Prospect Info: WJC 2020-21 - Let's Watch the Kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I expect Rossi to be able to produce even with the team he has so it’s somewhat disappointing. He lead the Uastrian team with over a ppg in the division A u20 a few years back, but the top u20 level is obviously way too much for that team. They got a forcheck going maybe 4 or 5 times, had one scoring chance (that Rossi setup), and we’re have trouble making routine passes. You’ve gotta feel for Rossi, but he also has to step up.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Gotta feel bad for Rossi at this point
True litmus test comes how they look against the Czech's. Everyone else they're going to get slaughtered. Outside of Rossi that team is just awful.

When a team is that bad and the competition is that good (SWE, RUS, USA) - you really can't expect much more than what we saw tonight from Rossi.

Reactions: Kleefeld

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I will say that he looked impressive when he get the puck in in motion, which happened a limited amount of times as his team was always chasing. He was able to pull away from the back checkers a few times. You just feel kinda bad when he dumps it into a spot and the forchecker losing the battle in the corner.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I expect Rossi to be able to produce even with the team he has so it’s somewhat disappointing. He lead the Uastrian team with over a ppg in the division A u20 a few years back, but the top u20 level is obviously way too much for that team. They got a forcheck going maybe 4 or 5 times, had one scoring chance (that Rossi setup), and we’re have trouble making routine passes. You’ve gotta feel for Rossi, but he also has to step up.
Just awful take.

Austria is a Tier 2 team playing in a group with 3 of the top 5 hockey countries in the world. Literally nobody on Austria's team aside from Rossi is drafted.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Just awful take.

Austria is a Tier 2 team playing in a group with 3 of the top 5 hockey countries in the world. Literally nobody on Austria's team aside from Rossi is drafted.
I don’t know, maybe I’m just willing to not make excuses for the guy. He’s done it at every level, and he’s being given all the opportunities to make something happen for this team. Sure, he’s not working with a lot, but it’d be nice to see him create some opportunities, which I didn’t see much today.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Caufield is one of those rare players where the puck just seems to always find him when he’s in super dangerous positions, that really can be a skill, but when he doesn’t finish it’s much more frustrating to watch. You can see him getting more and more selfish with his play as well when he doesn’t score, leads to poor decisions sometimes. Very polarizing play style for sure.

That's his greatest skill, but it comes at the expense of every other aspect of the game. He's constantly leaking out of the Dzone trying to catch a breakaway. He seldom joins the cycle in the offensive zone and almost never tries to get in on the forecheck early. He freelances around the offensive zone looking for open ice/shots. Works out great for him, not the greatest situation for his linemates.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Are you telling me he doesn’t have a ceiling of a rocket contender?
Well, if he grows 6 inches, improves his skating, and gets traded to a team like Edmonton, I could see him scoring a bunch of goals in the NHL. Otherwise I'm not so sure I would like his chances

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
upload_2020-12-27_3-4-50.gif

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Yeah there is a lot of contradicting info on who it was for, mainly from Russo, believe he was the one who floated the Askarov info. With the Wild thin at center it does seem to point to Lundell. In a couple of years this might seem dumb, but I would rather have Boldy then Lundell

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah there is a lot of contradicting info on who it was for, mainly from Russo, believe he was the one who floated the Askarov info. With the Wild thin at center it does seem to point to Lundell. In a couple of years this might seem dumb, but I would rather have Boldy then Lundell
It probably should be noted that there's also zero indication that it was in fact Boldy that was being offered.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I also don’t know how much sense Askarov would make when all indications from
Brad bombardier are that the Wild think Hunter Jones can be the goalie for the future. At least, that’s what I’ve taken from some of Russo’s interviews with him. They did trade up into the 2nd round to take him as well. Don’t see the organization looking to take a goalie in the 1st any time soon.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I also don’t know how much sense Askarov would make when all indications from
Brad bombardier are that the Wild think Hunter Jones can be the goalie for the future. At least, that’s what I’ve taken from some of Russo’s interviews with him. They did trade up into the 2nd round to take him as well. Don’t see the organization looking to take a goalie in the 1st any time soon.

My only concern with this would be wondering how much input Brackett has on our current prospects. Last draft, Brackett took Podkolzin two picks before we took Boldy. Now we had rumors that Boldy might have been discussed with Florida in a potential trade for Lundell or Askarov? I wouldn't be surprised if Brackett, as the lead amateur scouting guy, consulted on prospect related deals like that. And he didn't draft Jones, so if he finds another goalie he likes more, I don't see what's stopping him from taking that new guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad