WJC Prospects

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Canada never had the lead to defend. Hicketts cost them this game, real shame cause he played fairly well for most of it. Whatever he thought he was doing it was stupid

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Yeah hicketts played well for the most part until he tipped a sbot 2 feet from his net. Real bonehead play

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Just curious, what percentage of HF Red Wings fans do you guys think are Canadian? 40%?
55% American?
40% Canadian?
5% Europeean?

Kinda random, but what do you think? (for the record, Go Canada Go!)

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Just curious, what percentage of HF Red Wings fans do you guys think are Canadian? 40%?
55% American?
40% Canadian?
5% Europeean?

Kinda random, but what do you think? (for the record, Go Canada Go!)

If I had to guess, I'd say:

65% American
25% Canadian
10% European

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
CAN-US starting now. Watchin for big Joe out there.

Werenski captain of US, still hope he defects from CBJ like Reilly did.

Other then the penalty he took on a play that was whistled dead for offside - he was by far and away the best defenseman that game and day 1. He was a mirror image of Duncan Keith.

I agree with you though. He should stay in college, then defect to the wings. I mean he is a Michigan boy :)

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Other then the penalty he took on a play that was whistled dead for offside - he was by far and away the best defenseman that game and day 1. He was a mirror image of Duncan Keith.

I agree with you though. He should stay in college, then defect to the wings. I mean he is a Michigan boy :)

Agreed. He turned the puck over in the D zone a few times, but was probably the best Dman on the ice for either team.

Really weak call on his penalty, Canada tied it, but he got his shot through on Matthews goal to seal it.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Going to the SWE-USA game tomorrow, should be a good test for Homer & Ehn. Nylander is out so Homer might be getting an even larger role.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
van Pottelberghe starts for the Swiss today against Denmark.

I thought he looked good in relief against Sweden. The last goal was deflected by his own team, tough one. Looks like a good prospect moving forward, you've got to think he will be with the Griffins the season after next and he could have potential beyond that.

Denmark should be a much more equal matchup. Watching the first they seem to have some skill up front too.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If I had to guess, I'd say:

65% American
25% Canadian
10% European

I would go around

45% American
35% Canadian
20% European

The Wings have a pretty wide ranging fanbase because of their success and the whole O6 thing. The location right on the Ontario border also helps give them a massive fanbase in Ontario. The numbers might vary around here, like I put the European number higher than the likely breakdown of the actual fanbase because we have a lot of European posters. Still they are very popular over in Europe and the Canadian element is big and often forgotten when breaking down how many people really watch the Wings fairly religiously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad