WJC-Russia-2016

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
About what ?
WJC 2016 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead, anyway hope that kiprizov will be not like bucnevich on current wjc

it will pick up, summer camps are closer than you think, new coach has to be chosen or Bragin resigned, goaltending situation, who else will bolt to CHL, plenty to talk about. 4 Nations Cup is in April, etc

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The dicussion starts with coaching. If Bragin stays it's one thing, if not it will be a very different animal. The goaltending is quite cloudy for now. Other than that a solid grroup of F and D is there. Depth is there, but who knows what will happen in a year.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
it will pick up, summer camps are closer than you think, new coach has to be chosen or Bragin resigned, goaltending situation, who else will bolt to CHL, plenty to talk about. 4 Nations Cup is in April, etc

Have you heard anything about Bragin's status?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Have you heard anything about Bragin's status?

He said himself he needs time to relax after the tournement before he will consider any options. There are many voices pleading to keep him, but it's his decision to make, especially if there are KHL teams with offers at his doorstep.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I don't think KHL is a good fit for Bragin. He isn't bad on adult level, but he is nothing to write home about either. His motivational skills are great, but do they work with veterans or just antagonize them? They certainly work with juniors, and at the same time not all of them. Often-times character for Bragin takes precedence over superior skill.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Okay, let's talk about this.

Does Maxim Letunov have a chance of making this team? We know he is good enough, but he has no history with the Russian junior team.

I imagine Maxim Lazarev will be one of the offensive leaders here, along with Svechnikov and Dergachev.

How is this for a third line - Fazleyev-Kraskovsky-Korshkov?

Will Nikita Korostelev play for this team?

What about young guns like Denis Guryanov and Dmitri Sokolov? Too soon?

On defense, I would like to see Dmitri Sergeev get a shot here. He is probably Kitchener's top defenseman. I suppose that Provorov and Sharipzyanov will be the leaders.

Other interesting names on defense include Ilya Devruk, Egor Rykov, Alex Mikulovich and Eduard Nasybullin.

Goaltending is completely up for grabs. Maxim Tretiak has been bad. Samsonov, Krasotkin, Korobov are some of the other names involved.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
About the goaltending situation, in a recent interview for sport-express Bragin spoke rather highly of Max Tretyak, also mentioned Trushkov, Samsonov and Krasotkin.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
About the goaltending situation, in a recent interview for sport-express Bragin spoke rather highly of Max Tretyak, also mentioned Trushkov, Samsonov and Krasotkin.
his save percentage is .87 in the mhl. i don't know, to me it's a bit dumb to sing accolades to him. who knows, maybe he's just wheedling before a boss here.
btw, tretyak is sure a big boy weighing around 105 kg already

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Again: I am not talking out of my behind: I had seen a tone of his games - he is bad, he has no rebound control, he allows soft goals and allows in bunches.
If he is playing at the WJC we are in HUGE trouble, unless he makes a leap of faith here...

When you talk about Red Army KHL stats, bear in mind though, that the team is VERY young full of 97/98, look at the roster of Kuban', whom we lost to today...93/94
All of which doesn't do any good for Tretyak - a bad goaltender at this time. Today Kuban' had 14 shots on goal in two periods and scored 6 goals, 5 of them on Tretyak, yet he is gonna be on RedArmy team until the last year of eligibility (we all know why)

I am hoping for Trushkov, but he is worse than all 3 goalies from this WJC. Unless someone comes out of nowhere and shines, goal-tending is where will die.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Samsonov might be the one. Too early to panic; with a year to go, someone is bound to emerge.

Regarding Bragin's mention of Tretiak, he is just being diplomatic (for obvious reasons).

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Possible team, as I see it:

F
Evgeni Svechnikov - Maxim Letunov - Alexander Dergachev
Kirill Kaprizov - Vladislav Kamenev - Maxim Lazarev
Radel Fazleyev - Pavel Kraskovsky - Egor Korshkov
Semyon Afonasyevsky - Dmitri Zhukenov - Kirill Pilipenko

D
Ivan Provorov - Dmitri Sergeyev
Damir Sharipzyanov - Alexei Sleptsov
Evgeni Nazarkin - Ilya Dervuk
Kirill Shchukin - Egor Rykov

G
Ilya Samsonov - Anton Krasotkin - Alexander Trushkov

I do not feel very confident with Letunov as the #1 centre, because I think he is overrated. Nevertheless, this might be a pretty good team.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Possible team, as I see it:

F
Evgeni Svechnikov - Maxim Letunov - Alexander Dergachev
Kirill Kaprizov - Vladislav Kamenev - Maxim Lazarev
Radel Fazleyev - Pavel Kraskovsky - Egor Korshkov
Semyon Afonasyevsky - Dmitri Zhukenov - Kirill Pilipenko

D

G

I do not feel very confident with Letunov as the #1 centre, because I think he is overrated. Nevertheless, this might be a pretty good team.

Imo, currently it looks like that Kamenev and Dergachyov should center top lines.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
This si good news, but its not often when a guy outside of NT. ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTS MAKING THE TEAM IN RUSSIA.
well, when you compete with the likes of tretyak, suddenly you have a chance:naughty:
though this finnish boy has a loooong road ahead of him to even be conversation

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
D

G
currently I'd be more concerned about that D than about G's... in goal you only need one to be good, so good chances one will emerge before next December

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Thinking on this some more, I think Nasybullin will probably be on that defense and Rykov will not. Of course, a lot can change, but Nasybullin has had a solid year is feisty for a small guy.

At forward, I would not be shocked to see Letunov excluded, but there is a ton of depth there. I notice I have left off Kuzmenko and he probably deserves inclusion. Karnaukhov would be a solid 4th C.

Also, substitute Kaprizov with Guryanov.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
currently I'd be more concerned about that D than about G's... in goal you only need one to be good, so good chances one will emerge before next December

Provorov is very good and I doubt he'll make the jump to the NHL right away. Sergeev and Sharipzyanov would be a solid supporting cast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad