With the Trade Deadline slowly approaching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Paarjarvi has some potential, I'd wouldn't mind the pick, and like Wennberg said he's better than Tropp and Boll, so why not?

thebus2288*

Boumeester+Oshie for Wiz+Wennberg/Atkinson+Golobeuf+2nd

Wanting to trade Johnson(or Murray's knee, or Tyutin, or Savard, or Cannauton) over Wisniewski is crazy tall. We have multiple defenseman that could fill the "hole" that would be created if Wiz were gone. Would Wiz be able to step up and fill the minutes that Johnson plays? Or the minutes Savard HAS been playing for nearly 2 years? ****, you think Johnson's +/- is bad haha. You guys have to admit that his value to this team isn't as big as it once was.

Look at our powerplay this year. And you cant tell me Wisniewski is the 1 making it all happen out there. A healthy Savard and Murray is huge for the team going forward. Along with Tyutin and Johnson. And Prout and Cannauton.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
What is the infatuation with Oshie? This isn't the Olympics where he gets 15 shoot out chances per game. I would add that the trade proposed by theBus222222222 is at its best a bad trade. But I know it's part of the Dump Wiz anytime campaign.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe people are cheating a bit towards Wiz and his shot, thus opening up more lanes and more opportunities? Wiz is valuable and he's playing pretty good in all areas. No need to trade him.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe people are cheating a bit towards Wiz and his shot, thus opening up more lanes and more opportunities? Wiz is valuable and he's playing pretty good in all areas. No need to trade him.

All but one of us understands this.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Trading anyone off our roster is counter productive. We're not that deep, we need to move prospects or picks (cause NO ONE is going to be wanting any of our bottom 6 at all), which i have complete and total faith we will not do even though we need to if we actually want to do anything in the playoffs other then hope and pray Bob steals us all the rounds

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The Jackets are the hottest team in the NHL right now.... My gut says JD won't do a damn thing at the trade deadline but if we are in playoff position he better make a move..

Goal scoring in the playoffs is the hardest thing to do, get a goal scorer after vetting for injuries or attitude...

The hottest team who still can't gain anything in the standings because teams ahead are just as hot.

I still think they are sellers at the deadline for at least a couple of pieces. The dominating win over Boston was still a fluke in my mind and their goal differential is still terrible.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
don't say we can't gain anything...we gained 7 points during the month...we're right there...we're getting healthy, the Caps and Rags pretty much had a full contingent...in theory we should keep things going when we get Letestu and Arty back next month...we get better, while they should drop eventually...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
don't say we can't gain anything...we gained 7 points during the month...we're right there...we're getting healthy, the Caps and Rags pretty much had a full contingent...in theory we should keep things going when we get Letestu and Arty back next month...we get better, while they should drop eventually...

I admire your optimism. Forgetting about who is hot and who is going to stay hot, the math is definitely not in our favor.

Assume it will take 93 points to make it, the Jackets need to play at a 1.25 ppg pace while the Rangers have to play 1.11 and the Caps 1.09. Said another way we have to be 10% better than both of them to move into either 3rd or a WC. Same pretty much applies to Toronto, Boston and Florida. Doable yes, difficult yes. I know its been done before but you play with fire long enough you're going to get burned.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Luck will only carry the team so far. The team is relatively healthy now except at center and they have been winning by the skin of their teeth. In theory this team should have never dug the hole they did but the game isn't played on paper and theories.

My point is that they have won a lot of games recently but how they have won them has been quite ugly with a ton of luck. Boston was an anomaly until they prove otherwise but they need to start winning games without luck to be a serious contender to make up the gap they have right now.

In the same way people claim NYR or Washington can't keep up this pace, I don't see how it's possible the CBJ keep it up.

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
All but one of us understands this.

Au contraire

Please expound on how confident you are as a rolling/bouncing puck approaches him at the point. He stops that puck 0 out of 100 tries.

He's the slowest player on the team.

Every game he gets rag-dolled below our goal line.

It is commonplace for him to take bad penalties like the other night where he took 2 separate ones on the same play because a forward had the audacity to push back trying to set up in front of Bob.

Trade him while he has some value.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I admire your optimism. Forgetting about who is hot and who is going to stay hot, the math is definitely not in our favor.

Assume it will take 93 points to make it, the Jackets need to play at a 1.25 ppg pace while the Rangers have to play 1.11 and the Caps 1.09. Said another way we have to be 10% better than both of them to move into either 3rd or a WC. Same pretty much applies to Toronto, Boston and Florida. Doable yes, difficult yes. I know its been done before but you play with fire long enough you're going to get burned.

not saying we're a shoe-in, but I am saying that you can't say we didn't make up any ground, we just didn't make up how much we hoped to...

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Au contraire

Please expound on how confident you are as a rolling/bouncing puck approaches him at the point. He stops that puck 0 out of 100 tries.

He's the slowest player on the team.

Every game he gets rag-dolled below our goal line.

It is commonplace for him to take bad penalties like the other night where he took 2 separate ones on the same play because a forward had the audacity to push back trying to set up in front of Bob.

Trade him while he has some value.

Yeah, 8 minors in 34 games is horrible for a defenseman? Can't believe he took a slashing and roughing against an agitator in front of the net...

I think you (as well as me) will continue to see what you want to see. Wiz has been fine this year, IMO. He's actually improved defensively, IMO, and his offense has started to pick up as his hand has gotten better. He's also a huge part of a top 8 PP unit. I've never noticed any huge failure of him to keep pucks in more than anyone else and he brings a calm to the PP unit that other D men don't.

Regarding the talk of pessimism or optimism, I'm not sure I understand the pessimism and how or why that's necessary for some of you. All the team can do is win the games they play and if going 9-1-1 in the last 11 isn't gaining enough for you to be happy then I'm not sure you can be happy. As long as they continue to win more than they lose, they'll remain in the conversation. If other teams stay hot, they stay hot. There's nothing about what other teams do that matter to this CBJ fan. I just want the CBJ to win and see how it shakes out. I really have a hard time understanding what's fun about being a fan if you can't enjoy winning. I mean, I guess you can grouse about the bad November and lament the hole the team made for itself, but I don't see the usefulness of looking backward.

Getting on topic - IMO, however close to the bar they are (near or far), I doubt the deals will be more than minor ones.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I think if someone knocks your socks off with an offer for Wiz, then you do it, but not unless there's a comparable coming back. We still need his offensive ability that he brings from the point, and no we dont have anything comparable in the pipeline. Murray may fit the bill, but you actually have to be playing to be considered a replacement.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I hope they are staying out of bars. I also don't think we will see much movement. Hoping to get Nick signed and go from there.
Regardless of any moves, the CBJ 4th line needs rebuilt badly and is definitely weaker than last year. Tropp, Cracknell, Gibbons, etc. are terrible. Getting Letestu healthy helps but he'll be doing 3rd line work until anisimov returns.

squarelaces

Aug 6, 2005
Yeah, 8 minors in 34 games is horrible for a defenseman? Can't believe he took a slashing and roughing against an agitator in front of the net...

I think you (as well as me) will continue to see what you want to see. Wiz has been fine this year, IMO. He's actually improved defensively, IMO, and his offense has started to pick up as his hand has gotten better. He's also a huge part of a top 8 PP unit. I've never noticed any huge failure of him to keep pucks in more than anyone else and he brings a calm to the PP unit that other D men don't.

Regarding the talk of pessimism or optimism, I'm not sure I understand the pessimism and how or why that's necessary for some of you. All the team can do is win the games they play and if going 9-1-1 in the last 11 isn't gaining enough for you to be happy then I'm not sure you can be happy. As long as they continue to win more than they lose, they'll remain in the conversation. If other teams stay hot, they stay hot. There's nothing about what other teams do that matter to this CBJ fan. I just want the CBJ to win and see how it shakes out. I really have a hard time understanding what's fun about being a fan if you can't enjoy winning. I mean, I guess you can grouse about the bad November and lament the hole the team made for itself, but I don't see the usefulness of looking backward.

Getting on topic - IMO, however close to the bar they are (near or far), I doubt the deals will be more than minor ones.

I merely responded to your assertion that Bus was the only one who didn't care for Wiz. I think he sucks. I don't know where the rest of what you wrote is coming from. Maybe you are practicing to become a psychologist. I am a happy and loyal Jacket fan. Carry on.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I merely responded to your assertion that Bus was the only one who didn't care for Wiz. I think he sucks. I don't know where the rest of what you wrote is coming from. Maybe you are practicing to become a psychologist. I am a happy and loyal Jacket fan. Carry on.

I'm responding to the general theme of the thread as well as your comment. In other words, first two paragraphs, you, last two, general comments related to the thread. Hope that helps.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The hottest team who still can't gain anything in the standings because teams ahead are just as hot.

I still think they are sellers at the deadline for at least a couple of pieces. The dominating win over Boston was still a fluke in my mind and their goal differential is still terrible.

True, it's like chasing Seabiscuit... If the Jackets keep winning at an 85% pace they will move up though...

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I'm reallly glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this. He used to have defensive breakdowns with much more frequency... Last year at this time I would have been pleased to offload Wiz, but not anymore.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Wiz has been quieter which is both good and bad. We aren't noticing him for defensive lapses, which is good... but he's also been pretty quiet offensively which isn't great.

Then again, I don't think it's for a lack of trying. Everyone seems to be trying to block his shots, including Atkinson.

Regardless of any moves, the CBJ 4th line needs rebuilt badly and is definitely weaker than last year. Tropp, Cracknell, Gibbons, etc. are terrible. Getting Letestu healthy helps but he'll be doing 3rd line work until anisimov returns.

Agreed. In tonight's Panthers broadcast they zoomed in on Mackenzie and said "he gave the room a speech between periods" and then something about veteran leadership.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Wiz has been quieter which is both good and bad. We aren't noticing him for defensive lapses, which is good... but he's also been pretty quiet offensively which isn't great.

Then again, I don't think it's for a lack of trying. Everyone seems to be trying to block his shots, including Atkinson.

The fact that Wiz can still put together .5ppg without having his slap shot (he's still not shooting hard, since his broken finger) is pretty impressive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad