Prospect Info: With the 66th overall pick in the 2021 Entry Draft, the Ducks select Sasha Pastujov

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He's a twig who skates through molasses. I don't think he has an NHL future as a checking forward or someone with any sort of defensive responsibilities. If he's an NHLer at all, he's either a top-6 guy or a tweener who can spot in on your 3rd line occasionally for some offense in favorable matchups.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Had a PP assist in his AHL debut last night. I had meant to watch the game at least a bit but didn't stay up that late so can't comment on how he played. AHLTV is free for the weekened if you're interested in checking out the San Diego Gulls game on Sunday.

His skating definitely improved in the OHL last season but it still may not be up to snuff and he probably needs to build up strength significantly if he wants to move up from the AHL.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Any news/updates on this young prospect?
He has 1st line hands and 4th line feet. But he manages to get open and he's slippery with the puck in close quarters. I think he'll put up good numbers this year in San Diego and hopefully the exposure to pro players will help him learn to compensate for his skating.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Had a PP assist in his AHL debut last night. I had meant to watch the game at least a bit but didn't stay up that late so can't comment on how he played. AHLTV is free for the weekened if you're interested in checking out the San Diego Gulls game on Sunday.

His skating definitely improved in the OHL last season but it still may not be up to snuff and he probably needs to build up strength significantly if he wants to move up from the AHL.

Nice goal

Nesterenko Regenda and Zell on ice. May it portend a decent future

Reactions: Ducks DVM

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
He has 1st line hands and 4th line feet. But he manages to get open and he's slippery with the puck in close quarters. I think he'll put up good numbers this year in San Diego and hopefully the exposure to pro players will help him learn to compensate for his skating.
So if he gets those up to 3rd line feet he balances out at a 2nd line wing, right? Right?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So another month into his pro career, how has looked? Is he getting into places to succeed?

Here's a blurb on Pastujov by a fellow Ducks poster who's been watching the Gulls:

Regenda and Agozzino are the Gulls' best forwards IMO. They both have the ability to tilt the ice. King is coming along very well, too. I think he'll be a good to very good career AHLer, dunno about his NHL upside. Guacher is becoming more visible but it seems like it'll be quite a process for him. Nesterenko looks very slick and is tenacious but can't ever seem to turn that into production. Pastujov is a complete empty sweater. He might be the Gulls' worst forward. I'd certainly put Caulfield and even Wiebe ahead of him.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad