PGT: WJC Gold Medal Game | Finland Win Gold Over USA 3-2 | Part II

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Congrats Finland. Full merit on the victory. Outstanding tournament. On a side note- it makes me upset to see how many Canadians
cheer against Team USA. I am a proud Canadian, but let's be real, if a hostile nation ever attacks us, the USA would be the first to defend
us. They are our closest ally, and will always be. Canadians need to stop the little brother syndrome, and stop with the booing
and rooting against USA. They have a medal in 4 straight tournaments. Only country to do so in this tournament, while Canada has been
knocked out of the QF in 2 of the past 3 tournaments. Congrats to USA on a great tournament as well, and their Silver Medal.

I will never cheer for USA.

(well, no, against Russia I will, otherwise, never).

They are our rival.

Not to mention Canada has quite a decent sized Finnish population.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
UPL definitely should have been the MVP.

Great tournament. Glad it was back in my neck of the woods. Only got to see a few pre-tourney games but it was alot of fun. Got to see Kakko & Hughes live which was cool. Both guys had good tournaments as draft eligibles.

I thought USA had the best team coming in. Followed by Canada & Finland.

Canada never played close to their potential.

USA played great throughout the tournament. In the GMG they carried alot of the play but were too cute most of the game. They also had some bad breaks with the disallowed goal & missing golden chances. Showed heart battling back but let off the gas at the end & paid for it. Its a game of inches.

Finland was a great team led by the best goalie, some NHL defenders & some very good 1st round forwards. Surprised Tolvanen never scored but that just goes to show how well they played as a team. Huge feather in Finland's cap that they did it without Kotkaniemi, Heiskanen & Vesalainen.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'd say Poehling was not a player I noticed on the ice for the entire tournament. As he is mtl prospect you probably did - however he did nothing noteworthy.
rewatch the game then. Simple as that. His first period was very impressive for me.

Also in a tourny where almost all forwards disappointed, I was impressed by Poehling overall.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

hososo

Dec 18, 2018
second most golds

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190106-060350.png
    Screenshot_20190106-060350.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 244

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I think Lundell was better than J Hughes and Kakko in this game. He killed penalties, won key draws, fought hard defensively and generated chances. Kakko was better than Hughes it this game mainly because of his defensive game. He killed penalties, was defending 1 goal lead in final minute and scored a golden goal. I’m extremely impressed with Lundell. He has everything you want from a center. To me he looked much better than Lafreniere.

We can stop the J Hughes>Matthews talks. It’s obvious that Matthews was on another level as a prospect. J Hughes is not at that level.

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
I am still proud of the way USA played. I thought this was a really talented mature team. Excited what Quinn and Jack Hughes, Cockerill, Poehling, Wahlstrom, Cates, Kemp, Madden, Robertson, and Chmelevski can do in the NHL and hopefully the US national team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad