GDT: [WJC] Finland vs. Czechia, 2pm EST 11/8/22

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If only Finland had good goalie in the team :rolleyes:
If only Finland had the best goalie in Liiga available.

Shocker that goalie who saved .890 in CHL is doing poorly. How about using the goalie who saved .940 in Liiga? Oh didn't make the team.

Reactions: Svedu

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
If only Finland had good goalie in the team :rolleyes:
Yeah. Very good team but unless they can get some solid goaltending they'll have no chance vs the good teams. Merilainen sucks. I don't think the other two are any better but they should give them a chance. Better sooner than later. Merilainen isn't gonna cut it.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Czechs have scouted Finland’s play perfectly and are dominating against them. And seems so far that Pennanen is clueless with it. That’s what I have always disliked very much about Pennanen. He is very rigid and stubborn with his system and practically incapable of making changes to his system, according to how the opponents play. A way too stubborn coach with a huge ego. Of course those are problems for many coaches nowadays.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Czechs have scouted Finland’s play perfectly and are dominating against them. And seems so far that Pennanen is clueless with it. That’s what I have always digimediakilpailun very much about Pennanen. He is very ringissä and stubborn with his system and practically incapable of making changes to his syste, according to how the opponents play. A way too stubborn coach with a huge ego. Of course those are problems for many coaches nowadays.
Kari Jalonen the main man devil behind the scenes pulling the strings

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah. Very good team but unless they can get some solid goaltending they'll have no chance vs the good teams. Merilainen sucks. I don't think the other two are any better but they should give them a chance. Better sooner than later. Merilainen isn't gonna cut it.
This guy might have helped.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Regardless of Meriläinens performance Finland only has two shots. Czechia's been more opportunistic and playing the way Finland's trying to play.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Im losing it already. A lot of questionable selections from him.
I get if he wanted or preferred physicality or something before skill, IQ or whatever. But the thing is he just seems to have chosen worse players because of his own f*cking ego.

Czechs should lead with 2-0, good goal.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Regardless of Meriläinens performance Finland only has two shots. Czechia's been more opportunistic and playing the way Finland's trying to play.
The Fins had opportunities as well, just decided to cycle the puck instead of shooting it. Different strategies so I'm not sure the Fins really want to copy the Czechs. Finland had more offensive zone time I think. They just can't seem to play defense and have a poor goaltender. Which isn't a very promising combination.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad