WJC-Russia-2016

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Provorov is very good and I doubt he'll make the jump to the NHL right away. Sergeev and Sharipzyanov would be a solid supporting cast.

Provorov's status will depend on who drafts him. A team with defensive holes might have him in the lineup early. A team with a solid development system(which would be best for him) would let him mature in juniors of course. And yes, Sharipzyaonov should be up to the task next year.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
He's been ranked 10th among NA skaters. That's high for a D-man, very high.

I dont follow hockey as rigorously due to work load, but is anyone besides ekblad recently came on board this early in the nhl?
Zadorov, way more talented imho, has come on very slowly, had he not requested pt or else plus injuries on D, who knows where he would be now.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I dont follow hockey as rigorously due to work load, but is anyone besides ekblad recently came on board this early in the nhl?
Zadorov, way more talented imho, has come on very slowly, had he not requested pt or else plus injuries on D, who knows where he would be now.

1.Zadorov wasn't even the top D pick by Buffalo in his draft year.

2.The "way more talented" part isn't really meaningful now. Provorov is only 17 and there is a reason scounts rank him this high. As compared to the 19y.o. Zadorov now he may not look comparably weak, but there are 2 years of development ahead of him.

3.Buffalo is loaded with D prospects and obviously tanking, they are in no rush to throw them all in as they aren't planning to win anything substantial just now. They were bringing them all in for short stints though.

As regarding your question there is a good number of top D prospects getting spots right away: Seth Jones, Ryan Murray(cut short by injury, but he'd be playing), Morgan Rielly, Dougie Hamilton.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I have made a list of key names for WJC-2016. Let me know if I am missing anyone obvious.

___Center
Alexander Dergachev (96)
Radel Fazleev (96) (W)
Vladislav Kamenev (96)
Pavel Kraskovsky (96)
Maxim Letunov (96) (U)
Ivan Nikolishin (96) (W)
Pavel Karnaukhov (97) (W)
Dmitri Zhukenov (97)

___Wing
Semyon Afonasevsky (96)
Artur Boltanov (96)
Radel Fazleev (96) (W)
Egor Korshkov (96)
Andrei Kuzmenko (96)
Artur Lauta (96)
Maxim Lazarev (96)
Kirill Pilipenko (96)
Valentin Razumnyak (96)
Evgeni Svechnikov (96) (Q)
Andrei Svetlakov (96)
Danil Vovchenko (96)
Ilya Zinoviev (96)
Denis Guryanov (97)
Kirill Kaprizov (97)
Nikita Korostelev (97) (O)
Evgeni Mityakin (97)
Nikita Pavlychev (97) (U)
Yakov Trenin (97) (Q)
Artur Tyanullin (97) (O)
Vitaly Abramov (98)
Dmitri Sokolov (98)

___Defense
Ilya Devruk (96)
Roman Khalikov (96)
Nikita Lyamkin (96) (Q)
Alexander Mikulovich (96) (O)
Eduard Nasybullin (96) (Q)
Evgeni Nazarakin (96)
Egor Orlov (96)
Dmitri Osipov (96)
Dmitri Sergeev (96) (O)
Damir Sharipzyanov (96) (O)
Kirill Shchukin (96)
Alexei Sleptsov (96) (W)
Danil Dolgushkin (97) (Q)
Ivan Provorov (97) (W)
Egor Rykov (97)
Mikhail Sidorov (97)
Artem Volkov (97)
Sergei Zborovsky (97) (W)
Mikhail Sergachev (98)
Alexander Yakovenko (98)

___Goaltenders
Alexander Georgiev (96) (F)
Sergei Korobov (96)
Maxim Sidorov (96)
Maxim Tretiak (96)
Alexander Trushkov (96)
Anton Krasotkin (97)
Ilya Samsonov (97)

I think that the 2017 WJC group will look a bit better, particularly on defense. Rykov, Yakovenko and Volkov will be a bit older and better. Some really big guys could be there too, like Vladimirov and Nesterov. Meanwhile, Sokolov and Abramov have elite gamebreaking skills that Russians lack among the '96-'97 groups.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I have made a list of key names for WJC-2016. Let me know if I am missing anyone obvious.

___Center
Alexander Dergachev (96)
Radel Fazleev (96) (W)
Vladislav Kamenev (96)
Pavel Kraskovsky (96)
Maxim Letunov (96) (U)
Ivan Nikolishin (96) (W)
Pavel Karnaukhov (97) (W)
Dmitri Zhukenov (97)

___Wing
Semyon Afonasevsky (96)
Egor Korshkov (96)
Andrei Kuzmenko (96)
Artur Lauta (96)
Maxim Lazarev (96)
Kirill Pilipenko (96)
Valentin Razumnyak (96)
Evgeni Svechnikov (96) (Q)
Andrei Svetlakov (96)
Danil Vovchenko (96)
Denis Guryanov (97)
Kirill Kaprizov (97)
Nikita Korostelev (97) (O)
Nikita Pavlychev (97) (U)
Yakov Trenin (97) (Q)
Artur Tyanullin (97) (O)
Vitaly Abramov (98)
Dmitri Sokolov (98)

___Defense
Ilya Devruk (96)
Roman Khalikov (96)
Nikita Lyamkin (96) (Q)
Alexander Mikulovich (96) (O)
Eduard Nasybullin (96) (Q)
Evgeni Nazarakin (96)
Egor Orlov (96)
Dmitri Osipov (96)
Dmitri Sergeev (96) (O)
Damir Sharipzyanov (96) (O)
Kirill Shchukin (96)
Alexei Sleptsov (96) (W)
Danil Dolgushkin (97) (Q)
Ivan Provorov (97) (W)
Egor Rykov (97)
Mikhail Sidorov (97)
Artem Volkov (97)
Sergei Zborovsky (97) (W)
Alexander Yakovenko (98)

___Goaltenders
Alexander Georgiev (96) (F)
Sergei Korobov (96)
Maxim Sidorov (96)
Maxim Tretiak (96)
Alexander Trushkov (96)
Anton Krasotkin (97)
Ilya Samsonov (97)

I think that the 2017 WJC group will look a bit better, particularly on defense. Rykov, Yakovenko and Volkov will be a bit older and better. Some really big guys could be there too, like Vladimirov and Nesterov. Meanwhile, Sokolov and Abramov have elite gamebreaking skills that Russians lack among the '96-'97 groups.

I'd put Mityakin instead of Razumnyak :)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
he was certainly on the roster publicly announced. Whether they removed him, due to reaction of fans in the media and social networks, or just took him for a practice squad.....Just the fact, that his name is mentioned is a disgrace.

Just because his name is Tretiak? There are a lot of surprising names ion that roster, yet you don't mention them for some reason. Let the coaches decide. I actually want to see him play before I say anything about him.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Just because his name is Tretiak? There are a lot of surprising names ion that roster, yet you don't mention them for some reason. Let the coaches decide. I actually want to see him play before I say anything about him.

I actually saw him play many times (on tv not in person). He actually is one of the worst goalies in the MHL, he actually allowed 6 goals on 20 shots today, he actually lost to one of the worst teams in the MHL, which actually happens to employ a goalie, who lost his place in Red Army because they need to keep Tretiak, and this guy has better stats than Tretiak.
You keep talking, though.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
you are speaking nonsense. following your logic, the whole team must consist of subpar mhl players. we all want to see them play before coming to any sort of conclusion, don't we?
btw, another pretty awful game for him today. i don't know, his grandad must be pretty dense to not understand that all this fuss is detrimental to his grandson's career

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I actually saw him play many times (on tv not in person). He actually is one of the worst goalies in the MHL, he actually allowed 6 goals on 20 shots today, he actually lost to one of the worst teams in the MHL, which actually happens to employ a goalie, who lost his place in Red Army because they need to keep Tretiak, and this guy has better stats than Tretiak.
You keep talking, though.

you are speaking nonsense. following your logic, the whole team must consist of subpar mhl players. we all want to see them play before coming to any sort of conclusion, don't we?
btw, another pretty awful game for him today. i don't know, his grandad must be pretty dense to not understand that all this fuss is detrimental to his grandson's career

You keep talking, guys, but tell me more about the superstars Barantsev, Vishnevsky, Khafizullin, Grigoriev, Burdasov, Andrei Popov, Soshnikov who are on the same roster. Why aren't you tearing them apart?

It is what it is. Znarok has selected a very interesting roster to say the least. No need to stomp on Tretiak alone because of his name.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
You keep talking, guys, but tell me more about the superstars Barantsev, Vishnevsky, Khafizullin, Grigoriev, Burdasov, Andrei Popov, Soshnikov who are on the same roster. Why aren't you tearing them apart?

It is what it is. Znarok has selected a very interesting roster to say the least. No need to stomp on Tretiak alone because of his name.
yet, tretyak stands out even among them and there are some atrocious players here, i agree. but even if we are in love with the mhl, there's a bunch of goalies out there who's looked better this season so far.
i mean do you seriously believe that he'd be on the team if he'd another name? these clowns are ruining him, there's not much to ruin in the first place, but still.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
meanwhile our future shoe in starter for wjc and a NT call up has played another game 22 shots on goal, 5 allowed, 77% SP. Worthy performance and very consistent, I must add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad