Prospect Info: Wjc 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
On that note, Reway is dead. I don't know the stats, but it feels like he's' NEVER off the ice. Guy is going to sleep well after this tournament lol

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
what's your take on evans? dont watch much college

Well I saw one game, you see the talent, tons of things to work on and incredibly raw. Didn't get much icetime. Yet, he has 12 points in 20 games. Frankly, it's downright impressive. No matter how he plays. Evans is playing on a 3rd line with the very good Connor Hurley. Still, that's 2 young kids out there. I'd try to get more games from him. Like most kids though, tons of bulking to do.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Oilers sending Draisaitl back to the Juniors, after denying him to go to the WJ... I know about the 40 games rule, but still... "Hey we want to keep you here, we need you with the team" and then "well, go back to your junior team, by the way, sorry, Germany will be out of the main division in the WJ next year, have fun!"

He probably wouldn't have made enough of a difference in the WJ to help Germany survive the relegation round beating Switzerland, but wow...

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Oilers sending Draisaitl back to the Juniors, after denying him to go to the WJ... I know about the 40 games rule, but still... "Hey we want to keep you here, we need you with the team" and then "well, go back to your junior team, by the way, sorry, Germany will be out of the main division in the WJ next year, have fun!"

He probably wouldn't have made enough of a difference in the WJ to help Germany survive the relegation round beating Switzerland, but wow...

classic oiler hockey

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Is it wrong if I see a lot of Fleury in Fucale? Not the whole choking in the playoffs thing, but their styles seem eerily similar. Very acrobatic, extravagant, the 'anti-Price'.

Lol he's totally fleury, they are definitely similar looking

But let's not forget, I don't like fleury as much as the next guy, but it has a lot to do with our collective hate of Pittsburgh as well.. all things considered he's still a very decent goalie , a first overall pick, tons of wins thanks to stacked team (just like fucale lol) , and also a stanley cup winning goalie

Would be nice to see fucale pan out some day but truthfully I think it will be with a different franchise, hope he wins gold tho bigtime

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013

Absolutely mind-boggling. You'd think the Oilers would at least wait a few days to save face...Typical Oiler prospect mismanagement.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
On that note, Reway is dead. I don't know the stats, but it feels like he's' NEVER off the ice. Guy is going to sleep well after this tournament lol

It was hard to get a read on him,and I only saw him for the last two games.

I thought he floated a lot but it makes sense if he's on a ton and his shifts are long.

Does he have a lot of upside?

I think he'll have to get into our system over here for a real evaluation to the NA game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wow do some people hate on Fucale. over on the wjc board and prospect board they have been ripping him to shreds. The guy has stopped 67 of 69 shots he's faced, leads the tourney in gaa, save % and SO's yet they are calling for him to be benched. I don't get it.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
wow do some people hate on Fucale. over on the wjc board and prospect board they have been ripping him to shreds. The guy has stopped 67 of 69 shots he's faced, leads the tourney in gaa, save % and SO's yet they are calling for him to be benched. I don't get it.

It's because he is a little bit of a Fleury. Fast and creative, not big and boring(Price-Rinne-Godla style).

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

It's mostly jets fans, who are peeved that comrie is not starting. Similar to nucks fans during the olympics last year.

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014
where is the trade fucale, fucale won't play for the habs stuff coming from?

i believe what they're going for with him is to take over for price eventually

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

I thought he floated a lot but it makes sense if he's on a ton and his shifts are long.

I think he'll have to get into our system over here for a real evaluation to the NA game.
Well he's the captain and I believe the leading scorer on a team that was generally thought to finish in 7th/8th. Now they'll finish 3rd or 4th. I hope 3rd.

Godla and Reway are responsible for carrying Slovakia.

I agree there are times when he looks lazy on this tournament, but it honestly feels like he's on the ice every other shift. I bet he's playing close to 26 minutes a game, maybe more. I swear IIHF used to track time on ice, but I can't find it.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
That's false. McDavid (CAN), Larkin (USA) and Sorensen (DEN) have won it twice. There is no rational explanation as to why God didn't win it. :shakehead

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/417/IHM417000_85K_30_0.pdf

Michelangelo

The teams choose their own players of the game apparently, and it seems they like to spread the award around. You probably could have given it to Godla after just about every game he played, for example. But yeah he certainly deserved it last night, glad he at least got a nice ovation.

Apparently the Oilers asked Draisaitl if he wanted to play for Germany and he said no.

I'll give him a free pass for floating sometimes because he's literally the only Slovakian player capable of creating anything. He's been on an island for just about the whole tournament.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Last night Fucale handled the puck like a grenade and his rebound control was lacking. We got the benefit of the call on the no goal. As it did hit Fucale before going in the net so it very well should have been called a goal.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I can't wait for the game tonight, McDavid has impressed in every game, I'm sure he will be a nightmare for many Russian players for yrs. long after this game is WJHC history. This Team Canada will be remembered for being responsible defensively first and foremost, using their checking to create havoc and scoring opportunities, while having prolific finishing throughout the lineup. Basically the winning formula for the NHL Stanley Cup Championship teams, along with superb goaltending in place in case of a breakaway pass getting through. Go Canada Go!!!....:handclap::handclap::handclap:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I do have some concerns about his rebound control. And frankly, I would say that Comrie lost the starting job because of his 3rd period against the US. Zach needs to show better rebound control or d-men aware that he's struggling in that department.

I will watch for his rebound control more closely, have liked what I've seen from him so far although it's got to be tough if he's not tested for long periods of time. I remember when Price was in the dub and the talk about his problems with concentration. Just glad he's putting up good numbers or the wjc and prospect board would be in overdrive with the I told you.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I will watch for his rebound control more closely, have liked what I've seen from him so far although it's got to be tough if he's not tested for long periods of time. I remember when Price was in the dub and the talk about his problems with concentration. Just glad he's putting up good numbers or the wjc and prospect board would be in overdrive with the I told you.

even after him putting up fantastic numbers and playing very solidly thus far, that board is still in overdrive with completely unfounded and irrational Fucale hate so even if we win we're still gonna have to hear that extremely loud and vocal minority with all their "ooo, he scares me" and "but but but,, he let in 2 goal" nonsense.

... just like we had to hear during the Olympics about price from the hater.

haters gonna hate. even when its completely irrational and illogical to do so.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
even after him putting up fantastic numbers and playing very solidly thus far, that board is still in overdrive with completely unfounded and irrational Fucale hate so even if we win we're still gonna have to hear that extremely loud and vocal minority with all their "ooo, he scares me" and "but but but,, he let in 2 goal" nonsense.

... just like we had to hear during the Olympics about price from the hater.

haters gonna hate. even when its completely irrational and illogical to do so.

i'm used to the Habs hate at HF for all the years I've been here but with the numbers he's put up you'd think that would shut them up. Just think how bad it would be if he didn't have a .5 gaa and a .971 save %.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
i'm used to the Habs hate at HF for all the years I've been here but with the numbers he's put up you'd think that would shut them up. Just think how bad it would be if he didn't have a .5 gaa and a .971 save %.

i know right?! i know other teams hating on the Habs prospects and even some hab fans hating on our own prospects just because they wanted some one else drafted/ traded etc. is pretty normal around here.

but when it comes to team Canada, and the player in question is succeeding with flying colors so far you think they would try to suck it up, put their personal agendas aside for a sec and support Team Canada. instead they ***** and moan and pretty much are rooting for Fucale to suck just so they can say "i told you so" and act like they are all knowing about hockey because they "predicted it" ... ts really disgusting in my opinion.

Im a Habs fan and a Fucale supporter as well... and whether it was Fucale or Comrie starting tonight i would be cheering either on with my full support. both have done nothing in this tournament to warrant anything less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad