Czech Republic: Wjc 2015

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Here we are again. Disappointed with todays loss but it's nice to say we have nothing to be ashamed of (well maybe except for the Germany match :laugh: .. but things like that just happens once in a while). I think that last three WJCs were pretty entertaining for us, in each of them we beated at least once team out of TOP6 and we were pretty close to advance to semifinals twice. Too bad it didn't click but I strongly believe it will in 2015.
That team looks really good on paper at this time. Primarily it looks like we could have one of the best defense we have had in like 5 years at least (still not very good though). And the forwards group looks maybe even better than it was last year. Goalies will be interesting but I think Vanecek will get number one spot, Vladar could be also in the consideration despite he's 1997.

Goalies

Vitek Vanecek (1996)
Karel Vejmelka (1996)
Daniel Vladar (1997)
Rene Svoboda (1995)

Defense

Jan Kostalek (1995)
Dominik Masin (1996)
Tomas Havlin (1996)
Tomas Andrlik (1995)
Jan Stencel (1995)
Jakub Zboril (1997)
Tomas Dvorak (1995)
Lukas Klok (1995)
Filip Pyrochta (1996)

Forwards

David Pastrnak (1996)
Jakub Vrana (1996)
Dominik Kubalik (1995)
Miroslav Indrak (1995)
David Kampf (1995)
Ondrej Kase (1995)
Pavel Zacha (1997)
Vaclav Karabacek (1996)
Lukas Vopelka (1996)
Jan Mandat (1995)
Patrik Zdrahal (1995)
Pavel Jenys (1996)
Michael Spacek (1997)
Lubos Rob (1995)
Martin Kohout (1995)
Simon Stransky (1997)

And one more thing. I don't know what the contract with Prerost is but I would like to see a new coach on the bench next year.

Feel free to post your opinions :)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
And one more thing. I don't know what the contract with Prerost is but I would like to see a new coach on the bench next year.

Apparently no-one wanted the job after he quit last year. We can wish for a new coach but if no-one wants the job then Prerost it is. Tbh I don't mind him that much, he's been with the U-20's for the last 4 championships and since I started watching the World Juniors in 2009 our guys have been slowly, but steadily improving. Next year we may finally get to the semis (if not, then very soon-I feel like we're close).

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Here we are again. Disappointed with todays loss but it's nice to say we have nothing to be ashamed of (well maybe except for the Germany match :laugh: .. but things like that just happens once in a while). I think that last three WJCs were pretty entertaining for us, in each of them we beated at least once team out of TOP6 and we were pretty close to advance to semifinals twice. Too bad it didn't click but I strongly believe it will in 2015.
That team looks really good on paper at this time. Primarily it looks like we could have one of the best defense we have had in like 5 years at least (still not very good though). And the forwards group looks maybe even better than it was last year. Goalies will be interesting but I think Vanecek will get number one spot, Vladar could be also in the consideration despite he's 1997.

Goalies

Vitek Vanecek (1996)
Karel Vejmelka (1996)
Daniel Vladar (1997)
Rene Svoboda (1995)

Defense

Jan Kostalek (1995)
Dominik Masin (1996)
Tomas Havlin (1996)
Tomas Andrlik (1995)
Jan Stencel (1995)
Jakub Zboril (1997)
Tomas Dvorak (1995)
Lukas Klok (1995)
Filip Pyrochta (1996)

Forwards

David Pastrnak (1996)
Jakub Vrana (1996)
Dominik Kubalik (1995)
Miroslav Indrak (1995)
David Kampf (1995)
Ondrej Kase (1995)
Pavel Zacha (1997)
Vaclav Karabacek (1996)
Lukas Vopelka (1996)
Jan Mandat (1995)
Patrik Zdrahal (1995)
Pavel Jenys (1996)
Michael Spacek (1997)
Lubos Rob (1995)
Martin Kohout (1995)
Simon Stransky (1997)

No Šulák? Then we are doomed...:help:

:)

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

Goalies

Vitek Vanecek (1996)
Karel Vejmelka (1996)
Daniel Vladar (1997)
Rene Svoboda (1995)

Defense

Jan Kostalek (1995)
Dominik Masin (1996)
Tomas Havlin (1996)
Tomas Andrlik (1995)
Jan Stencel (1995)
Jakub Zboril (1997)
Tomas Dvorak (1995)
Lukas Klok (1995)
Filip Pyrochta (1996)

Forwards

David Pastrnak (1996)
Jakub Vrana (1996)
Dominik Kubalik (1995)
Miroslav Indrak (1995)
David Kampf (1995)
Ondrej Kase (1995)
Pavel Zacha (1997)
Vaclav Karabacek (1996)
Lukas Vopelka (1996)
Jan Mandat (1995)
Patrik Zdrahal (1995)
Pavel Jenys (1996)
Michael Spacek (1997)
Lubos Rob (1995)
Martin Kohout (1995)
Simon Stransky (1997)

This group, if coached properly and gets a good goaltending performance from whoever plays, could definitely make the final. I think.

Also think Filip Chlapik will be included. tough to say though.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Zacha and Spacek will be huge contributors as well. Spacek is a sick player too. Had 6 goals in 4 games for the Czech U-17 team in a tourny not long ago. Also has 17 points in 15 games in Czech U-20 league. Pretty darn good for a 16 year old. Filip Chlapik isnt too far behind

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Zacha and Spacek will be huge contributors as well. Spacek is a sick player too. Had 6 goals in 4 games for the Czech U-17 team in a tourny not long ago. Also has 17 points in 15 games in Czech U-20 league. Pretty darn good for a 16 year old. Filip Chlapik isnt too far behind

In 12 months Simon Stransky is better player than Spacek and Chlapik.

Babula

May 31, 2012

Prerost will continue :) And I'm still wonder what about A.Musil...? He is not in Canada U-18 invitee not even in Czech U-18 for WJC 2014. Anyway he is eligible for 2015 again. Maybe next year he will represent at IIHF tournament for first time...

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Is Adam Musil even eligible for the Czech republic?

According to the IIHF rules as a double citizen he would have to have played 2 full years in CZE starting from when he was 12 years old.

When a player has multiple citizenships where the relevant citizenships are for countries of Member National Associations and he has never represented any country in any IIHF championship or an Olympic competition or in qualifications to these competitions, then in order to play for the country of his choice he must
a) prove that he has participated on a consistent basis, for at least two consecutive years (730 days) after his 12th birthday in the national competitions of and be a legal resident in the country that he wishes to represent during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey for a team registered/located within any other country; and
b) if the country of his choice is one to which the player has transferred then he must have had an international transfer that was approved by the IIHF and dated at least two years (730 days) prior to his proposed participation.

Didn't he return to Canada at the same time that David started playing in WHL which was in autumn 2009 and which would make Adam 12 at that time and therefore ineligible for CZE?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Vrana - Chlapik - Pastrňák
Karabáček - Jenys - Zacha
Kubalik - Vopelka - Spacek
Kase - Kämpf - Zdrahal

Stencel - Masin
Zbořil - Kostalek
Cermak - Rasner

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
Vrana - Chlapik - Pastrňák
Karabáček - Jenys - Zacha
Kubalik - Vopelka - Spacek
Kase - Kämpf - Zdrahal

Stencel - Masin
Zbořil - Kostalek
Cermak - Rasner

Prediction of roster, not my opinion.

G: M. Svoboda, Vanecek, Vladar
D: Klok, Kostalek, Scotka, Stencel, Nemecek, Masin, Dvorak (Baranek)
F: O. Kase, Kampf, Vrana, Zacha, Mandat, Pastrnak, Kubalik, D. Kase, Indrak, Vozenilek, Ruzicka, Gorcik, Spacek (Karabacek, Zdrahal, Prikryl)

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Prediction of roster, not my opinion.

G: M. Svoboda, Vanecek, Vladar
D: Klok, Kostalek, Scotka, Stencel, Nemecek, Masin, Dvorak (Baranek)
F: O. Kase, Kampf, Vrana, Zacha, Mandat, Pastrnak, Kubalik, D. Kase, Indrak, Vozenilek, Ruzicka, Gorcik, Spacek (Karabacek, Zdrahal, Prikryl)

This would be pretty bad. No Zboril, no Chlapik, no Karabacek... Nemecek or Mandat in.. but I know it's just your prediction and sadly, I wouldn't be too surprised if it's gonna look something like that.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Right now I would like to see something like this:

Goalies: Vanecek, Vladar

Defense: Kostalek, Klok, Masin, Stencel, Zboril, Scotka (Dvorak, Rasner, Pyrochta, Cermak...)

Forwards: Vrana, Pastrnak, Zacha, Karabacek, O.Kase, Kampf, Spacek, Kubalik, Chlapik and then someone of D.Kase, Ruzicka, Indrak, Vopelka, Jenys and some others

This team could make some noise, best talent and skill in years

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I feel reasonably confident in saying that we should bring back a medal this year:handclap:

This year it sure is quite a reasonable statement, not just wishful thinking ;) but the competiton will be hard, at least finally reaching sem-final would be cool. That would mean two more matches.. all I want :)

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Is Adam Musil even eligible for the Czech republic?

According to the IIHF rules as a double citizen he would have to have played 2 full years in CZE starting from when he was 12 years old.

When a player has multiple citizenships where the relevant citizenships are for countries of Member National Associations and he has never represented any country in any IIHF championship or an Olympic competition or in qualifications to these competitions, then in order to play for the country of his choice he must
a) prove that he has participated on a consistent basis, for at least two consecutive years (730 days) after his 12th birthday in the national competitions of and be a legal resident in the country that he wishes to represent during which period he has neither transferred to another country nor played ice hockey for a team registered/located within any other country; and
b) if the country of his choice is one to which the player has transferred then he must have had an international transfer that was approved by the IIHF and dated at least two years (730 days) prior to his proposed participation.

Didn't he return to Canada at the same time that David started playing in WHL which was in autumn 2009 and which would make Adam 12 at that time and therefore ineligible for CZE?

As i know, Adam Musil played already for Canada on last year WhCH and this summer on Hlinka Memorial. So it is obvious, he sees his future as a member of team Canada.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
This year it sure is quite a reasonable statement, not just wishful thinking ;) but the competiton will be hard, at least finally reaching sem-final would be cool. That would mean two more matches.. all I want :)

Haha, what we all want :D Not long to wait either :handclap::handclap:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Not only is this Czech team going to be one of the best in 10+ years, but this entire tournament is going to be one to remember.
Two generational talents in McDavid and Eichel, who will be playing against each other in the same group, duking it out for the top draft spot.
But I also believe that the 6 powers are all well capable of winning the gold medal.
It really is going to be a beauty.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Right now I would like to see something like this:

Goalies: Vanecek, Vladar

Defense: Kostalek, Klok, Masin, Stencel, Zboril, Scotka (Dvorak, Rasner, Pyrochta, Cermak...)

Forwards: Vrana, Pastrnak, Zacha, Karabacek, O.Kase, Kampf, Spacek, Kubalik, Chlapik and then someone of D.Kase, Ruzicka, Indrak, Vopelka, Jenys and some others

This team could make some noise, best talent and skill in years

I would love to see this line up, although I believe that Jasek gets the nod ahead of D.Kase. I worry that Pastrnak wont be allowed to play, and that Prerost will bring guys in like Mandat over Chlapik or Spacek. If he has half a brain, he will pick the lineup that you have posted. Any other combination, and I worry about our chances to win a medal. I think we could even win Gold with a bit of luck.

Which Ruzicka? Marek? I would like to see the mediocre 19 year olds left out to be honest. What good are they? The tournament is on small ice and guys like Chlapik, Zboril, and Karabacek are much more familiar with it. Making them more valuable. Not to mention, they're dominating it. (Chlapik especially).

This is my lineup

O.Kase-Kampf-Vrana
Kubalik-Zacha-Pastrnak
Karabacek-Chlapik-Spacek
D.Kase/Jasek-Prikryl-Zdrahal
Jenys

Stencel-Masin
Zboril-Kostalek
Rasner-Scotka
Klok

Vanecek, Vladar

Last edited:

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I would love to see this line up, although I believe that Jasek gets the nod ahead of D.Kase. I worry that Pastrnak wont be allowed to play, and that Prerost will bring guys in like Mandat over Chlapik or Spacek. If he has half a brain, he will pick the lineup that you have posted. Any other combination, and I worry about our chances to win a medal. I think we could even win Gold with a bit of luck.

Which Ruzicka? Marek? I would like to see the mediocre 19 year olds left out to be honest. What good are they? The tournament is on small ice and guys like Chlapik, Zboril, and Karabacek are much more familiar with it. Making them more valuable. Not to mention, they're dominating it. (Chlapik especially).

This is my lineup

O.Kase-Kampf-Vrana
Kubalik-Zacha-Pastrnak
Karabacek-Chlapik-Spacek
D.Kase/Jasek-Prikryl-Zdrahal
Jenys

Stencel-Masin
Zboril-Kostalek
Rasner-Scotka
Klok

Vanecek, Vladar

I also worry that Prerost will get preference to older players. Spacek is pretty safe IMO since he plays regularly in Extraliga and makes points but I'm not so sure about Chlapik. And for our defense and the whole team is essential to have a player like Zboril, let's hope Prerost isn't stupid enough not to take him.
And yeah, I meant Marek Ruzicka but it's just one of possibilities, we don't have that much of a dept. We got great TOP6 guys and very good TOP9.. but it will be interesting who will get the few last spots, cause there is not very big difference between those guys. And while we're at it, Zdrahal isn't that good either but I'm sure he'll be there just because he played last year, that's how it goes. And that's why I'm really affraid that also even Nemecek will be brought.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I also worry that Prerost will get preference to older players. Spacek is pretty safe IMO since he plays regularly in Extraliga and makes points but I'm not so sure about Chlapik. And for our defense and the whole team is essential to have a player like Zboril, let's hope Prerost isn't stupid enough not to take him.
And yeah, I meant Marek Ruzicka but it's just one of possibilities, we don't have that much of a dept. We got great TOP6 guys and very good TOP9.. but it will be interesting who will get the few last spots, cause there is not very big difference between those guys. And while we're at it, Zdrahal isn't that good either but I'm sure he'll be there just because he played last year, that's how it goes. And that's why I'm really affraid that also even Nemecek will be brought.

It's all about the North American small ice. The ones who play on it regularly, or have played in it before, should be strongly considered. It wouldn't make any sense at all to leave out Zboril or Chlapik. They are so much better then many of the other players.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
It's all about the North American small ice. The ones who play on it regularly, or have played in it before, should be strongly considered. It wouldn't make any sense at all to leave out Zboril or Chlapik. They are so much better then many of the other players.

I wouldn't worry that much about the ice. More about taking best players available. Swedes or Finns for example also have almost every player playing in Europe and it's no that big of a problem.

By the way, I read like a month ago an interview with Prerost saying that he'll likely take just about 4 players from Canada/US. Pastrnak, Kostalek, Zacha.. then? Karabacek, Zboril, Chlapik, Masin??? That's seven, let's hope things have changed or that he just said a number with no big thinking about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad