WJC Prospects

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
well. Im rooting for everybody, except I dont really care what Ehn or the Van Polatheraberge guy does since they dont really seem to have a high ceiling.

Come on Holmstrom. Show that u are a clutch player!

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Holmstrom nice assist vs Canada.

All I have seen of the pre-tourny

Edit: also had a good goal. He assisted Lindblom goal but I guess for pre-tourny they don't care about recording assists. Was primary and all.

He was good, some great chances and put up some pts. Hickett's was not good but not much good can be said of Canada's defence that game, what a cluster****

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Their D may be suspect, but they seem to be one of the favorites.

Thanks for the updates, ChadS and all.

The defense has two first rounders, two second rounders + Forsling. Six of them are SHL regulars, the seventh is in the NCAA. They need to start playing like it and they probably will. Forwards will score a lot, that's a certain. I am more concerned about the goaltending, none of them feel in form.

Homer was really good the other night against Canada, he's the most mature forward on the Swedish team(and not just physically).

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
The defense has two first rounders, two second rounders + Forsling. Six of them are SHL regulars, the seventh is in the NCAA. They need to start playing like it and they probably will. Forwards will score a lot, that's a certain. I am more concerned about the goaltending, none of them feel in form.

Homer was really good the other night against Canada, he's the most mature forward on the Swedish team(and not just physically).

They should be fun to follow, especially for folks like me who don't get to see the European prospects play as much.

Article about Svech at WJC:
http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/world-junior-championship-preview-russia/

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I remember Jurco was so dominant at wjc and now so different . best 18-20 years old not even there

Aug 6, 2012
Only caught the third but Svechnikov looked really dangerous with the puck. He is a big boy too, used his body really well.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Ehn is a very good skater. He's very fast, even on the big ice. I think he'd be a burner on small ice. Interesting combo for a checking line type center. Huge frame and fast. If he can fill out that frame, he could be a player.

Holmstrom, on the other hand, is going to be a far better small ice player. He's still a pretty average skater. Top speed seems decent, but his acceleration is lacking. Still, good hockey sense and skill level, and he's not afraid of hard work.

Van Pottelberghe is in now, but I'm no good at evaluating goalies. He looks damn big, I'll tell you that.

Jul 30, 2005
Saarijarvi playing now. He really reminds me of Rafalski. Super calm puckmover, not big but not afraid, good skater, does a good job of keeping the puck in. Very skilled. Haven't seen that big shot yet, though.

Edit: I take that back. He's got a helluva shot for a small guy.

Edit edit: Craig Button just said he thinks Saarijarvi is a sure-fire NHLer.

Edit x3: Craig Button has a confirmed mancrush on Saarijarvi.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
Button said it again. Direct quote: "I think Saarijarvi is going to be a star."

You remember that game on NBC where they wouldn't stop talking about Larkin, and it got kind of annoying? That's what Craig Button is doing with Saarijarvi. He starts talking about him when he isn't even on the ice.

Last edited:

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
CAN-US starting now. Watchin for big Joe out there.

Werenski captain of US, still hope he defects from CBJ like Reilly did.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Will watch this one closely, **** ya hockey

Edit: Hicketts best player on the ice so far. Good D, big hit and another good hit, shot block

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
Yeah, Hicketts was very good there. Seemed to be playing hard minutes and doing a great job of calming everything down and getting controlled breakouts going.

BTW, Holmstrom had 2 assists earlier. He should be getting a ton of icetime now, as it looks like Nylander is out of the tourney with a concussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00