Czech Republic: Wjc 2015

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I wouldn't worry that much about the ice. More about taking best players available. Swedes or Finns for example also have almost every player playing in Europe and it's no that big of a problem.

By the way, I read like a month ago an interview with Prerost saying that he'll likely take just about 4 players from Canada/US. Pastrnak, Kostalek, Zacha.. then? Karabacek, Zboril, Chlapik, Masin??? That's seven, let's hope things have changed or that he just said a number with no big thinking about it.

I agree with you to a degree. It's not extremely important but it does still play it's part. It's a combination of skill and familiarity I believe. But I think I said it because most of the talent is in North America. Therefore, it would be very stupid if he only took 4 of them. Those 7 guys HAVE to be on the team. Otherwise we could be in trouble. Especially if the other big teams have all their best.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I agree with you to a degree. It's not extremely important but it does still play it's part. It's a combination of skill and familiarity I believe. But I think I said it because most of the talent is in North America. Therefore, it would be very stupid if he only took 4 of them. Those 7 guys HAVE to be on the team. Otherwise we could be in trouble. Especially if the other big teams have all their best.

Agreed. I can't see him not taking them, especially since Karabacek and Masin have been drafted!!!!

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I really hope Boston don't hold onto Pastrnak....we really need that guy on our team!

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I really hope Boston don't hold onto Pastrnak....we really need that guy on our team!

Yeah, me too. Really want to see this guy play at WJC. Hope you guys finally get a medal, IMO this team could be able to cause some serious damage.

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
The Sea Dogs announced this afternoon that defenseman Jakub Zboril has been invited to the Czech Republic’s world junior training camp.:)
http://stationnation.blogspot.cz/2014/11/zboril-invited-to-czech-wjc-camp.html

Filip Chlapik too.
http://www.islanderscountry.ca/2014/11/filip-chlapik-invited-to-czech-republic.html

Kris Baker ‏@SabresProspects
Vaclav Karabacek invited to CZE World Junior camp.

Patrick White ‏@patwhite96
Huge congrats to my roommate and teammate @Pavel_Zacha on being invited to the World Juniors

Pavel Jenys http://www.thesudburystar.com/2014/11/28/jenys-bound-for-czech-wjc-camp

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Kris Baker ‏@SabresProspects
Vaclav Karabacek invited to CZE World Junior camp.

Patrick White ‏@patwhite96
Huge congrats to my roommate and teammate @Pavel_Zacha on being invited to the World Juniors

Pavel Jenys http://www.thesudburystar.com/2014/11/28/jenys-bound-for-czech-wjc-camp

Yeah thanks a lot man. Much appreciated. It's really good to hear that they're invited. Obviously Prerost isn't going with his original plan of taking only 4 NA guys. Thank God. Now we just need Kostalek and Masin.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I honestly think that with Pastrnak, we might have a shot at the Gold medal. If everything goes well. Without him, I don't know if I can see that happening but a medal would still be realistic. Anyways we NEED our boy Pasta.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I honestly think that with Pastrnak, we might have a shot at the Gold medal. If everything goes well. Without him, I don't know if I can see that happening but a medal would still be realistic. Anyways we NEED our boy Pasta.

Yeah, I think we can get that far too. If the core of the recent U-18 team is gonna be playing I believe we can get there. I'm not sure about winning gold, but silver or bronze for sure. I'm probably gonna end up being completely wrong, :laugh::laugh: but after two silvers in a row at the U-18 level expectations are high!

hans26

Oct 31, 2012
Yeah thanks a lot man. Much appreciated. It's really good to hear that they're invited. Obviously Prerost isn't going with his original plan of taking only 4 NA guys. Thank God. Now we just need Kostalek and Masin.

IMHO Kostalek is lock...on the other hand you never know with Prerost:laugh:

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
IMHO Kostalek is lock...on the other hand you never know with Prerost:laugh:

Serge Beausoleil ‏@SergeBeausoleil
Congratulations to Jan Kostalek attending to Czech U-20 National Team. ;)

The camp roster should be announced very soon.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Serge Beausoleil ‏@SergeBeausoleil
Congratulations to Jan Kostalek attending to Czech U-20 National Team. ;)

The camp roster should be announced very soon.

Very good. I guess this was expected but still good to hear it confirmed. He's our #1 Defenseman. Hopefully Masin gets invited too. He's incredibly important as well.

hans26

Oct 31, 2012
Nomination for the Camp:

G
Vítek Vaněček (Bílí Tygři Liberec)
Daniel Vladař (Rytíři Kladno)
Karel Vejmelka (HC ČSOB PojiÅ¡ťovna Pardubice)
Miroslav Svoboda (HC Oceláři Třinec)

D
Lukáš Klok (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Jan Štencel (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Jan Å čotka (HC ČSOB PojiÅ¡ťovna Pardubice)
Tomáš Dvořák (HC Energie Karlovy Vary)
Marek Baránek (HC VERVA Litvínov)
Jan KoÅ¡ťÃ¡lek (Rimouski, QMJHL)
Dominik Mašín (Peterborough, OHL)
Jakub Zbořil (Saint John, QMJHL)
David Němeček (Turku)

F
Jakub Vrána (Linköping, Švédsko)
David Kämpf (Piráti Chomutov)
Ondřej KaÅ¡e (Piráti Chomutov)
David Kaše (Piráti Chomutov)
Michael Å paček (HC ČSOB PojiÅ¡ťovna Pardubice)
Daniel Voženílek (HC ČSOB PojiÅ¡ťovna Pardubice)
Pavel Zacha (Sarnia, OHL)
Václav Karabáček (Gatineau, QMJHL)
Jan Mandát (Val´d-Or, QMJHL)
Pavel Jenyš (Sudbury, OHL)
Filip Chlapík (Charlottetown, QMJHL)
Dominik Kubalík (HC Å koda Plzeň)
Roman Přikryl (HC Å koda Plzeň)
Miroslav Indrák (HC Å koda Plzeň)
Marek Růžička (HC Oceláři Třinec)
Patrik Zdráhal (HC Vítkovice Steel)
Lukáš Vopelka (Örebrö, Švédsko)
Sebastian Gorčík (HC Energie Karlovy Vary)
David Pastrňák (Boston Bruins)

They said there is communication between Czech association and Boston Bruins yet, but still they don't know (1-2 weeks they will know more).

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
Pre-Tournament Schedule:
Dec. 13: start of the camp (Rokycany/Czech Republic)
Dec. 14: first cut (8 D, 15 F)
Dec. 16: final roster (3 G, 7 D, 13 F)
Dec. 17: departure
Dec. 19: exhibition game vs. Finland (Napanee)
Dec. 23: exhibition game vs. Slovakia (Peterborough)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Nomination for the Camp:

They said there is communication between Czech association and Boston Bruins yet, but still they don't know (1-2 weeks they will know more).

Looks good. Anyone left off who should have been there? Fingers crossed they release Pastrnak.

hans26

Oct 31, 2012
Looks good. Anyone left off who should have been there?

I don't think there is some big omission.. Maybe Pyrochta could get a chance at camp.

I'm little bit worried about final roster, there is always something horryfying with Přerost..

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Looks good so far.. we'll see at the final cut.. just hope Nemecek won't get in

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
Looks good so far.. we'll see at the final cut.. just hope Nemecek won't get in

Unfortunately Nemecek is a lock. Prerost obviously likes him (he was at the WJC last year, played big minutes this year, even in first PP unit). It looks like Baranek, Dvorak and Zboril will fight for the 7th spot.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Looks good. Anyone left off who should have been there? Fingers crossed they release Pastrnak.

I'm actually kind of surprised that Rasner didn't get there. Pyrochta MAYBE should have had a chance. Nemecek should've never been invited. But defensively I think most of the best guys will be chosen. Not a whole lot to choose from. And Zboril has to be there imo. He could possibly be the 2nd best Defenseman we have, after Kostalek. So to me it wouldn't make sense to leave him out.

Offensively I'm very worried. I feel like Prerost is going to leave out some good players (chlapik, Jenys, Spacek) and keep guys like ruzicka, vozenilek, and indrak. That would be really tough for me to accept. Hopefully its not going to happen.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Unfortunately Nemecek is a lock. Prerost obviously likes him (he was at the WJC last year, played big minutes this year, even in first PP unit). It looks like Baranek, Dvorak and Zboril will fight for the 7th spot.

I know he likes him.. you're probably right that he's pretty much locked even though he shouldn't have been anywhere close to national team.

hans26

Oct 31, 2012
Offensively I'm very worried. I feel like Prerost is going to leave out some good players (chlapik, Jenys, Spacek) and keep guys like ruzicka, vozenilek, and indrak.

This.

Damn we desperately need Jakub Petr as a U20 head coach.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I'm actually kind of surprised that Rasner didn't get there. Pyrochta MAYBE should have had a chance. Nemecek should've never been invited. But defensively I think most of the best guys will be chosen. Not a whole lot to choose from. And Zboril has to be there imo. He could possibly be the 2nd best Defenseman we have, after Kostalek. So to me it wouldn't make sense to leave him out.

Offensively I'm very worried. I feel like Prerost is going to leave out some good players (chlapik, Jenys, Spacek) and keep guys like ruzicka, vozenilek, and indrak. That would be really tough for me to accept. Hopefully its not going to happen.

Well, Rasner and Pyrochta will be there next year. I'm maybe little surprised Cermak didn't make the camp. I don't really mind those three guys not being there but I do mind Nemecek being there over them. I don't want to sound as a big hater of him but I do vividly remember his performances last WJC. And this time with a team and ambitions like this, some of those mistakes could be fatal for us. Maybe he proves me wrong.

I strongly believe Chlapik and Spacek will be there, even Prerost isn't that stupid to leave them out. He must know how talented '97s are.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad