Prospect Info: With the #63 pick, the Wild select (C) Jack McBain (NCAA, Boston College)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Frankly all of them might end up as wings, including Marat and McBain.
I think Dewar is a C, which is ironic, because he was a wing in junior. He's not big, but he's fast, smart, good on FO's, and a two way player.

Not so crazy idea. Guerin signs Meyers as a UFA, and trades McBain's rights for a 2nd/3rd.

Meyers + 2nd/3rd > McBain?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Dewar is a C, which is ironic, because he was a wing in junior. He's not big, but he's fast, smart, good on FO's, and a two way player.

Not so crazy idea. Guerin signs Meyers as a UFA, and trades McBain's rights for a 2nd/3rd.

Definitely

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Marat, Dewar, Shaw, thought the latter is more of a wing.

I don't trust Marat to come over anymore with Russian politics and other things afoot. Even then I don't see him coming over until he's Kaprizov's age.

Dewar is a fair point, but I've seen him more of a tweener (AHL/NHLer)

I thought Meyers was more of a winger than a center?

Caedan bankier is a c, being said he was a steal

Hard to project Bankier at the moment, but even with McBain, the center depth was questionable at best.

Rossi...McBain/Dewar/Bankier? Don't even know what's going on with Marat. Signed through 2024, so hopefully he comes over, but again with the whole Russia thing - who knows? Hopefully things will be resolved by then.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't trust Marat to come over anymore with Russian politics and other things afoot. Even then I don't see him coming over until he's Kaprizov's age.

Dewar is a fair point, but I've seen him more of a tweener (AHL/NHLer)

I thought Meyers was more of a winger than a center?

Hard to project Bankier at the moment, but even with McBain, the center depth was questionable at best.

Rossi...McBain/Dewar/Bankier? Don't even know what's going on with Marat. Signed through 2024, so hopefully he comes over, but again with the whole Russia thing - who knows? Hopefully things will be resolved by then.

He’s been a center all of college.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Source on that? I see some teams pulled out of their playoffs, but I'm not up to speed on anything else around it.
Tons of players have left, many remaining players are no longer getting paychecks due to Oligarchs accounts getting frozen in western banks etc.

Also of note, the main board had a thread about Russian NHL players considering asylum in North America due to all the restrictions on travel to and from Russia.

I didn't see if that thread survived migration or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild11MN

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

Correct for his first 3 years. Dewar was absolutely a C his final year of juniors, though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's not publicly confirmed, but Russo has said the Wild are under the impression they won't be able to sign him.

With all the public comments made by the team I'm leaning towards the Wild don't want to sign him. They just are doing a pre-emptive media spin on it.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
With all the public comments made by the team I'm leaning towards the Wild don't want to sign him. They just are doing a pre-emptive media spin on it.
I see. Weird. Isn’t this the only way out of Suter/Parise hell developing picks? I don’t understand , especially since he’s not a winger?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
1 way vs 2 way is a HUGE difference.

So, if McBain does walk - what is Minnesota's center depth prospect wise? Rossi and...?

Marat, Dewar, Bankier, Nesterenko....although no one knows how many of these prospects will play center at the next level.

Is Khovanov even considered a prospect at this point?

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Do we have any additional insight into why McBain is walking? I just don't understand. There cannot be more than a handful of other teams in the league (if any) that can offer both a clear NHL role quickly playing with talented players (Boldy at a minimum) given McBain shows that he's capable at this level while also being in a position to be on a team that is at least competing for the playoffs?

If this McBain having a specific vision of how he wants to begin his NHL future? Or is this Guerin putting hardlines around cap or contract type or some other negotiation stall out? If it's the latter and we're haggling over $1 or 2m and we just traded for Jost for $2m I will be shook.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Do we have any additional insight into why McBain is walking? I just don't understand. There cannot be more than a handful of other teams in the league (if any) that can offer both a clear NHL role quickly playing with talented players (Boldy at a minimum) given McBain shows that he's capable at this level while also being in a position to be on a team that is at least competing for the playoffs?

If this McBain having a specific vision of how he wants to begin his NHL future? Or is this Guerin putting hardlines around cap or contract type or some other negotiation stall out? If it's the latter and we're haggling over $1 or 2m and we just traded for Jost for $2m I will be shook.
It's an ELC... it isn't contract related in terms of value.

I could see McBain wanting to play right away and GMBG not wanting to give that guarantee, so he doesn't want to sign here, wants to go where someone might guarantee him an NHL spot right away.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hello,

Is there a reason why McBain doesn't want to sign with you guys? You guys are desperate for centers and are an up and coming team.... I am so confused can someone explain?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hello,

Is there a reason why McBain doesn't want to sign with you guys? You guys are desperate for centers and are an up and coming team.... I am so confused can someone explain?

No one knows the reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad