nagging thought/concern is that Rutger & Salomonssen will potentially be teammates someday & I wonder what kind of team chemistry problems this might create down the line, given the bad blood of the current USA/Sweden rivalry. Things got kind of ugly in that gold medal game. And some people never forget. And I'll defend Rutger's (and Team USA's) actions during the game only in the context of that they're 19 & still kids. He has the potential to grow up, hopefully. But to take a positive spin on this, Rutger's got some grit in his game. We definitely need more of that.

Had a good laugh at the kid getting a 5 game suspension at the U-18's. Now, THAT kid's got some growing up to do!👶🏻🙄🤣

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
McGroarty had 9 points, so that's far from bad, but I hope you guys don't get discouraged that he wasn't one of the best players at this tournament.

He looked very rusty, and not like himself. He didn't play any pre-tournament games. Stepped right back into the lineup for the first game. He also beat the timeline to return by I think two weeks.

He was dominating college hockey before he got injured. He could've easily been the player of the tournament or the leading scorer without the injury, but better than nothing that he got to play, made some contributions, and captained his team to Gold.

Don't mistake that for the best he can play though. Circumstances weren't right for him to show what he can do.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
McGroarty had 9 points, so that's far from bad, but I hope you guys don't get discouraged that he wasn't one of the best players at this tournament.

He looked very rusty, and not like himself. He didn't play any pre-tournament games. Stepped right back into the lineup for the first game. He also beat the timeline to return by I think two weeks.

He was dominating college hockey before he got injured. He could've easily been the player of the tournament or the leading scorer without the injury, but better than nothing that he got to play, made some contributions, and captained his team to Gold.

Don't mistake that for the best he can play though. Circumstances weren't right for him to show what he can do.

He had a punctured lung
Of course, he wasn’t his best

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Funny story.

This week two fairly shitty teams from U18 A1 league are playing a game and the worst team in the league ties it up late and the player who scores the goal skates by the opposing fans, grabs his groin area, and makes offensive jester at opposing parents. Ref sees this and kids the kid out of the game. Kid turns towards the ref, puts his stick between his legs, points towards the ref and starts jerking off in his direction with the stick.

5 game suspension.

:laugh:

Makes me wonder if the kid has parents at all.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Yes, I think McGroarty only showed flashes of how good he can be. He has a very high skill level, and plays flat out. He'll be a beauty in the NHL.

hot donut

Oct 7, 2020
My one small, nagging thought/concern is that Rutger & Salomonssen will potentially be teammates someday & I wonder what kind of team chemistry problems this might create down the line, given the bad blood of the current USA/Sweden rivalry. Things got kind of ugly in that gold medal game. And some people never forget. And I'll defend Rutger's (and Team USA's) actions during the game only in the context of that they're 19 & still kids. He has the potential to grow up, hopefully. But to take a positive spin on this, Rutger's got some grit in his game. We definitely need more of that.

Had a good laugh at the kid getting a 5 game suspension at the U-18's. Now, THAT kid's got some growing up to do!👶🏻🙄🤣
Salomonsson can dish it out himself. During the FIN-SWE shootout he apparently stood and yelled and made gestures at every Finn that missed his shot. At the pro level you can't let these things get in the way.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Anyone watch the gold medal and have comments on Salomonsson?

He was solid. Not spectacular. Partly because Sweden played a fairly defensive style and partly because he was saddled with a real riverboat gambler in ASP as a D partner. I think his game will suit the NHL very well and he looks like a more polished version of say Samberg. I think he probably comes in to the league at around 22 or so plays Demeloish on the back end. Top 4 guy who can really insulate a more aggressive offensive partner. He is quite physical as well

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I wasn't watching the final very closely, but thought that McGroarty was back at C between Gauthier and Snuggerud. Was the RW game with Wil Smith at centre a one-off?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I wasn't watching the final very closely, but thought that McGroarty was back at C between Gauthier and Snuggerud. Was the RW game with Wil Smith at centre a one-off?

He was on the wing I believe with Oliver Moore as his C in a game or two. Didn't play with Smith: Perreault-Smith-Leonard were pretty much attached at the hip most of this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad