WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - USA vs. Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
nomorekids said:
Schneider named player of the game for the Americans, and is applauded(Vancouver) ;)

And they cheared the National Anthem!!! Damn Canucks!!! What's wrong with those people!!! :sarcasm:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
That whole line of Bourque-Kessel-Oshie was seemingly on the ice all game. Kessel generated most of the US team's offensive chances, while Oshie and Bourque buzzed defensively with some big plays, and put in yeoman's work on the boards on the forecheck.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
I find it so strange they play the national anthem of the winning team after each game, not just the medal games. Did they always do this? I can't remember.

Randall Graves*

Bryanbryoil said:
It'll be interesting to see if Kyle uses Paukovich to shadow Malkin. I don't really like the USA's chances to be honest, they just haven't done enough to show me that they are going to be an elite team in this competition. Hiopefully they put it all together tomorrow.
Let's put it this way, If Kessel's line is playing alot like tonight, odds are they'll see some time against Malkin..and that's not a good thing. I wouldn't mind the guys who keep the game simple primarily playing against him.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Bryanbryoil said:
It'll be interesting to see if Kyle uses Paukovich to shadow Malkin. I don't really like the USA's chances to be honest, they just haven't done enough to show me that they are going to be an elite team in this competition. Hiopefully they put it all together tomorrow.

Ya, Finland is going to win it all. The US is not an "elite team". Canada basically played this non-elite team to a 2-2 tie. Russia lost badly to the Canadians in an exhibition game. Therefore logic dictates that the Fins are the favorite to take it all. :sarcasm:

Spiral

Dec 24, 2005
Smid named player of the game for the Czechs! :handclap:
USA wins! Bobby Ryan with an assist! :handclap:

Great game overall.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
naihlflames said:
I'm in Michigan and see alot of OHL, CCHA, and NHL. Your boy Coglinio is the real deal. Hopefully you will see Schremp and Cogs in the finals. :cheers:

So what are your thoughts of Schremp's playing time, or lack there-of??? I've yet to see Cogs, but I'll be getting a bushell of games when my wife returns from Canada!!!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Bryanbryoil said:

What do you have to do to be considered an "elite" team in this tourney, get a bye to the semis? The differance between the U.S, Russia, and Canada, and maybe even Finland is not all that much, if at all.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Who said it was? What's your point?

After the lobsided Norway win this team was pumped to no end. You of all people RR have read the hype. Last night someone posted that this team had its wake up call and will DESTROY all future oponents.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Bryanbryoil said:
So what are your thoughts of Schremp's playing time, or lack there-of??? I've yet to see Cogs, but I'll be getting a bushell of games when my wife returns from Canada!!!

Overall, I love his offense and especially on the pp. I do have some concerns about his 2 way game (although he could not have taken any more penalties than Borque did). I think he should be on our #1 PP unit and line #2 for regular strength.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Damn, it's a sad tournament for Czech fans. I haven't seen such absence of chemistry in a Czech team in a while.... Powerplay was invisible, only the first line played. So many errors, not enough quality shots......

Not too much good words twards the US neither, exept their PP. Nice fast passes, good positionning, Kessel's deadly in the slot... overall an avrage performance.

Russia - US in 1/4s .. i'm nervous. Khudobin must be solid, US PP could wreck Russia.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The Czech players seemed really nervous to me and I think they lacked confidence. They fanned on a lot of shots, gave the puck away a lot when they were in the offensive zone, made a lot of bad passes..

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Slick Nick said:
Damn, it's a sad tournament for Czech fans. I haven't seen such absence of chemistry in a Czech team in a while.... Powerplay was invisible, only the first line played. So many errors, not enough quality shots......

Not too much good words twards the US neither, exept their PP. Nice fast passes, good positionning, Kessel's deadly in the slot... overall an avrage performance.

Russia - US in 1/4s .. i'm nervous. Khudobin must be solid, US PP could wreck Russia.

Why did Pavelic get left off the team?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jcorb58 said:
After the lobsided Norway win this team was pumped to no end. You of all people RR have read the hype. Last night someone posted that this team had its wake up call and will DESTROY all future oponents.

1) Don't always believe the hype.
2) That person wasn't me.
3) I still don't understand why you have to bring last year's Team Canada into the picture.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Pretty entertaining game. After 2 quick American goals, I was afraid we'd be seeing a blowout, but the Czechs played fairly well. However, the American defense and penalty kill was what impressed me the most.

Even though the Czechs pressed for the majority of the game it seemed, they couldn't really get to the front of the net. They took a lot of shots from the outside, and rarely got rebounds. When they did manage to get to the net, they had a man on their forward almost immediately (Frolik's miss on the empty net comes to mind). It was really difficult for the Czechs to generate any chances. Guys like TJ Oshie, Eric Johnson and Chris Bourque were absolutely huge defensively.

I'm not sure if the Americans have enough to beat the Russians. They had a tough game tonight, and at times, appeared to tire.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
I wonder if all the people who were whining about JJ being booed are going to recognize the fact that the fans cheered the American anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad