PGT: WJC Quarter Finals: Game 22 | Switzerland Eliminate Sweden 2-0

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
QF1.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Switzerland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Luca Hollenstein (G)
Akira Schmid (G)
Gianluca Zaetta (G)

Defensemen:
David Aebischer (D)
Davyd Barandun (D)
Tim Berni (D)
Nico Gross (D)
Simon Le Coultre (D)
Janis Jérôme Moser (D)

Forwards:
Yannick Brüschweiler (LW)
Nando Eggenberger (LW/RW)
Jeremi Gerber (RW)
Philipp Kurashev (C)
Marco Lehmann (C)
Sven Leuenberger (C/RW)
Nicolas Müller (C/RW)
Valentin Nussbaumer (C/W)
Sandro Schmid (C/RW)
Justin Sigrist (C/LW)
Ramon Tanner (C)
Matthew Verboon (RW/C)

2 Roster Spots Available - Still In Camp
Gianluca Burger (D)
Tobias Geisser (D)
Luca Wyss (LW)

full

Sweden
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Olle Eriksson Ek (G)
Samuel Ersson (G)
Adam Åhman (G)

Defensemen:
Adam Boqvist (D)
Philip Broberg (D)
Erik Brännström (D)
Adam Ginning (D)
Nils Lundkvist (D)
Rasmus Sandin (D)
Filip Westerlund (D)

Forwards:
Emil Bemström (C/W)
Oskar Bäck (C)
Lucas Elvenes (C/RW)
Samuel Fagemo (LW/RW)
David Gustafsson (C)
Pontus Holmberg (LW/C)
Rickard Hugg (C/LW)
Filip Hållander (C/W)
Isac Lundeström (C/LW)
Jacob Olofsson (C)
Filip Sveningsson (LW)
Johan Södergran (RW)
Fabian Zetterlund (RW)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
any update on how close to 100% those 5 Swedish players are? switz has a small chance of upset in my opinion...

Reactions: RedBar

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
any update on how close to 100% those 5 Swedish players are? switz has a small chance of upset in my opinion...
According to the media, things are looking positive. They should be ready to play, but I guess they will be used sparingly. Hugg is reported to be close to 100%, the others look much better. Södergran is the biggest question mark, the other four have been able to eat and drink since yesterday.

The team estimation is all the players will be able to play, if there are no setbacks.
Glädjebeskedet från Juniorkronorna

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Ersson starting I presume?
Should be, yeah.

I love the Swiss coach, Montén(Sweden's coach) said we'd split the games 4-4 if we played 8 times, to which he reponded that's coccos, and if the Swiss want to win, he has to become a robot, goalie & defense need to play unbelievable, & forwards need to be super horny to score goals.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
According to the media, things are looking positive. They should be ready to play, but I guess they will be used sparingly. Hugg is reported to be close to 100%, the others look much better. Södergran is the biggest question mark, the other four have been able to eat and drink since yesterday.

The team estimation is all the players will be able to play, if there are no setbacks.
Glädjebeskedet från Juniorkronorna

Well if it was the stomachflu (lol dont even know what the word is for Magsjuka in english) they should recover pretty much in this few days... so they can't blame that if they lose i've been on elite level myself and competed after have had stomachflu without any problem...

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
We needs to give 100% to win this one. Swiss is tough, they probably wants revange for the losses for the past years either in Junior or Senior hockey.

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Switzerland is facing the best team in the tournament but they might actually match up well. They scored 4 goals against Russia so perhaps they can find a way to score on Sweden too. I’ll guess 3-2 Sweden though

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Switzerland is facing the best team in the tournament but they might actually match up well. They scored 4 goals against Russia so perhaps they can find a way to score on Sweden too. I’ll guess 3-2 Sweden though

Sweden are so not the best.

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
You really think they have played better than Canada and Russia, the US played well in their last game too?
Yeah, I thought Sweden looked really strong defensively and composed, and their offense gets the job done. They only looked weak for 10 minutes against USA. But we’ll see how the playoffs go.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Yeah, I thought Sweden looked really strong defensively and composed, and their offense gets the job done. They only looked weak for 10 minutes against USA. But we’ll see how the playoffs go.

They did not look good vs. Kazak either, players out may have had something to do with it, still you would think they'd dominate.

Sweden also had a tough game vs. Finns.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
They did not look good vs. Kazak either, players out may have had something to do with it, still you would think they'd dominate.

Sweden also had a tough game vs. Finns.

6 player was out VS Kazak, and I'm pretty sure they takes it easy and laid low. So can't really count on that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad