Prospect Info: Wjc 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Play the 4th line till the end of the game. 1 shift of 5 minutes for the 4th line.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Petan or De La Rose ????

Well let's say this.....I hope that they picked De La Rose thinking that he could be a top 6, that an offensive game could come. If they thought he'd be a fine 3rd liner....I don't think that's a good move. If their idea was that he had an offensive game, well it's no brainer. DLR because of an offensive game and the size and the IQ defensively. But I always say that you pick guys that are harder to get 'cause there are too great offensively and tough to acquire.

After Galchenyuk and 2012 draft, that 2013 draft is key. 3 picks in the first 36 even though the draft might not be 2015......it's huge. It has to pay off talentwise. We'll see in the long run if it does.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
McDavid had better not wind up in Buffalo. I don't know if he'll be better than Crosby but I won't rule it out.

Me wants T.Timmins draft more canadians boys. Enough of U.S.-College boys. We pass on a lot of good CHL players like Bowey, Petan, etc.

Hindsight is over 9000. Pass over who you want in the draft because Canadians just end up being superior...stands to reason, but still.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
de la rose..petan beats fucale, duclair over crisp.

actually, some posters here would look pretty good right now.

Again, let's be careful when it's solely based on WJC. Yet, I will always think talent over grit at a certain point depending of the quality of the draft. Reway was a good guess. Tons of talent, needs to perfect his game. Somehow, they took the same bet with Trunev. While we will never see the latter, we'll see about Reway. But I will always believe that at one point, the grit guys, the surefire 3rd and 4th liners, are either being available later in the draft or just simply acquired through trades or UFA. I do believe that Crisp is a need. At least, a player like Crisp, big guy, tough guy that knows how to play hockey, like a Dwight King, Jordan Nolan....But then in the 3rd round? Habs did go for talent for Andrighetto.....yet.....spending a 3rd round when they could have easily spend a 7th round on him the draft before.....Sven was showing just as much the year before than he did the year after. Habs did that with Evans though this year....spending a 7th round on him, kudos to them even though I wasn't too sure at one point. Better to do it at that point than in a 3rd round this upcoming draft....

Last edited:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Again, let's be careful when it's solely based on WJC. Yet, I will always think talent over grit at a certain point depending of the quality of the draft. Reway was a good guess. Tons of talent, needs to perfect his game. Somehow, they took the same bet with Trunev. While we will never see the latter, we'll see about Reway. But I will always believe that at one point, the grit guys, the surefire 3rd and 4th liners, are either being available later in the draft or just simply acquired through trades or UFA. I do believe that Crisp is a need. At least, a player like Crisp, big guy, tough guy that knows how to play hockey, like a Dwight King, Jordan Nolan....Habs did go for talent for Andrighetto.....yet.....spending a 3rd round when they could have easily spend a 7th round on him the draft before.....Sven was showing just as much the year before than he did the year after. Habs did that with Evans though this year....spending a 7th round on him, kudos to them even though I wasn't too sure at one point. Better to do it at that point than in a 3rd round this upcoming draft....

what's your take on evans? dont watch much college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad