WJC: Dec 30 GDT - Sweden vs. Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
:boredom:

Man was this boring. I thought it would never end. At least it's nice to see that there are a few swedes that can shoot well.

The ref sucked. Again. I usually don't complain about them but geez.. the way he tried to "compensate" the germans in the second period and then stopped blowing for hooking, holding and crosschecking was embarrassing to see. I hope it improves in the playoffs.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
I'm watching the game via the SVT.se website, that little chip/flip pass by Backstrom was sweet. Maybe he'll be the next Cap to hit a hole in one ;)

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He managed to miss a penalty shot aswell.
... on which he deked bad and finished bad.
I'm watching the game via the SVT.se website, that little chip/flip pass by Backstrom was sweet. Maybe he'll be the next Cap to hit a hole in one ;)
Yeah, that's pretty neat. Both that you can watch the games on the website and that Bäckström is very good on those chip passes. ;)

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg

Maybe. :)

I really like his way of bringing the puck in to the offensive zone. He isn't afraid to deke, and when he does, he rarely fails.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Someone mentioned the music earlier, but what's with the 80's music they play during the breaks? I noticed during the Slovakia game as well

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Someone mentioned the music earlier, but what's with the 80's music they play during the breaks? I noticed during the Slovakia game as well
I've never been to a Swedish Hockey Arena that plays good hockey anthems and music. It's just the way it is, I bet there's some 50 year old guy up there in every arena playing his themes, sometimes letting his 7 year old daughter choose. ;)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I've never been to a Swedish Hockey Arena that plays good hockey anthems and music. It's just the way it is, I bet there's some 50 year old guy up there in every arena playing his themes, sometimes letting his 7 year old daughter choose. ;)

True, but the "DJ" (or something like it) in Mora is exceptionally awful. He mixes '80s hits with mora träsk and accordeon music.

I wish all of swedens games had been in Ejendals arena. Way better atmosphere.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
How did Berglund look today?

Kind of quiet today, didn't really do much good or bad. Personally I think he is a little misused by the coach. He is a very good offensive player, but he playes on a line with two not so offensivly gifted players. I can think of several other line combinations that I think would create much better chemistry for him, but the swedish coach seems satisfied as it is right now. I would like to see him with perhaps Bergfors and Pettersson, which would be a leathal line if they get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad