PGT: WJC Quarter Finals: Game 22 | Switzerland Eliminate Sweden 2-0

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
No, at least disappointed.
We got high hope after the games in preliminary round, thought oh wow this team isn't that bad afterall, what we'd thought.
it was predictable, we dont have any forward with gamebreaking skill

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am backing Switzerland all the way now. Would be an awesome story if they win the tournament

Hischier went 1st overall in 2017 and then they win the tourney in 2019. Will help grow the sport there

Reactions: EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

Cinderblox

Hug it out everyone!
Jan 4, 2016
Lahti
I never suggested that? Just the penalties being equal doesn’t mean the game was fair. Was a general comment wasn’t even talking about this game in particular.

Well sry, thought it was. And iihf refs have been shit in every national tourney from 2010---> anyway so it's par for the course when it comes to the tourney

gerardfraser

Mar 2, 2016
Great win ,would love Switzerland to win they need it.So disappointed in Canada loss those 17 year old kids need to be kids,but hey Finland deserved to win.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Disclaimer: Before someone takes a shot at me because of my name, the following is just a joke, I'm aware Canada lost too, but I'm also a huge fan of upsets and this isn't a shot at Sweden at all, just think the meme this picture uses is kind of funny.

Sweden: "You can't be suspended for throwing your medal into the crowd if you don't win a medal at all"

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg

Reactions: EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
It is all Cmore/TV4 fault, everything they touch becomes crap….

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Wouldn't say Brännström was subpar, he held it down shorthanded(and on that 3v5), & made things happen. Refs never gave him obvious calls this game or all tournament long, & he got called for a player going for a late hit on him. On the PP Swiss knew he was the PP: shut down Brännström and the PP is done with.

And when Monten finally realized Westerlund miiiiight not be a good option for a top D pairing it was too late.

I’d say subpar is being nice to Brannstrom.

He was on the ice for both of Switzerland’s goals, and that second Swiss goal was his fault for chasing the puck carrier into the corner and putting himself in a bad position.

Overall it was still a good tournament for him (can’t say the same for any other Swedish D) but in this elimination game Brannstrom was not good.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
What Swedish hockey need is to grow a a freaking pair of balls. Down two goals and what does the Swedish Coach do? Shake some life into the players? No he just stands there with his arms crossed. Yeah, lets do NOTHING, thats a great plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexpj and Vesperia

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Wake up call all around. Sweden needs to do better, at same time I Dont want to undermine the swiss who has been legit for a couple of years now and thats awesome!

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
This narrative about Swedish team not being talented enough and having bad forwards us just false.
First of all, will there be anyone, who will claim that Switzerland had better forwards? Or better roster overall? It is just not true.

Second, look at 2008 team roster. It was worse that this years team. This years team had the luxury to snap Peterson, Leufvenius, Hoglander, A.Eriksson, Lycksell, Weissbach etc
Roster quality was good.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
This narrative about Swedish team not being talented enough and having bad forwards us just false.
First of all, will there be anyone, who will claim that Switzerland had better forwards? Or better roster overall? It is just not true.

Second, look at 2008 team roster. It was worse that this years team. This years team had the luxury to snap Peterson, Leufvenius, Hoglander, A.Eriksson, Lycksell, Weissbach etc
Roster quality was good.
The Swedish team should have won if they played there gameplan. They never did. Thats a dicipline issue. Switserland followed plan 100%. Better as a team , worse as individual. But the Swedish forwards in this team should be happy if they ever become NHL fourth line players. Next year i expect a medal. This year i expected this.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I am backing Switzerland all the way now. Would be an awesome story if they win the tournament

Hischier went 1st overall in 2017 and then they win the tourney in 2019. Will help grow the sport there

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Are you serious ?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The phrase "bad when i counts" is a myth. If u as a player are afraid the myth is true or belive its true , you will make it the truth. Stop beliving your own myth and you slay that beast .

Monten you are free to take this little motivational talk with them next year.

Go on Switzerland and win a medal!

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
IIHF refs remain a mistery to me. Sometimes they call something that is ... unbelievable and here, you have a guy aggressing in a dirty way another one ... and no call.

the IIHF ref mistery becomes thicker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad