GDT: WJC ‘23

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Still not a fan of 3 on 3 OT. But f***ing WHOOT!

Huge respect to Team Czechia. I really enjoyed watching this team and their simple, hard game. Canada deserved to win but full credit to a team that would not go away.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Scoring points normalized in the medal rounds. Canada got more balanced scoring which was critical. Saw a tournament for the ages for a 17 year old. But the older guys came through this game and semi-final.

Reactions: bellagiobob

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Bedard = Yakupov

Way too small and slow to ever be a superstar at the NHL level. Was completely invisible in all the difficult games this tournament, even if he put up 1+1 the other night against USA.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Bedard sure got little done in any of the big games in the tournament. If one wasn't listening to the hype all game you'd hardly notice him. Half a dozen Canadian players were better in the most of this game I watched. Canada doesn't get anything without local kid Guenther being a hero. Bedard too busy trying fancy dan moves. I don't Bedard was even ever close to scoring one in this game.

Reactions: MessierII

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Win as a team. Celebrate as a team.

It ain't easy to be an elite Canadian hockey player. Media will trip over themselves to hype and many fans will also fawn over and help to nudge into hyberbole. Full credit to Bedard in likely the biggest moment of his life as a 17 year old kid stop this interview in her track to re-set the discussion to focus on team achievement. Incredible composure for the kid to do so. It's a trait we've seen in all of Canada's most elite who come into public attention at a grossly young age.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Bedard sure got little done in any of the big games in the tournament. If one wasn't listening to the hype all game you'd hardly notice him. Half a dozen Canadian players were better in the most of this game I watched. Canada doesn't get anything without local kid Guenther being a hero. Bedard too busy trying fancy dan moves. I don't Bedard was even ever close to scoring one in this game.
Little done? 2G 1A first elimination game. 1G 1A in the semis, and no points but set his line mates up for point bank chances 3 times tonight.

Can you imagine saying he did little?

Best preformance in a world junior by a Canadian ever. Top preformance out of any player this tournament.

Smashed how many records this tournament?

17 years old

Little done lol might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I had to laugh when they were quoting Williams something "ya i took 4 Seattle players to make it easier on my club, although that didn't seem to stop them". lol

Was good to see the Czech program back up and running. If they would've had another one or two game breaking type of players up front they would've been a pretty damn good team overall.

Bedard = Yakupov

Way too small and slow to ever be a superstar at the NHL level. Was completely invisible in all the difficult games this tournament, even if he put up 1+1 the other night against USA.
If Yakupov had the IQ Bedard has he would've probably scored 40 goals in a season in the NHL by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad