WJC Prospects

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Someone else may have mentioned it, but saw a tweet today that Svech will go to Grand Rapids next year.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
From the Svechnikov thread:
"As for the lack of points at the PP for Svechnikov. It was such a task for him - to distract the defense.

He normally served a task that was assigned to him,"- said Bragin.
That's true, he had a clear net front role and barely touched the puck on the PP.

Someone else may have mentioned it, but saw a tweet today that Svech will go to Grand Rapids next year.
That's expected, just like with Mantha, Frk, Jurco and pretty much any 'high profile' late birthday draft pick.

Last edited:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
It's funny, though, because Russian fans are slamming Svechnikov for looking like an Abdelkader. But I think the Wings front office must be salivating. They love the normal, medium talent version of Abdelkader enough already. Add a shot, hands, and playmaking? They must be in love.

"An Abdelkader with hands." LOL.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The similarity was uncanny: slow of foot, hitting everything in sight, losing the puck, going to the net and nothing happening. I found it kind of disturbing. It was like watching a clone.

And Helm with hands is still appropriate, dammit.

Yeah, but as you said both guys are easily more skilled. Hence their draft position.

Hands and release of Svech seems like they will end up way better than Abdelkader's.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
The similarity was uncanny: slow of foot, hitting everything in sight, losing the puck, going to the net and nothing happening. I found it kind of disturbing. It was like watching a clone.

And Helm with hands is still appropriate, dammit.

Eh, Helm with hands is more in line with AA. Helm has ok hockey IQ/Vision. Larkin has great IQ/Vision and still has upside to grow into.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad