WJC: WJC 2012 - possible teams?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Looking at team Sweden, there are seven possible repeats from this years championship?

Adam Larsson (D)
Patrik Nemeth (D)
John Klingberg (D)

Max Friberg (LW/RW)
Gabriel Landeskog (RW)
Johan Larsson (LW/C)
Rickard Rakell (RW)
Johan Sundström (C/W)

Is Victor Fasth eligible?

Other possible players in 2012

Victor Rask
Mika Zibanejad
Oscar Klefbom
Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall
Fredrik Claesson
Johan Sundström
Jonas Brodin
Patrik Norén
Rasmus Bengtsson
Victor Berglind
Joachim Nermark
Marcus Sörensen
Victor Arvidsson

Add more..

How's team Canada looking? I heard that Russia only have one player coming back next season, is that true?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, Russia has only Kuznetsov as a possibility.

Sweden will be strong as usual,

at goal we have Gustafsson and Gunnarsson

at defense there are Nemeth, Berglind, Claesson, Brodin, J.Klingberg, Granberg, Bengtsson, Klefbom, Noren and maybe A.Larsson(NHL)

and forwards: Nordstrom, J.Larsson, Rensfeldt, Rakell, Zibanejad, Oberg, Sundstrom, Friberg, Thorell, A.Pettersson, Rask, Nermark, Ponthus Westerholm, Patrik Westerholm, Ohman, M.Sorensen, Arvidsson, Collberg, F.Forsberg, D.Pettersson, Boyce, Westin maybe Landeskog(NHL).

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

at defense there are Nemeth, Berglind, Claesson, Brodin, J.Klingberg, Granberg, Bengtsson, Klefbom, Noren and maybe A.Larsson(NHL)

and forwards: Nordstrom, J.Larsson, Rensfeldt, Rakell, Zibanejad, Oberg, Sundstrom, Friberg, Thorell, A.Pettersson, Rask, Nermark, Ponthus Westerholm, Patrik Westerholm, Ohman, M.Sorensen, Arvidsson, Collberg, F.Forsberg, D.Pettersson, Boyce, Westin maybe Landeskog(NHL).

We could potentially have a stronger team next year, than we had this year.:nod:

I wish there'd be a rule that all NHL-teams had to release their juniors to the JWC.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
We could potentially have a stronger team next year, than we had this year.:nod:

I wish there'd be a rule that all NHL-teams had to release their juniors to the JWC.

It would be great but remember Grand Forks? Yeah Canada would do that everytime.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
It would be great but remember Grand Forks? Yeah Canada would do that everytime.

Uhm...do I remember what?

Irregardless; it would be the best juniors in the world. Now there'll always be people saying: "well, if we could have all the best guys currently in the NHL, we would've won".

C'mon, all NHL-teams could be without their juniors for like 10-12 days. The SEL release their juniors, and I bet that they rely more on them than NHL-teams do on theirs.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009

Irregardless; it would be the best juniors in the world. Now there'll always be people saying: "well, if we could have all the best guys currently in the NHL, we would've won".

C'mon, all NHL-teams could be without their juniors for like 10-12 days. The SEL release their juniors, and I bet that they rely more on them than NHL-teams do on theirs.

Canada outscored their opponents 42-7 in Grand Forks and stomped Russia in the gold medal game 6-1. NHL owners won't loan these players and I wouldn't either if I were them. Do you think Colorado wants to loan Duchene off for 3 weeks in the middle of the season? He's their best player and many of these are important pieces to their squads and in the NHL today every game means so much with the standings always so close. I'm not disagreeing with you in the sense that it would be great to see all the best juniors in the world, but we'll never see it and I can't say I blame the owners for it.

Also, as a Wild fan I watched Johan Larsson closely. Had no idea what to expect and what role he would play on the team but he played big minutes, and as a wing took big face-offs and led the tournament in percentage. Think down the road in say 2-3 years he could turn out to be a good pro?

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

If the NHL released their juniors, Canada would win every year.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
I consider this to be tournament for kids who aren`t good enough for NHL. Juniors allready in NHL are irrelevant for WJC.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

IMHO, Russia will be better than this year, the only huge absence - Tarasenko - well how about Yakupov, Namestnikov, Hohlachev as his replacements...we WILL have a great team next year, possibly deeper than the first place team today. I just hope Makarov, Eremin or whomever will come through as a legit n.1 goalie.

eberle 144

Dec 22, 2010
how could we not win if the NHL released all the Canadian players. It would be an NHL team versus a Jr team.

torontosports10

Mar 6, 2009
Nope, its just the truth.

Imagine adding Duchene,Hall,Seguin,O'Reilly,Kane,Skinner to this years team. (one other but cant remember who)

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I think Campbell, Iles, Faulk, Merrill, Forbort, Etem and Bjugstad are eligible for USA next year, there might be a couple more.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
IMHO, Russia will be better than this year, the only huge absence - Tarasenko - well how about Yakupov, Namestnikov, Hohlachev as his replacements...we WILL have a great team next year, possibly deeper than the first place team today. I just hope Makarov, Eremin or whomever will come through as a legit n.1 goalie.

It's great to see the Russian hockey blooming once again:)

how could we not win if the NHL released all the Canadian players. It would be an NHL team versus a Jr team.

You're not the only team with players in the NHL you know. And in this years WJC there were several players on team Canada that had played in the NHL this season, and they didn't stand out.

I think you are overrating juniors in the NHL, and underrating those that aren't in the NHL. Team Russia beat a KHL-team (can't remember which) with like 5-1 before the tournament. Heck; Sweden had Friberg who plays third tier hockey in Sweden, and he outperformed guys that have played in the NHL.

I think Campbell, Iles, Faulk, Merrill, Forbort, Etem and Bjugstad are eligible for USA next year, there might be a couple more.

I hate how calm, composed and even arrogant Faulk is with the puck, makes me want to kill him!;)

antidotevsk

May 10, 2009
Voskresensk, Russia
Russia's team for the next WJC won't be worse.
Kuznetsov, Namestnikov, Yakupov, Khoklachev, possibly Galchenyuk, Telegin, guys from Red Army Gusev, Prokhorkin, Kucherov, Grigorenko. and others.
It will be rather good and balanced team!

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It's great to see the Russian hockey blooming once again:)

You're not the only team with players in the NHL you know. And in this years WJC there were several players on team Canada that had played in the NHL this season, and they didn't stand out.

I think you are overrating juniors in the NHL, and underrating those that aren't in the NHL. Team Russia beat a KHL-team (can't remember which) with like 5-1 before the tournament. Heck; Sweden had Friberg who plays third tier hockey in Sweden, and he outperformed guys that have played in the NHL.

I hate how calm, composed and even arrogant Faulk is with the puck, makes me want to kill him!;)
It was Spartak Moscow

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Imagine adding Duchene,Hall,Seguin,O'Reilly,Kane,Skinner to this years team. (one other but cant remember who)

The other is Kyle Clifford :sarcasm:
When will the goons be in WJC roster?

Finland returnees:

(Mikael Granlund)
Pulkkinen
Donskoi
Armia
Salomäki

Määttä

Aittokallio

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Goalkeepers
  • Oskar Sehlsted
  • Johan Mattsson
  • Jonas Gunnarsson
  • Marcus Due-Boje
  • Johan Gustafsson

Defensemen
  • Kalle Johansson
  • John Persson
  • Patrik Norén
  • Oscar Klefblom
  • Jonas Brodin
  • Victor Berglind
  • Adam Larsson
  • Patrik Nemeth
  • John Klingberg
  • Fredrik Claesson
  • Rasmus Bengtsson
  • Jonathan Zaar(if healthy)
  • Ricard Blidstrand

Forwards
  • Sebastian Collberg
  • Erik Thorell
  • Victor Rask
  • Max Friberg
  • Gabriel Landeskog
  • Johan Larsson
  • Rickard Rakell
  • Johan Sundström
  • Ludvig Rensfeldt
  • Marcus Sörensen
  • Mika Zibanejad
  • Daniel Mannberg
  • Adam Pettersson
  • Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall
  • Linus Werneman
  • Joakim Nordström
  • Sebastian Dyk
  • Pathrik Westerholm
  • Ponthus Westerholm
  • Victor Öhman

All have a great shot at making the team.

Maybees:

• Simon Zurawski - Linköping
  • Tim Harrysson - Linköping
  • Adam Björklund - Bofors
  • Sebastian Höglund - Almtuna
  • Roger Olsson - Malmö
  • Mikael Wikstrand - Mora
  • Jonas Emmerdahl - VästerÃ¥s
  • Patrik Näslund - Växsjö
  • William Karlsson - VästerÃ¥s

I'm sure i've forgot many players.

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I know that's what you Canadians want to believe:)

The Canadians would have had Matt Duchene, Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin, Jeff Skinner, Evander Kane, Ryan O'Reilly....

They literally would have had, AT LEAST, 5 players as good or better than Brayden Schenn.

Russia had to come from behind against a collapsing, beat up team as it is. Nobody would stand a chance.

Sweden would get Paajarvi and Ekman-Larsson, who would Russia get? Burmistrov? Americans get Fowler?

Not enough.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
The Canadians would have had Matt Duchene, Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin, Jeff Skinner, Evander Kane, Ryan O'Reilly....

They literally would have had, AT LEAST, 5 players as good or better than Brayden Schenn.

Russia had to come from behind against a collapsing, beat up team as it is. Nobody would stand a chance.

Sweden would get Paajarvi and Ekman-Larsson, who would Russia get? Burmistrov? Americans get Fowler?

Not enough.

Josefson too if he wasn't injured.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Josefson too if he wasn't injured.

Still, the other teams would get utterly erased.

One NHL PPG player (Duchene), one guy who's going to push close to 30 goals (Kane), two guys who are probably going to hit 20 as first year teenagers (Hall, Skinner) and arguably the best available shutdown centre for any team (O'Reilly).

Those guys replace PPG players at this years tournament in the top-six.

Be thankful that teams don't release their junior eligibles, Swedes and Ruskies. That's all I'm going to say.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
So... Any lists for who could play for Canada in 2012? Returnees?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad