WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - USA vs. Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
naihlflames said:
You seem up on the OHL. Should McGrath have made team Canada?

Not too sure, I just keep up with Oiler prospects for the most part. However Canada could also have used more offense IMO. Here we go boys!!!

Randall Graves*

US escapes, they better pick it up if they want to beat Russia.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Damn the radio delay is long, there was still like 20 seconds left when you declared it over!!!

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
I don't know if it's lack of confidence. Honestly, I think the U.S. offense is a bit overrated. Alot of great individual players, but doesn't appear to alot of chemistry. That being said, I think the U.S. goaltending and defense was a bit underrated. The problem I see going into the semis against Russia (if the U.S. can hold on) is fatigue. Can the U.S. bring it against a rested team like Russia? Tough call there....
And then against the fin/Canada winner ? This team is no way in the same ballpark as the Canadian team last yr.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Bryanbryoil said:
Not too sure, I just keep up with Oiler prospects for the most part. However Canada could also have used more offense IMO. Here we go boys!!!

I'm in Michigan and see alot of OHL, CCHA, and NHL. Your boy Coglinio is the real deal. Hopefully you will see Schremp and Cogs in the finals. :cheers:

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
USA wins 2-1 and will face Russia tomorrow. Hard fought game, the American squad held back the Czech Republic with strong defense and backchecking. TJ Oshie had a big game as did Cory Schneider. Both teams worked hard, but the two goals for the US in the beginning held up throughout.

I can't say I'm enthused with the USA team only potting 2 goals, but a win is a win. Czech Rep. played hard and made some good efforts, but they couldn't beat Schneider (player of the game) despite some golden chances.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RallyKiller said:
US escapes, they better pick it up if they want to beat Russia.

It'll be interesting to see if Kyle uses Paukovich to shadow Malkin. I don't really like the USA's chances to be honest, they just haven't done enough to show me that they are going to be an elite team in this competition. Hiopefully they put it all together tomorrow.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
hurry up and get home and get to sleep now. I'd let them sleep until 10pm tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad