montreal
Media all-star team:
G: Jesper Wallstedt (MIN)
D: Olen Zellweger (ANA)
D: Emil Andrae (PHI)
F: Mason McTavish (ANA)
F: Joakim Kemell (NSH)
F: Jan Mysak (MTL)

Anaheim is going to be a powerhouse soon.

Would not be surprise if this new core win 1 or 2 Stanley cup for Anaheim.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That could have been a possibility. Although they might have been open with him in telling him that if he doesn't get the GM gig, they still want him as an Assistant GM & Director of Amateur Scouting.

The Habs also interviewed Sedgwick for the GM gig before they finally landed on Hughes. Sedgwick still stayed even if he didn't get the job.
Sedgwick presumably stayed because he didn't get any other offers. Wasn't he a recent hire by Anaheim? I assumed Madden expected to be the next GM when he talked Bouchard into becoming their AHL coach. Of course he might just have been following the GM's orders.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Perhaps. But Montreal may soon have a power play comprised of Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, Hudson and Mailloux. Who do you defend against? This could get quite interesting.
I don't see any ''elite'' or ''franchise'' type of player with the habs. It could change with the 2023, 2024 and 2025 draft. Anaheim is way ahead of us right now.

Reactions: Nicko999

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Ever heard of Bedard Michkov and Carlsson?
Never! Who are those player??? :laugh:

You do know that we still have not drafted any of them right??

With how small both Bedard and Michkov are . I don't know if they will be ''franchise'' player.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Note: 2 Anaheim picks. What's happening with Martin Madden Jr.??? Has he re-signed with the Ducks???

Note also: we chose Dach over Kemmel with the 13th pick. We'll see how that goes...

As far as the 1st roud is concerned....today, let just pretend that we draftaed Kemell AND Kulich....we wouldn't stop drooling. We will see what Dach and Mesar will bring though.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I don't see any ''elite'' or ''franchise'' type of player with the habs. It could change with the 2023, 2024 and 2025 draft. Anaheim is way ahead of us right now.
Team building is not a sprint but a marathon. Hughes has given us the building blocks and with 4 first round draft choices over the next few years, I am as optimistic about the team’s future as I was after the 83 and 84 drafts. The biggest difference being we now have a management team populated by insightful thinkers rather than the usual ex-hockey hacks, most of whom I wouldn’t trust with the management of a bowl of potato salad let alone the management of a complex, multi- million dollar sport enterprise.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
That Mctavish save gets crazier every time I replay it. How did that not go in. He bats it down exactly on its edge, precisely on its edge, so it bounces exactly straight up. Its incredible. Once in a lifetime play. Reporters dubbed it the "Stick of God" save.
The "McTabarnak Kossé Ça" save

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Anaheim only has one. Zegras.

How many 5ft9 ''franchise'' player can you name me in the last 30 years?

Gretzky has also 6.00. Nice try..

Who cares how many? It only takes one. Patrick Kane for example. Martin St Louis is a possibility.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Kaner, Marty, Gaudreau, Point, Kucherov, Marner, Fleury, Fox, Crosby off the top of my head.

Also Zegras isnt any better than Caufield.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

Ever heard of Patrick Kane and Gaudreau?

He already weights more than both.

And who’s to say Bedard won’t get taller…

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
That Mctavish save gets crazier every time I replay it. How did that not go in. He bats it down exactly on its edge, precisely on its edge, so it bounces exactly straight up. Its incredible. Once in a lifetime play. Reporters dubbed it the "Stick of God" save.

Yes what a crazy moment that was unbelievable.

Reactions: Sagikev

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Kaner, Marty, Gaudreau, Point, Kucherov, Marner, Fleury, Fox, Crosby off the top of my head.

Also Zegras isnt any better than Caufield.
Like i said. He will be a elite player. Not '' franchise'' player like Mcdavid, Matthews, Crosby or Ovechkin.

What so hard to understand about that? If he has the same career as Patrick Kane, we would all be happy about it.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Ever heard of Patrick Kane and Gaudreau?

He already weights more than both.

And who’s to say Bedard won’t get taller…
Wait wait... you consider Gaudreau as a franchise player like Mcdavid or Crosby???? I would accept Kane and Kucherov as a Franchise player. But Gaudreau????

Like I said before, He will be Elite player. I just don't see him as a Franchise type of player. I could be wrong. We will see how he play in the NHL.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Wait wait... you consider Gaudreau as a franchise player like Mcdavid or Crosby???? I would accept Kane and Kucherov as a Franchise player. But Gaudreau????

Like I said before, He will be Elite player. I just don't see him as a Franchise type of player. I could be wrong. We will see how he play in the NHL.
I just think we don’t have the same definition of those terms

Mcdavid, Crosby, Ovenchkin are generational player.

Kane, Matthews and players like that are franchise players.

And then there’s elite players.

Reactions: Sagikev and Locks

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I just think we don’t have the same definition of those terms

Mcdavid, Crosby, Ovenchkin are generational player.

Kane, Matthews and players like that are franchise players.

And then there’s elite players.
Even with your definition of franchise. I would still not put Gaudreau near Kane or Matthews tier of player.

Reactions: DAChampion and Wats

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Anaheim is going to be a powerhouse soon.

Would not be surprise if this new core win 1 or 2 Stanley cup for Anaheim.
Olen Zellweger is about the same size as Hutson, no one is talking about his size lol, Small talented D have there place in the NHL.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Even with your definition of franchise. I would still not put Gaudreau near Kane or Matthews tier of player.
An important characteristic of true franchise players like Kane and Matthews is that they not only have impressive peaks, but that their peaks last for many years. So a GM can really build a team around them.

Kane, for example, has a slightly better career ppg than Goudreau, but his rookie year occured three years earlier, and he's now four years older. His peak is longer. Chicago has basically had an approximately 15 year window in which to build around Kane, so he's a genuine franchise player.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Olen Zellweger is about the same size as Hutson, no one is talking about his size lol, Small talented D have there place in the NHL.
They have one if they are terrific at generating offense and are pretty special cause defensively, they will always concede in term of reach and physicality. I do think Zellweger and Hutson are special talents and can suceed at the NHL level, but you cant have too many undersized defensemen on your blueline, thats reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad