GDT: [WJC] Finland vs. Czechia, 2pm EST 11/8/22

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This is a game Finland must win.
It is important for the QF settings but not for the promotion into the QF. Both teams won their openening games and are in no real danger of a complete failure. Neither has to be excessively nervous or something.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It is important for the QF settings but not for the promotion into the QF. Both teams won their openening games and are in no real danger of a complete failure. Neither has to be excessively nervous or something.
USA or Sweden vs Germany or Switzerland? It's a must win.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Who are some players to watch on both teams? I know obviously Nemec is one but who else?

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Who are some players to watch on both teams? I know obviously Nemec is one but who else?
Nemec is Slovak and he doesn't play in this tournament. On the Czech side: Jiříček, Kulich, Myšák. But the Czech team is really rather preparing for the December/January tournament, they have just a very few players born in 2002, most of them are 2003 and even 2004.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Jan Bednar. In my view easily the best goalie of this tournament besides the two SHL Swedes.
Merilainen on the other side:help::help::help:

Last edited:

m0rkoli

Jan 3, 2019
There is Nemec in Czech team (not the same that got drafted #2 (slovakia))

This years draftees are interesting:

JIRICEK David 2022 1RD #6 (Columbus)
KULICH Jiri 2022 1RD #28 (Buffalo)
SAPOVALIV Matyas 2022 2RD #48 (Vegas)

And from Finland:
Too many for me to say :D

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Nemec is Slovak and he doesn't play in this tournament. On the Czech side: Jiříček, Kulich, Myšák. But the Czech team is really rather preparing for the December/January tournament, they have just a very few players born in 2002, most of them are 2003 and even 2004.
Yeah after getting corrected I got by RDs mixed up and thought Nemec was Jiříček thanks for the help

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Meriläinen...

His blocker as well, before the goal. Third time in this tournament already, he doesn't have a clue where the puck is and it's loose.
Is he supposed to be a lot better than Blomqvist? Im starting to question Pennanens selections.
Really sloppy defending with Nurmi instead of Rami Määttä.

Also, i have a difficult time to see that Karvinen and Väisänen would be better than others like Huuhtanen, Tuomaala etc.
They are not even that physical, and they dont't seem to be close skillwise. Well, this far in at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad