Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
He was literally amazing at the u18s? He shares the single best tournament production with none other than Mcdavid???

Shane Wright had 14 points in 5 games too? How is that worrisome ? Jesus.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. All I can say is that despite his statistics, Wright, who was playing on a stacked Team Canada, couldn't carry the play. This inability was replicated at the truncated WJC. Wright, the consensus first overall, went fourth overall for a reason. And in this observer's view, he was over drafted at fourth.

How many 16 year olds have ever made team Canada? And amongst those which ones have looked better than Bedard ?

Wright who is 1.5 years old than Bedard looked significantly behind him in December.
Wright looked significantly behind a lot of players. Hence why the presumptive 1OA fell to fourth.

Reactions: Locks and SOLR

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. All I can say is that despite his statistics, Wright, who was playing on a stacked Team Canada, couldn't carry the play. This inability was replicated at the truncated WJC. Wright, the consensus first overall, went fourth overall for a reason. And in this observer's view, he was over drafted at fourth.

Wright looked significantly behind a lot of players. Hence why the presumptive 1OA fell to fourth.
That’s fair. I agree with you about Wright as he never really impressed me while watching him.

But Bedard has always played 2-3 years up in age and I’ve seen multiple games where he was the best player on the ice. I was a little disappointed by his tournament but that’s only because I had crazy high expectations due to how he played in December.

Reactions: DAChampion

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I found Bedard very disappointing. Other than an amazing shot he didn't have much to his game IMO. I was expecting blazing speed and sick hands but didn't see that.
I never watched the tourney, coming from you I value the assessment. You are veteran poster. Could Bedard be going the way of Shane Wright? The more we see of him the more the shine comes off him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Any opinions of how Kapanen/Mysak played?

Roy was as good as I can hope for a 5th rounder with another year left of eligibility. Coach gave him so many minutes. Getting that trust is pretty huge, especially considering he's not even from same Junior league as coach.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Any opinions of how Kapanen/Mysak played?

Roy was as good as I can hope for a 5th rounder with another year left of eligibility. Coach gave him so many minutes. Getting that trust is pretty huge, especially considering he's not even from same Junior league as coach.

Kapanen: nothing really to write home about.

Mysak: was named to the tournament's All-Star Team. He was Czechia's heart and soul. A real leader out there. And was among the tournament's best players.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

You have a right to an opinion, it doesnt mean your opinion is right and that you dont sound like an utter buffoon.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
You have a right to an opinion, it doesnt mean your opinion is right and that you dont sound like an utter buffoon.
Such admirable loyalty to Wright. You must be his agent or related to him to be so invested in your supplication. But time will tell which of us is the true buffoon.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Such admirable loyalty to Wright. You must be his agent or related to him to be so invested in your supplication. But time will tell which of us is the true buffoon.
At best you're using revisionist history to try to sound smarter than everyone or prove a point about Bedard. Nobody at the time of the u18s thought "Damn Wright didnt drive the play " He did. The only thing that was said was that Bedard looked more dynamic.

My guess? You didnt actually watch the u18s.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I never watched the tourney, coming from you I value the assessment. You are veteran poster. Could Bedard be going the way of Shane Wright? The more we see of him the more the shine comes off him.
I think it's more that what we look at change the closer we get to the draft. Bedard isn't just evaluated on his goal scoring abilities/highlights anymore, but by how complete his game is developing and how his game will translate to the NHL.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I found Bedard very disappointing. Other than an amazing shot he didn't have much to his game IMO. I was expecting blazing speed and sick hands but didn't see that.

I guess it depends on what you were expecting. I didn't watch a ton of the tournament, but I was pretty impressed considering the relative age of the participants. Bedard only turned 17 a month ago. The fact that he was able to get his shot off the way he did and have the impact he did in what was technically his D-2 WJC is incredibly impressive. He did more in his D-2 WJC than McDavid did in his.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I guess it depends on what you were expecting. I didn't watch a ton of the tournament, but I was pretty impressed considering the relative age of the participants. Bedard only turned 17 a month ago. The fact that he was able to get his shot off the way he did and have the impact he did in what was technically his D-2 WJC is incredibly impressive. He did more in his D-2 WJC than McDavid did in his.

Also important to note that some players were 20 and a half in this tournament. Was not really an u20 tournament. More an under 21 tournament.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Its crazy how people are not factoring in his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad