Prospect Info: With the 66th overall pick in the 2021 Entry Draft, the Ducks select Sasha Pastujov

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just scored a PP one timer goal to basically seal the game. He actually plays a lot like Guenther from the game I scouted of him....just poorer skating and play away from the puck. I still think he plays like Terry with better hands.
How does he compare to a guy like perreault(who I think is going to be a steal in that draft)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
How does he compare to a guy like perreault(who I think is going to be a steal in that draft)
They are different players... I think Sasha likes the puck on his stick more and likes to play with it.... I'd compare their games to a Terry vs Kessel type (play style not impact or production) comparsion to save myself some key strokes haha.

Reactions: Kalv and Getz2noone

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Went ahead on got HockeyTV early for these games. Good on USA coaching noticing Pasta had great chemistry with Bordeleau on the PP and moved him up to his line 5v5. Bordeleau is also gonna be a good one. Thought Pasta started off slow but once he got some PP time and put on Bordeleaus line he looked just as poised as any of the 2002's.

Edit: the commentator mentioned his teammates call him Pasta so im going with that

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Sasha didnt get as many opportunities as the first couple games. Mainly because of his usage IMO, really dont like him on Smilanic's wing... more of a head down bull dog center. Also got very little PP time this game... but I do like how they use him on the point which usually transitions him to the half wall.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Starting to watch the USA game from earlier today.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Seems lile an odd development. By going to the OHL it delays his ability to playing in the AHL doesn't it? Though maybe that is what they want.

No because he wasn’t drafted out of the ohl that rule doesn’t apply here.

very interesting signing I wonder how his progression will go. He can attend our training camp/ rookie tournament this way too so that’s neat.

Last edited:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Seems lile an odd development. By going to the OHL it delays his ability to playing in the AHL doesn't it? Though maybe that is what they want.

Technically, no. Since he was drafted out of the development program, the CHL agreement doesn't apply to him. So if he has a great year in the OHL, he could play in the AHL in his D+2 season.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Stephens with a great article on Pastujov here:
Behind Sasha Pastujov's decision to forsake college and go the junior route

Sounds like Marchant was the one who posed the idea of Sasha choosing the OHL over NCAA, but it was Pastujov's decision in the end. The idea was that he has a lot of great tools, but really needs work on the skating. With Guelph, he can play a longer schedule, and he will have access to a premier skating coach: Barb Underhill.

Also worth mentioning that Pastujov said that Zegras has been in close contact with him ever since he was drafted and will show him around when Sasha gets here for development camp.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Stephens with a great article on Pastujov here:
Behind Sasha Pastujov's decision to forsake college and go the junior route

Sounds like Marchant was the one who posed the idea of Sasha choosing the OHL over NCAA, but it was Pastujov's decision in the end. The idea was that he has a lot of great tools, but really needs work on the skating. With Guelph, he can play a longer schedule, and he will have access to a premier skating coach: Barb Underhill.

Also worth mentioning that Pastujov said that Zegras has been in close contact with him ever since he was drafted and will show him around when Sasha gets here for development camp.
I remember when it came out he was headed to Guelph I thought to myself that maybe Guelph lobbied to him that they had a really good skating coach or something but I didn’t know that the coach was barb underhill, that is STELLAR news

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad