WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - USA vs. Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennypeyton

Jul 29, 2005
www.ak907clothing.com
Sounds like the Canadians are back to acting the way I've always known them, that is at least not jeering another countries anthem. By the way, it cracks me up all the people who have been complaining about the Americans getting booed during game play - especially JJ tonight. Give me a break. And for all of you worried about teenagers self esteem because they're booed, what do you think happens when they play on the road in the CHL or NCAA's?

Glad to hear though that the fans didn't boo the anthem. :)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
Was it just me, or did it seem like Robbie Schremp and Bobby Ryan didn't play at all in the third period?

Not surprising since the U.S. was playing to not lose instead of to win. Let's face it, neither Schremp or Ryan are defensive dynamos. They'll need to put some points on the board tomorrow though for the U.S. to have a chance.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
Was it just me, or did it seem like Robbie Schremp and Bobby Ryan didn't play at all in the third period?

Would you put them out there? They can't play defence and there weren't many PP's! All Bobby Ryan does is stand in the corner on the PP!

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
It was a pretty exciting game.. the Czech's just couldn't get it going and weren't hitting the net at all. Lots of shots were blocked or were way wide of the net.

USA vs Russia is the matchup I've waited all tournament for *drool*, too bad it wasn't the gold medal game.. I hope this is a battle of epic proportions. Kessel v. Malkin.. may the best man win :handclap:

Avery4Byng*

Bobby Ryan Getzlaf said:
Ya I didnt see much of Ryan at all...... Saw more of Schremp IMO

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
1) Don't always believe the hype.
2) That person wasn't me.
3) I still don't understand why you have to bring last year's Team Canada into the picture.

RR did i say it was you ? I read all the pre-tourney dribble and after seeing this team lose to Canada barely beating the Czechs and tie Swiss i was just voicing my opinion. Kessel the unstoppable :biglaugh: is good. And your team is good but no where worth the pre-tourney hype it was receiving. Thats all i was saying. Sorry for comparing it to other previous great teams. Canada and Russia can both win this thing also.... despite what was previously foretold before the tourney began.

bennypeyton

Jul 29, 2005
www.ak907clothing.com
Just a hunch: I'm betting my mortgage that Kessel has tried his power backhand move about 20 times per game in this tourney. Haven't been able to view any games, but have seen enough NCAA's this year to feel confident with my wager. :sarcasm:

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
bennypeyton said:
If I was Canadian I would be rooting for US for one reason.

4 games in 6 days if they make the final. Is that correct?

Yes it would be.. I for one still hope the final will be a good one.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
HabLover said:
Would you put them out there? They can't play defence and there weren't many PP's! All Bobby Ryan does is stand in the corner on the PP!

In the final minutes, no I wouldn't, but I maybe saw Ryan out there once in the third and Schremp twice or three times. Well, at least they aren't Martin Hanzal.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
It seemed very apparent by even the end of the second that the American team was trying to protect its one-goal advantage, not increase its lead. Walt rode his defensively strong players. Praise or condemn the decision-making process involved there, but that's the explanation for Schremp and Ryan's dwindling ice time: It's a reflection of the coaching staff's opinions regarding those players' two-way game.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Not to mention Kyle was saving Schremp and Ryan's energy for tomorrow's game, when the US is going to need them both to step it up big time. ;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
What do you have to do to be considered an "elite" team in this tourney, get a bye to the semis? The differance between the U.S, Russia, and Canada, and maybe even Finland is not all that much, if at all.

Canada last year. That's the point all 4 of those teams could be the Gold medal winner. Last year, Canada went on a tear and no-one could match up to them. The US doesn't have that kind of feeling to them, they are very beatable, and very vulnerable IMO. The way that the offense is going, if Schneider isn't standing on his head can we score enough to off-set a sub-par game from him???

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Draft Guru said:
Not to mention Kyle was saving Schremp and Ryan's energy for tomorrow's game, when the US is going to need them both to step it up big time. ;)

I sure hope so, because the top line is likely exhausted after tonight!!! Tomorrow would be as good of a time as any to "un-leash" the weapon that is Robbie Schremp!!! Play Ryan-Schremp-Skille as a line as all 3 didn't get much time, they should all be fresh!!!

Vic Rattlehead*

Great game by Krejci and Sobotka. This was my first time seeing Sobotka and Kalus. I was impressed with all three. The Bruins scouting staff must be smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad